The Peasants' Crusade

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

michaelan

The Peasants' Crusade

Post by michaelan »

Hey! I'm currently developing my own campaign, The Peasants' Crusade, and I'd really appreciate some feedback on how it is so far. Currently, the campaign has four scenarios, one dialogue only.

Mainly, I'm concerned about a few things:
Spoiler:
Here is the campaign file:
The_Peasants'_Crusade.zip
(61.08 KiB) Downloaded 253 times
Thank you very much for playing my campaign. Please point out anything that you like or dislike. :D
Last edited by michaelan on November 2nd, 2014, 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chief_Chasso

Re: The Peasants' Crusade

Post by Chief_Chasso »

Hi, I played through what you've done so far...
Spoiler:
Also, I found a few typos:
Spoiler:
Will you eventually upload this to the add-on server? Nice job.
SP Campaign: Rally For Roanic
michaelan

Post by michaelan »

Thanks for the feedback! I'll fix a few bugs, and make Homecoming harder, and Desperate Defense easier.
I will upload this to the add-ons server when it's finished, though that's quite a ways away.
The sighted event has been buggy in general for a while, so I think I'll just change it to an attack event.
The trolls really never showed up? They always do for me. :hmm:
Chief_Chasso

Post by Chief_Chasso »

The Trolls showed up now. Previously, I debugged to turn 10 so maybe that's why they didn't show up before. It might be kind of funny if the Trolls were rock lobbers :lol:
SP Campaign: Rally For Roanic
michaelan

Post by michaelan »

I can't believe I didn't think of that...
michaelan

Post by michaelan »

Come on, Guys. The campaign has been downloaded six times. Please provide any feedback or comments you can.
WanderingHero

Post by WanderingHero »

Trying it now. Prologue is ok, though it seems odd Armin is described as being proficent in range combat and has no range attack.

Homecoming was fun and well made.

Desperate defense was fun and engaging, but the sudden appearance of trolls AND a crap ton of wolves seemed overkill, the sudden wolves really came out of nowhere and caught me from behind. Its a nasty Tomato surprise and one the player would be less prepared for than you, even if you see what the trolls are doing. On the plus side "I was supposed to die rich! And not die!" is probably the funniest death qoute in Wesnoth. Maybe my fault for playing hard, but a sudden wolf rush on the side your probably not defending is nasty for anyone.

The writing is minimiliatic but above average for Wesnoth standards, and the scenarios made me feel that I was really in the protaginists shoes, though you should show the leads leadership ability rather than just tell us.

Also could you give Dartius a marker or something? Cause I kept losing him in my flood of woodsman and got a few gameovers when i wasnt sure which was D and which was an expendable woodman.

Overall its definitely an above par campiagn, the scenarios are original and strategically engaging, the story is better than average, the gameplay is distinctly better than other campaigns involving lv 0s and you should really put this on the official download server if you want more views and feedback. You should give this campiagn an article to make it easier to find, the Recruit sprite might be a good idea.

I spotted some typos

In the first scenario "don't thank us yet you have eanred this".

For the next scenario the guy says "outlaw sighted" when you recruit, which seems strange

And the outlaw in desperate defense says:
"Outh screw this [censored] IU+00027m out."
Fluffbeast

Post by Fluffbeast »

In the scenario Homecoming, killing the bandit outlaw triggered the ending dialogues, but did not end the scenario. I had to move to the signpost anyway, triggering the ending dialogues yet again.
Death is not extinguishing the light; it is putting out the lamp, because dawn has come. - Rabindranath Tagore