We are playing LoW coop!

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

max_torch
Inactive Developer

Re: We are playing LoW coop!

Post by max_torch »

I said:
So kiss I will see you then on Saturday in the multiplayer lobby of the latest development version of wesnoth at 14:00 of your time which is 21:00 of mine..
This would be 3 AM for darkphoenix so we will post the replay of our game for you so that you may follow our progress.
See you in the lobby kiss!
So I used 1.11.18
So maybe the bug only occurs if the transition from first scenario to the next fails..
Also, fabi I tried playing the first scenario by myself wherein I assigned control of both Landar and Kalenz to myself and I was able to transition to the next scenario as well without problems. The only difference between that and my game with kiss was that the person controlling the other team was an actual online player and then oos occurred.
I guess I can try again with kiss. kiss, wanna play same time this week?
kiss

Post by kiss »

fabi wrote:Are you all playing with the same version of Wesnoth?
1.11.18 here.
max_torch wrote: I guess I can try again with kiss. kiss, wanna play same time this week?
It sounds possible ... even earlier.

Well, I know reporting in bug tracker is prefered but with all the problems we encountered I have no idea how to do that properly, because it seems the first bug broke all.
What I experienced from my side.

Sadly I don't have traces about that.
At the end of first scenario, max_torch ended it and I've had OOS error. Each time I've validate "no" button something was loged in the chat.
I was not focused enought on that, but I think it say something was loged on the server.
I quit and GUI return to the lobby.

I joined new max_torch game and encountered OOS again. This game was loaded from Hostile_Mountains.gz if I understand well.
What may help is :
- some parts from the first scenario were replayed, at least for sure chat and labels.
- gold carry over was done twice

max_torch loaded an other game and I joined.
- I controled max_torch side
- my chat was red (max_torch side color)
- names in status table were Kalenz, kiss, Oluf and Grugi
- there is no gold carry over

max_torch loaded an other game and I joined.
- max_torch control all the sides, but mine.
Ravana logged into the game and helped us, you have his information above.

Whatever, I've installed Wesnoth in french on an other laptop under Vista today.
I've created an other account (kiss-de) and now I can simulate MP from two different places.
I've tried it and I've had the same result than fabi. Transition from scenario 1 to 2 seems ok and I hope I've experienced what it supposed to be.
The only strange thing was I get gp twice at the end of scenario 1 but I don't really looked at what it was.
fabi
Inactive Developer

Post by fabi »

max_torch wrote:I said:
So kiss I will see you then on Saturday in the multiplayer lobby of the latest development version of wesnoth at 14:00 of your time which is 21:00 of mine..
This would be 3 AM for darkphoenix so we will post the replay of our game for you so that you may follow our progress.
See you in the lobby kiss!
So I used 1.11.18
So maybe the bug only occurs if the transition from first scenario to the next fails..
Also, fabi I tried playing the first scenario by myself wherein I assigned control of both Landar and Kalenz to myself and I was able to transition to the next scenario as well without problems. The only difference between that and my game with kiss was that the person controlling the other team was an actual online player and then oos occurred.
I guess I can try again with kiss. kiss, wanna play same time this week?
I guess my test environment (two clients on the same host) is pretty much equal to a real mp game where the clients are not on the same host.
Or is there anything I don't know?
kiss

Post by kiss »

kiss wrote:The only strange thing was I get gp twice at the end of scenario 1 but I don't really looked at what it was.
I've found what is that.
Spoiler:
fabi
Inactive Developer

Post by fabi »

kiss wrote:Shouldn't it be {LOOT 25 1} & {LOOT 25 2} ?
Yes.
Thank you.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

I played with max_torch scenarios 2 and some of 3, main problem was getting from scenario 2->3. Appeared oos popups, should be found somewhere in stderr http://pastebin.com/e5WchJXW too. Solved by

Code: Select all

18:54	DEV: <max_torch> ravana once again oos at scenario transition
18:55	DEV: <max_torch> definitely it is not some random bug
18:55	DEV: <Ravana> not sure what actually happened
18:56	DEV: <Ravana> 20141108 18:51:41 error network: processing network data while still having data on the replay.
18:56	DEV: <max_torch> hmm can we try to load the turn where we kill the troll leader in the 2nd scenario and see if that makes the transition work?
18:57	DEV: <Ravana> try load, then advance, and I join as observer to next one
18:57	DEV: <max_torch> ah okay i get your point
This way showed multiple warnings but nothing seemed overly broken.

