War of the Jewel: SP Campaign, 1.11+ (Feedback & Reviews)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

revansurik

Re: War of the Jewel: SP Campaign, 1.11+ (Feedback & Reviews

Post by revansurik »

regnak wrote:The Ghosts also fall like leaves to a good run of luck with fire breath and the Drakes always get that multiple times a battle. I finished it but it was painful. after looking at it I dread the next scenario.
Remember all the harsh battles that you have won already, Ancient Fire is not as threatening ^_^ Besides, the map in Ancient Fire has plenty of watery terrain which you may use for pitting water eleentals against drakes; even Tidals can deal a huge damage on drakes if Merwe's around with her Inspire ;-)
Author of the Dragon Trilogy.

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
regnak

Post by regnak »

I already hate it. The auto lose if a wandering drake bumps into Mahyus and protecting a pathetic ally. Aaaaargh!!! This board needs a head desk smiley.

Editing to add: With my help the Aeserians were down to the leader and 3 badly wounded troops by turn 8. Without help they would have been dead several turns ago.
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

regnak wrote:I already hate it. The auto lose if a wandering drake bumps into Mahyus and protecting a pathetic ally. Aaaaargh!!! This board needs a head desk smiley.

Editing to add: With my help the Aeserians were down to the leader and 3 badly wounded troops by turn 8. Without help they would have been dead several turns ago.
Exactly, that's why Akhen and his friends become heroes for Aeserians and Chomi :-P
Well, the Aeserians are supposed to be weak, they're a shepherd human nation after all - while the drakes are an ancient civilization which nearly conquered the world once. The Chomi should give the drakes some work, though, with their piercing attacks and high defense on swampy terrain.
As for Mahyus, just keep him away from villages and near the map's edge, the drakes won't go after him since he's invisible to them.

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
regnak

Post by regnak »

The Chomi were almost killed as well. They had about 5 units left at one point(most wounded including the leader) and that was with my air elementals crossing the river and diverting some attention. Another few drakes reaching the area and they would have died. Incidentally I used debug to kill any 2 drakes who found Mahyus. If I hadn't done that chances are high the Chomi would have died before I could have saved them. It would have been real nice for those boatmen to show up earlier.
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

regnak wrote:The Chomi were almost killed as well. They had about 5 units left at one point(most wounded including the leader) and that was with my air elementals crossing the river and diverting some attention. Another few drakes reaching the area and they would have died. Incidentally I used debug to kill any 2 drakes who found Mahyus. If I hadn't done that chances are high the Chomi would have died before I could have saved them. It would have been real nice for those boatmen to show up earlier.
Five units left is quite normal, I think; last time I played they had even less, but I had taken the fight to the enemy base, and taken the brunt of the assault, so they weren't in trouble - the Aeserians were, so I had to send some units for them.
Take the drakes as training for what awaits you in Arajunna; you'll find some tough opponents there :lol: Nothing involving swarms of enemies, it's just that the inhabitants of that continent are pretty strong ;-)

;-)
regnak

Post by regnak »

Well my vacation is over so only on turn 6 of the Windy Plains and
Spoiler:
regnak

Post by regnak »

Almost done with the Windy Plains and it may be my favorite scenario of this campaign.
Spoiler:
regnak

Post by regnak »

Re Path of Stones, very nice scenario, interesting map and I really like:
Spoiler:
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

regnak wrote:Re Path of Stones, very nice scenario, interesting map and I really like:
Spoiler:
:P

;-)
regnak

Post by regnak »

Re A glimpse of the Light. The plot developments were very interesting. it seems the Ancient Ones was well have been evil doing scum. What a surprise. well not really, they made the Sky Dragon after all for reason that made any sense.

Spoiler:

Editing to add: started the next scenario. How exactly am I supposed to get Nyx into the city? No matter which way I go and how close she sticks to Mahyus she still gets spotted.
regnak

Post by regnak »

Ok I had to recruit undead in the keep next to the emperor since I couldn't sneak Nyx in with me. It's extremely unfair to make the Princess un-hitable and have her where she can attack the player's forces.
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

regnak wrote:Ok I had to recruit undead in the keep next to the emperor since I couldn't sneak Nyx in with me. It's extremely unfair to make the Princess un-hitable and have her where she can attack the player's forces.
Weird, I managed to sneak Nyx into the city unseen... Sometimes I get the impression the game engine works differently for different people :-S
As for Sa-Tarva, well, I can't have her killed in that scenario, she was supposed to appear in the next ;-)
regnak wrote:Re A glimpse of the Light. The plot developments were very interesting. it seems the Ancient Ones was well have been evil doing scum. What a surprise. well not really, they made the Sky Dragon after all for reason that made any sense.
In Aria of the Dragon-Slayer more light will be shed on their past, but why do you think they were evil...?

;-)
regnak

Post by regnak »

revansurik wrote:
regnak wrote:Ok I had to recruit undead in the keep next to the emperor since I couldn't sneak Nyx in with me. It's extremely unfair to make the Princess un-hitable and have her where she can attack the player's forces.
Weird, I managed to sneak Nyx into the city unseen... Sometimes I get the impression the game engine works differently for different people :-S
As for Sa-Tarva, well, I can't have her killed in that scenario, she was supposed to appear in the next ;-)
regnak wrote:Re A glimpse of the Light. The plot developments were very interesting. it seems the Ancient Ones was well have been evil doing scum. What a surprise. well not really, they made the Sky Dragon after all for reason that made any sense.
In Aria of the Dragon-Slayer more light will be shed on their past, but why do you think they were evil...?

Well you could have either had her at an outlying keep or have her give the wounded message must escape once she was reduced to 0 hp like the Dragon did back in ASOF in the scenario whose name I forget.

I think they were evil because they had no good reason to make an almost all powerful Sky dragon and he went bad. Then they make the Abberations and they genocide the Celestials. They keep creating great evil so what does that make them? Moronically stupid at best evil at worst.
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

regnak wrote: I think they were evil because they had no good reason to make an almost all powerful Sky dragon and he went bad. Then they make the Abberations and they genocide the Celestials. They keep creating great evil so what does that make them? Moronically stupid at best evil at worst.
But the Sky Dragon was originally a good being; as explained in ASoF, he simply changed his world view after witnessing the violence of the world. As for the Aberrations and Nightmares, I can''t tell much about them without giving a few spoilers for Aria of the Dragon-Slayer; but after what you saw of the Celestials in ASoF, don't you think they kind of brought that upon themselves?Besides, remember that it were the Celestials who invaded the Caves of Light and tried to meddle in the tomb of the Ancient One with selfish intentions; the Aberrations are just protectors of the place ;-)

;-)
regnak

Post by regnak »

We puny human figured out the whole absolute power corrupts absolutely. The Ancient Ones didn't figure that out. That make them idiots at best. Then they left the monster they created unwatched.