Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Raijer

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Raijer »

The campaign has 10 chapters, but you can't continue to chap 6 at the end of chap 5, you've got to start part 2 in the campaign menu.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley
dracostar

Post by dracostar »

Actually I just managed to fix the issue by loading the last turn of the previous scenario, after which the new save file worked perfectly. Just as a side note, do any of Efraim and Lethalia's ranged attacks drain or leech?
wuxiangjinxing

Post by wuxiangjinxing »

A tiny bug: all of the race-killer weapon speciality AMLA advancements of predator should have "name=bow" instead of "name=longbow".
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Thanks for reporting. He had to be quite useless without his signature speciality.

EDIT:
Sorry for forgetting, dracostar.
As far as I remember, Efraim's thrown knives can leech (if you have a suitable weapon) and both Efraim and Lethalia can learn the entropy attack that can leech (if you have the right AMLA).
Last edited by Dugi on November 11th, 2014, 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cashcam24

Post by Cashcam24 »

In the scenario the den of evi(chapter 7)l I keep getting stuck by the sheer numbers of enemy units can anybody give me some advice?
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

@Cashcam: You're in the hardest part of the campaign, i didn't really manage it fairly on hard (at least 10 reloads), but anyway: from what i remember, you need strong healers. I think i had a celestial messenger and a faerie incarnation, both having their healing ability to the max, and Lethalia having something like +16 heal too.
In the first 3 turns, you recall your best units (i had around 1 of each type, half equipped for most), the slowest ones first, then progressively to the fastest ones, so that the last you recruited can catch up with the first 2-3 turns after.
The first thing i did was go past the first shortcut and block it with one leader (Efraim in my case, he was more durable), and use a healer and another unit (the dwarf loyal can be good) to add durability to the lock.

That way, you're giving time for the rest of your army to go away, and you're focusing some of the enemy forces somewhere else than your main force. So, next you're killing the first leader:
Be careful of the second shortcut, block it with Lethalia or your strongest unit+second healer. And then, use the others to kill the naga leader. When you're there. Efraim and co, which you left behind, should be half-dead, and useless by now, so they should start running away. First the dwarf leader (he's slow, give him 3-4 turns to run), then healer+Efraim.
Now you're kinda in control, the only dangerous leader (who had a wide way to attack you) is dead. From there, you can choose to push through the second shortcut with your 2 leaders and kill the enemy who's close, or go to the third shortcut and then straight to the win.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley
dracostar

Post by dracostar »

Thanks Dugi that will definitely help
Also, in the scenario Finally Together, it seems like everything from the Gladiatrix scenarios is carried over apart from the potions and limited items. Is this intentional? I would like some of the healing potions I saved up to use for the main campaign.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

dracostar wrote:Also, in the scenario Finally Together, it seems like everything from the Gladiatrix scenarios is carried over apart from the potions and limited items. Is this intentional?
This definitely wasn't intended, so it's a bug. Thanks for reporting.
dabber

Post by dabber »

In chapter 3, scenario 5 The Pit, the map contains various spots that are void (code Xv), and I think that is a mistake. Most of them don't feel appropriate for a void location, and most look a little funny visually. I think they should be cave walls (Xu).
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

@dabber
i always believed that those spots were intended to show how the corruption/nothingness(?) from the world of the death has already partly come into the real world XD
just my interpretation ^^
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Konrad is right.
wuxiangjinxing

Post by wuxiangjinxing »

One tiny thing: Shall we change the alignment of Delly lich to neutral and hide Argan lich from the help list?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I have already told my reasons why should Delly remain chaotic.
Why are you bothered by Argan the Lich being on the help list?
wuxiangjinxing

Post by wuxiangjinxing »

One small suggestion:

Sometimes we need to give a unit a number of equipments, but everytime when an item is given, we will completely exit the item menu and we have to right-click on the unit and go into the item menu again. Can you change this to the level of "look into the item storage" level?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I guess that I could do that.