Less important problem was that in 2. scenario units animations like move/attack/damage only showed during my turn, at least until most trolls were dead, then it suddenly started working normally again.

Another relevant thing about this session is http://puu.sh/cIfMi/a4b9835a78.jpg , about era changes, missing first message in chat area and extra # symbols.
iceiceice

Post by iceiceice »

Okay, I also tried to reproduce these and I didn't see any problems.

I want to take a wild guess though -- can you guys confirm that when you end the scenario and transition, the host always transitions before the other players, and they all transition automatically right after him (except observer which has an option).
Spoiler:
This stuff about linger mode was the last big problem that I remember that we solved related to scenario transitions, after that it was working fine (and for me it still seems to be).
kiss

Post by kiss »

iceiceice wrote:Okay, I also tried to reproduce these and I didn't see any problems.

I want to take a wild guess though -- can you guys confirm that when you end the scenario and transition, the host always transitions before the other players, and they all transition automatically right after him (except observer which has an option).
The first time I've played with max-torch was also my first MP experience. Thus I've had no idea of how it works.
max-torch was the host and me the player. At the end of scenario 1, we've talked about what we had done. When time came to end the scenario, I've remarked I couldn't do it because the button was not active.
So yes, I was sitting here doing nothing before oos.

Now, your explanation gave me an idea. The best is to explain what I've done with kiss-de and kiss.
I reload last turn of scenario 1, just before victory and join.
On player side I block all events by opening unit tab.
On host, I kill for victory, ack all messages, send a chat message, end scenario, enter scenario 2, ack all messages, play and end the first turn.

Host is waiting for player to play his first turn in scenario 2.
Player is still on unit tab in scenario 1 and wait for host actions.
I stand like that for about 1/4 hour.
Player close unit tab and all events are played until he ends in scenario 2, ready to play his turn.

This let me think that the whole chain is well controlled by both client and server, at least for the ongoing game's event.
Nothing external was involved, no server messages "xxxx log in", no observers ...

I hope I've understand well what you've explained trying to create a situation that shouldn't exist.

I've gone deeper in the experiment.
Do the same than explained above, but before opening unit tab I've disconnected player from the network, reconnected when host ends the sequence.
When player closed unit tab all goes well.

Next one was to disconnect host and send a message from player. Well, nothing wrong either.

After that I try a lot of things, connecting, disconnecting, host, player while doing actions from one or other side ... no way to reproduce oos!
I think we can't help from client side.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Todays playtest with 1.12.0 for everyone.

Summary: Carryover is given twice from players view, once from observers view. Having player leave[to lobby] and rejoin game didn't fix this.
However observers who didn't control any side[Ravana and XYZ] that game saw correct gold, both the observer who advanced[Ravana] and the one who just rejoined[XYZ].
This is possibly related to cache, as having player quit to main menu seemed to fix this.
Saves do not always work, 1) when loading in mp lobby, says not multiplayer save; 2) when loading from main menu, all turns are skipped so it immediately goes to max_turns+1/max_turns
- looks like http://puu.sh/d0WSV/9b2e7181e0.jpg
- working save from when I was given side http://puu.sh/d0WUH/98a1874d89.jpg and working save after that http://puu.sh/d0WY9/2d32d79172.jpg

Chat log:

