War of the Jewel: SP Campaign, 1.11+ (Feedback & Reviews)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

regnak

Re: War of the Jewel: SP Campaign, 1.11+ (Feedback & Reviews

Post by regnak »

I have started From Darkness and all the heroes except Akhen are missing.

Editing to add the previous scenario where the Undead Emperor shows up looks like there should be a battle but after the dialog I am at the end scenario button.
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

regnak wrote:I have started From Darkness and all the heroes except Akhen are missing.

Editing to add the previous scenario where the Undead Emperor shows up looks like there should be a battle but after the dialog I am at the end scenario button.
There is a message in the intro story for Rain of Light warning the player about the 'scenario end' bug, if you just restart the scenario it works fine. Now I'm trying to understand why none of the heroes appeared in From Darkness... Did you try restarting it?
Author of the Dragon Trilogy.

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
regnak

Post by regnak »

revansurik wrote:
regnak wrote:I have started From Darkness and all the heroes except Akhen are missing.

There is a message in the intro story for Rain of Light warning the player about the 'scenario end' bug, if you just restart the scenario it works fine. Now I'm trying to understand why none of the heroes appeared in From Darkness... Did you try restarting it?

Ok I missed that, I was distracted trying to fix something last night. I reloaded previous and it works ok, I reloaded the gz for From Darkness and the other heroes are still missing.
regnak

Post by regnak »

Ok completed Rain of Light and the next scenario loads normally with all heroes present. As for RoL the allies were great but killing the dark saint was tricky. Merwe needed a above average roll from the RNG since my allies just killed and put him back to full hp. Multiple reloads were required. It would be better if Akhen could attack him without likely being killed in ranged combat or making him stronger in melee.
regnak

Post by regnak »

Finished From Darkness: All those Thunderguards were an incredible pain in the you know what.
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

regnak wrote:Finished From Darkness: All those Thunderguards were an incredible pain in the you know what.
Don't complain, or I'll turn them into Dwarvish Lords in the next release :-P

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
regnak

Post by regnak »

revansurik wrote:
regnak wrote:Finished From Darkness: All those Thunderguards were an incredible pain in the you know what.
Don't complain, or I'll turn them into Dwarvish Lords in the next release :-P

Bah the same gold in Dwarvish Lords would have been less aggravating. The Thunderguards hit in flurries. Besides the high level Maatkaran units holding the south wall hit back at the Lords just fine. In the next scenario where are all these dwarves coming from? Does that madman have cloning chambers? Seriously 2200 gold in enemy reinforcements when the orcs show up. :doh:
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

regnak wrote: Bah the same gold in Dwarvish Lords would have been less aggravating. The Thunderguards hit in flurries. Besides the high level Maatkaran units holding the south wall hit back at the Lords just fine. In the next scenario where are all these dwarves coming from? Does that madman have cloning chambers? Seriously 2200 gold in enemy reinforcements when the orcs show up. :doh:
Did you see that one of the dwarvish sides actually join you at certain height? :whistle:

;-)
regnak

Post by regnak »

How long does it take for that to happen?
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

regnak wrote:How long does it take for that to happen?
If I'm not mistaken, when that side is attacked by the orcs that arrive later.

;-)
regnak

Post by regnak »

revansurik wrote:
regnak wrote:How long does it take for that to happen?
If I'm not mistaken, when that side is attacked by the orcs that arrive later.

Well not the orange dwarf then. If they take too long they will spend most of their units fighting me. I may start over and plan to assassinate the purple dwarf. With my luck the "ally" will serve dwarf Hitler until he has under 5 units left.

Editing to add: Ok I restarted and managed to assassinate purple and brown by Turn 7. Hopefully neither of them was the fence sitter but like I said if they wait too long they would be more help to dwarf Hitler than me anyway.
regnak

Post by regnak »

Argatry is dead now on to Light vs Light!
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

regnak wrote:Argatry is dead now on to Light vs Light!
Just a few more battles to go ;-)

;-)
regnak

Post by regnak »

Finished Light against Light. Silly rat warg said he wanted to kill Romlur. Maybe he would have had a chance if he wasn't so eager to attack me. Oh well he will make a nice rug. :lol: :lol:
alexcoolman

Post by alexcoolman »

Hello! I completed A Song Of Fire, it took me forever :D...

EDIT: I had a problem with the Heir of the Elements scenario. I restarted it and there were no problems. I am enjoy playing this campaign so far; good job :)