<16:15 kiss> seems fine:)
<16:16 max_torch> but i have 336 gold
<16:16 max_torch> it is double my bonus gold
<16:16 max_torch> i should have only 218 gold right now
<16:16 Ravana> both have 218 from this view
<16:16 kiss> me too 336
<16:16 max_torch> i also noticed this before
<16:16 max_torch> the observer sees the correct gold
<16:16 Ravana> try reload or continue with double?
<16:17 max_torch> but the players have wrong gold
<16:17 Ravana> actually wait, going to try with this save
<16:17 max_torch> yeah what if you ravana the observer save the game then create then the two of us join your save
<16:17 Ravana> save broken
<16:17 max_torch> wha..
<16:18 Ravana> says not multiplayer save
<16:18 max_torch> ah.. well i guess this should be reported.. for now kiss i let's just edit our current gold value to become the proper amount?
<16:19 Ravana> going to try few more things
<16:19 max_torch> ravana it also happened when i was observing kiss when he advanced to next scenario i saw correct gold for him while he saw wrong gold
<16:19 kiss> modify in 1st turn save, then load it?
<16:20 Ravana> totally broken
<16:20 max_torch> yes just change both of our gold amount
<16:20 Ravana> not even singleplayer save is usable
<16:20 kiss> ok, should 218 right?
<16:20 max_torch> yes 218 for you and me both
<16:20 Ravana> better not do that
<16:20 Ravana> just continue, else it might not be possible to do even this
<16:21 kiss> ok
<16:21 max_torch> is it possible ravana that the gold will become correct when we move to the next scenario?
<16:22 Ravana> unlikely, but possible certainly
<16:22 Ravana> then again
<16:23 Ravana> what happens when control changes now?
<16:23 Ravana> would you get observers view of gold then
<16:23 max_torch> control of what?
<16:23 max_torch> oh you wanna try changing control now then?
<16:23 Ravana> it might show something
<16:24 max_torch> that sounds good. kiss, try making me an observer and giving ravana control of my side
<16:24 kiss> ok, save file before
<16:25 max_torch> ok i saved
<16:25 kiss> ho, it's with command mode right?
<16:25 Ravana> :control number name
<16:30 server> max_torch becomes an observer.
<16:30 server> Ravana takes control of side 2.
<16:26 Ravana> shows 218 for both still
<16:26 max_torch> i see 336
<16:26 kiss> hehe, still 336 here!
<16:26 Ravana> hop to lobby and back again
<16:26 max_torch> so it is correct only for the observer...
<16:27 max_torch> okay i hopped to lobby and back. i still see 336
<16:27 max_torch> for both
<16:30 server> Ravana becomes an observer.
<16:30 server> max_torch takes control of side 2.
<16:27 Ravana> strange
<16:28 max_torch> the gold is only correct for an observer who also advanced from previous scenario to next
<16:28 XYZ> i did not advance, i rejoined,and i see 218
<16:29 max_torch> ah then in that case the gold remains wrong for any 'player' that advanced from previous scenario to next
<16:29 XYZ> you may be fine when you leave and rejoin leaving control to an observer
<16:29 Ravana> we just tried this
<16:30 XYZ> i didnt see anyone leaving the map
<16:30 max_torch> hopefully this kind of report and information will help the developers
<16:30 max_torch> i left then i joined again
<16:30 max_torch> i can try again one more time
<16:30 server> max_torch has left the game.
<16:30 server> kiss takes control of side 2.
<16:30 XYZ> you never lost control of P1
<16:30 XYZ> now he did
<16:30 Ravana> no, we tried this with side 2
<16:32 server> XYZ takes control of side 2.
<16:31 XYZ> i know, you took control
<16:31 max_torch> guys i know see correct gold
<16:31 kiss> want me to quit?
<16:31 max_torch> wait
<16:31 max_torch> i now see correct gold
<16:31 Ravana> give max_torch control first
<16:31 kiss> ho
<16:32 kiss> ok max_torch side 1?
<16:32 max_torch> but this time what i did was i exited the server, went to main menu of wesnoth then rejoined the server then observed
<16:32 Ravana> side 2
<16:32 Ravana> ah
<16:32 max_torch> the first time i quit i only went to lobby
<16:32 Ravana> likely related to cache
<16:32 kiss> ho, some cache then?
<16:32 kiss> I'll add that to report later
<16:33 max_torch> so maybe if you give control of your side to ravana then kiss quits and leaves lobby then comes back as observer his gold will be correct then after that we give him control again'
<16:34 server> XYZ becomes an observer.
<16:34 server> max_torch takes control of side 2.
<16:33 Ravana> currently if kiss left then it would be XYZ as host
<16:33 Ravana> thats why I said to give that back to max_torch 
<16:34 kiss> whe are ok now? I quit?
<16:34 Ravana> yes
<16:34 kiss> game only to see if host react the same way
<16:37 server> kiss has left the game.
<16:37 server> max_torch has been chosen as the new host.
<16:37 server> max_torch takes control of side 1.
<16:37 server> AI sides transferred to host.
<16:37 server> Ravana takes control of side 1.
<16:35 kiss> still 336
<16:35 Ravana> did you go to main menu?
<16:35 max_torch> kiss did you leave the server and go to main menu of wesnoth?>
<16:36 kiss> no only wuit the game, now I also quit the server
<16:36 max_torch> you must also quit the server
<16:37 kiss> 218!
<16:37 max_torch> cool
<16:37 server> Ravana becomes an observer.
<16:37 server> kiss takes control of side 1.
<16:37 max_torch> now i will give you control kalenz
<16:37 Ravana> did so already
<16:37 max_torch> yeah thanks
<16:38 max_torch> lets save
<16:38 max_torch> well now that we've done all that, let's try to play this level!
<16:39 max_torch> we don't need to recruit too many units in this level as it will soon become crowded
<16:39 kiss> crowded ? sorry, I don't know that word :(
<16:40 Ravana> everyone is with 1.12.0, right?
<16:40 max_torch> yes im 1.12.0
<16:40 XYZ> is this the same server as 1.11.19=
<16:40 Ravana> same server
<16:40 XYZ>  i have a previous 1.12 version
<16:40 kiss> also 1.12.10 here
<16:40 kiss> 1.12.0 sorry
<16:40 max_torch> crowded means that our units will be close to each other and not have much room later in the center of the map
\/ error general: Unknown scenario: '03_Kalian_under_Attack'
Last edited by Ravana on November 22nd, 2014, 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
max_torch
Inactive Developer

Post by max_torch »

^^Everything was going fine until we reached the end. When I pressed the end scenario button i got a message that said
Unknown Scenario 03 'Kalian Under Attack'
and the only option it gave me was to quit and when i pressed quit it brought me to the lobby
I don't remember the text exactly because I didnt take screenshot, sorry about that
kiss

Post by kiss »

I think this is it :
unknown_scenario.png
unknown_scenario.png (30.42 KiB) Viewed 5060 times
I've had the same error right after.
We've encountered so much weird behaviour, starting with my own side before starting, that I can't say anything to help.
max_torch
Inactive Developer

We are playing LoW coop! [Round 2]

Post by max_torch »

I would like to invite people for another round of playing/testing Legend of Wesmere multiplayer version!
We started to play Legend of Wesmere back in 1.11.19 all the way up to 1.12.1, and it was fruitful because we were able to help expose a few critical bugs as you can see in the previous posts in this thread. Now 1.12.2 is out, and it looks like work has been done to fix MP campaigns, so it's time for another round of trying to play this campaign!
First of all I would like to emphasize my appreciation to the people who understand the code and are the only ones who can find a solution who are working hard on making this game work, you guys are great!

Now I propose this time for this playthrough to be a sort of testing/playing. If we find a few minor bugs we note it. If we find really really game breaking bugs we report it and ask for help probing it. If we find no bugs at all then we enjoy the game! If it turns out that the campaign works well finally, then we will make a 'Let's Play' similar to http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... ay#p563885 and the reason for this is to highlight this new feature of mainline multiplayer coop campaigns and to generate more interest in this kind of format so that for the first time the experience of playing this type of mainline feature will be documented and get people excited to develop this further.
Game will be played on easy difficulty. If you are interested please mention your timezone. I am GMT +8
max_torch
Inactive Developer

Let's PlayTEST Legend of Wesmere Chapter 1

Post by max_torch »

Let's PlayTEST Legend of Wesmere Chapter 1

Legend of Wesmere is unique among all mainline content because it is a campaign that can be played in multiplayer or in singleplayer. This playthrough is being done on version 1.12.2, easy difficulty, with no abuse of load-save.
Before beginning there are certain bugs we need to be aware of:
Bug 23321 - https://gna.org/bugs/?23321 - This is not a game-breaking bug, as included in the bug report is a workaround for the bug once you are aware of it, and I have a feeling that the bug was observed only in SP, something to do with having multiple recall lists, so it's possible that this bug will not occur during MP play.
Bug 23021 and 21945- https://gna.org/bugs/?23021 https://gna.org/bugs/?21945 - This is not a game-breaking bug. only the host sees the wrong names while the other players see the right ones, so it is an inconvenience only to the host.
Bug 22943 - https://gna.org/bugs/?22943 - minor at best
Bug 22940 - https://gna.org/bugs/?22940 - minor
Bug 22936 - https://gna.org/bugs/?22936 - The carryover gold bug. Something to watch out for.
Bug 22931 - https://gna.org/bugs/?22931 - minor
http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=41734 - Something to watch for regarding the way Cleodil heals Kalenz.
http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=41569 - Something to watch out for if it indeed happens.
Bug 22968 - https://gna.org/bugs/index.php?22968 - Something to watch out for. potentially game-breaking.
There may be more I have not mentioned or am not aware of.

Scenario 1: The Uprooting

max_torch controls Kalenz with 125 starting gold
Xara controls Landar with 125 starting gold

At the beginning we are surrounded by 4 enemy orc leaders, either one of which has to be killed in order to win the scenario, and our ally Velon who needs to be kept alive is west of us. Because this is on easy difficulty, we decided that we can kill the east orc leader before Velon gets killed. We rushed the east orc leader and won.

Restarts: We did not have difficulty winning the scenario and we did not have to restart. Scenario ended at turn 6/20.
Max_torch's personal remarks: My loyal archer Anduilas almost died with only one hitpoint left, that got me worried a bit! I'm satisfied with Kalenz managing to get 19 XP
Asides from a single bug, everything else seems to be working properly.
Bugs observed: 21945 //The bug cannot be observed in the replay, only during the game.
Replay:
LoW-The_Uprooting_replay.gz
(26.02 KiB) Downloaded 234 times
Scenario 2: Hostile Mountains

max_torch controls Kalenz with 216 starting gold
Xara controls Landar with 204 starting gold

The map looks very nice and geographical. We occupied the small island in the middle so that the trolls would attack from the water. On the mountainous west side however we had some difficulty finishing up the enemy troll whelps as the terrain defense combined with their regen made us take a long time to kill them. max_torch tried to get the last hit on the enemy troll leader for the xp but the dwarves got it first.

Restarts: We had to restart several times. The first time we played it the power in max_torch's house suddenly went out so we had to resume it but when we loaded the game Olurf became hostile to us, so we had to go back to the last turn of scenario 1. When we played it the 2nd time Kalenz got killed trying to get the last hit on the troll leader so we had to play it again one more time. Scenario ended at turn 16/36

Max_torch's personal remarks: I'm just happy that Kalenz and my loyal archer got some xp.
Bugs observed: 21945. 22968 seems to have been fixed however although the computer-controlled sides were no longer under the host's control, the side of Olurf was supposed to be friendly but instead upon reloading the game they were hostile to us even if we didn't step on their land. The only workaround for this was to load the last turn of the previous scenario and transition to the second scenario from there. Also observed is the previously known bug (I cannot find the link) where you can see in the traits: female^strong.
Replay:
LoW-Hostile_Mountains_replay.gz
(45.28 KiB) Downloaded 209 times
Scenario 3: Ka'lian under attack

max_torch controls Galtrid with 300 starting gold
Xara controls El'lsomithir with 300 starting gold
max_torch controls Kalenz with 730 starting gold
Xara controls Landar with 628 starting gold

For the first 5 turns we just stayed put for the most part, letting the enemy come and attack our island. When the enemy numbers dwindled we started bringing our units out. At the end of 5 turns the orcs were badly beaten so they decided to passively stay around their base for the most part. When Kalenz and Landar came we recruited some units for them but the army we had from Galtrid and co. from the first 5 turns was so strong enough already to overwhelm the enemy orc incursion that Kalenz and Landar's troops didn't even reach the enemy fort by the time the scenario was won and barely even contributed. We finished at turn 17/40.

Restarts: No restarts.
Max_torch's personal remarks: For the first 5 turns I made use of my leadership ability to squeeze some extra damage from my defending troops. It seems like I overrecruited considering that my army could not even reach the orc base. At least I was able to level up Kalenz into a captain.
Xara's remarks:
I feel it would be better if in scenario 3 blue and green can have the same controller, while red and purple have the other. It reduce the times the control switches, thus lessen the requisition of players' occupation.
Bugs observed: 21945. 22931
Replay:
LoW-Ka’lian_under_Attack_replay.gz
(77.42 KiB) Downloaded 236 times
Gold issue
For scenario 1 the base gold given is:

#### Kalenz's side ####
#define SINGLEPLAYER_GOLD
    {GOLD 240 200 180}
    {INCOME -2 -2 -2}
    village_gold=1
#enddef

#define MULTIPLAYER_GOLD
    {GOLD 120 100 90}
    {INCOME -2 -2 -2}
    village_gold=1
#enddef
For scenario 2 it's:

### Kalenz's code ###
#define PLAYER_GOLD
#ifdef MULTIPLAYER
    {GOLD 100 90 50}
#else
    {GOLD 200 180 100}
#endif
    income=-2
    village_gold=1
#enddef
And for scenario 3 it's:

#define PLAYER_GOLD
#ifdef MULTIPLAYER
    {GOLD   160 100 50}
    {INCOME  -2  -2 -2}
#else
    {GOLD    80  50 25}
    {INCOME  -2  -2 -2}
#endif
    village_gold=1
#enddef
It seems that in scenarios 1 and 2 the base gold given to each player in MP is half the gold given to the player in SP, but in Scenario 3 the base gold given to each player in MP is twice what would be given to the player in SP. Is this a mistake or intentional? or am I not interpreting the WML correctly? (First time I ever brought up WML in the forum)
Should it be for Scenario 3:

#define PLAYER_GOLD
#ifdef MULTIPLAYER
    {GOLD   80  50 25}
    {INCOME  -2  -2 -2}
#else
    {GOLD  160 100 50}
    {INCOME  -2  -2 -2}
#endif
    village_gold=1
#enddef
instead?

End of Chapter 1
And that was the result of our playtest for Chapter 1! Chapter 2 will begin and we need someone to play Cleodil. Would any of you be available on Friday to play Cleodil 8pm GMT+8? If there are certain tips you have to tell us on how to be better playtesters please by all means inform us! And if there are any features or bugs you would like us to watch out for, or if there are any custom wesnoth builds that have fixes you would like tried, tell us and we will try to organize a test. Also, if anyone else is playtesting LoW, please share your results and observations with us.
Edit: Paulomat has already agreed to play Cleodil
max_torch
Inactive Developer

LoW Chapter 2 playtest report

Post by max_torch »

Scenario 4: The Elvish Treasury

max_torch controls Kalenz
Xara controls Landar
Paulomat4 controls Cleodil

Immediately at the beginning we encounter this bug http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=41569 which involved the Kalenz and Landar's side having two leaders and some purple units appearing on Landar's fort, which the host cannot see. What we did to make it playable was to load turn 1 of Scenario 4 and when we did this Kalenz and Landar had only one leader and the purple units on Landar's keep were gone.There is a ranger that says he will free Cleodil but when he gets to Cleodil he does not free her and there is no fire event triggered. So in our game max_torch had to send his loyal scout to free Cleodil. I do not know if this is indeed a bug or if it is intended. After all this the game progresses smoothly. My fellow playtesters were wondering if the purple saurians received the right amount of gold but we didn't really count it so we can't be sure, and I cannot confirm because replay is OOS.
EDIT: Also, here is an extra report someone else made just now talking about scenario 4 as well: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 63#p583463

Bugs observed: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=41569, ranger doesnt free Cleodil
Replay: replay is out of sync

Scenario 4: The Elvish Treasury

max_torch controls Kalenz
Xara controls Landar
Paulomat4 controls Cleodil

We did not proceed to playtest this because immediately when the scenario begins it is plagued with bugs. First, when we started, the two human players who were not the host became observers and the host received these messages:
bugbugbug.png
Then when the host manually assigns control of Cleodil and Landar to the players there are two problems.
First, they both have the wrong gold:
goldgoldgold.png
and second, Xara could recruit Loyalist units and Paulomat4 could recruit Northerners units.

Bugs observed: Players become observers at the beginning. When players are manually given control they can recruit units of other factions. Wrong gold given to some players.
To the guys I played with, if i missed anything or if you have any comment please speak of it here, thank you.
Last edited by max_torch on April 17th, 2015, 2:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Xara

Post by Xara »

max_torch wrote:mmediately at the beginning we encounter this bug viewtopic.php?f=4&t=41569 which involved the Kalenz and Landar's side having two leaders and some purple units appearing on Landar's fort, which the host cannot see. What we did to make it playable was to load turn 1 of Scenario 4 and when we did this Kalenz and Landar had only one leader and the purple units on Landar's keep were gone.There is a ranger that says he will free Cleodil but when he gets to Cleodil he does not free her and there is no fire event triggered.
In scenario 4:
A part of the codes in the scenario treats Landar as side 4, and forgets Cleodil as side 3. The other parts of the codes are right.
The event to freeing Cleodil has wrong condition, should be moveto for side=1,2,3 instead of side=1,4.
The scenario tries to recall Landar and Kalenz, and immediately check if they are successfully recalled after that, and auto-generate a Kalenz and Landar if failed. But the non-hosters somehow cannot pass the [have_unit] check, thus resulting in the doubled Landar and Kalenz problem.

In scenario 5:
{PLAYABLE} macro is not included in Landar and Cleodil's sides, so their control are swtiched to the computer, and a random faction's recruit list is given. The {MULTIPLAYER_GOLD_02} macro is also missing. So we only had default gold.
The above macros are placed in the previous scenario, but not in this one. Seems little effort has not been made in recent versions to this and the later MP scenarios.
It pronounces Sha'ha, not Zara.

Feedback Thread of my Add-ons