Help with Revenge is mine

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

GranLannister

Help with Revenge is mine

Post by GranLannister »

From the campaign danse macabre
I ve survived the five waves of reinforments ,killed the silver mage but i cant rearch the archmage . I m stuck in my fotress and i cant pass from the line in my pictures.The fire mages are burning my army

Here s the rest of my army :i have tried to break the line from above ,but they are quickly destoyed

He is spawming forever and ever waves of level 2

sorry 4 my english ,not my first languague

Any tips? Should I restart ?
Great_Mage_Atari

Re: Help with Revenge is mine

Post by Great_Mage_Atari »

Well it's the 62nd turn, and it seems like you don't have very many units. You should restart.

Though it may sound simple, I suggest flooding. Get a good mix of skeletons and archers, a few ghouls here and there, and LOTS of ghosts. Ghosts can absorb a lot of damage and have great defenses, so they're not the easiest to hit. And don't upgrade to shadows, only ghosts with drain. This lets you get attacked and still drain health on melee. Once you build up a strong force, just keep putting what you have into that section. Send one or two stronger ghosts up and around to flank from the left or right. Don't stay in the walled area if you break through the line. Try and punch through, and don't worry about losing a couple of guys here and there. Just make sure you level up some units and keep the enemy at bay. You should be able to break the line if you're aggressive.
TheCripple

Post by TheCripple »

Great_Mage_Atari wrote:Well it's the 62nd turn, and it seems like you don't have very many units. You should restart.

Though it may sound simple, I suggest flooding. Get a good mix of skeletons and archers, a few ghouls here and there, and LOTS of ghosts. Ghosts can absorb a lot of damage and have great defenses, so they're not the easiest to hit. And don't upgrade to shadows, only ghosts with drain. This lets you get attacked and still drain health on melee.
This seems questionable - ghosts ability to absorb damage and their great defenses collapse like a house of cards on first exposure to a mage, and mages are precisely the problem here.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

no idea if this is of any help now, but ill tell you how i beat this scenario

i had some soulless and running corpses which i recalled and i send all of them to wipe out every enemy on their way to the archmage and i also sent all my "special" undead with them

to be save from the reinforcements i also recalled some ghosts/skeletons and left them together with Danse Macabre at my base to wipe out any wave of incoming enemies

when you almost only use corpses to beat the enemies, you get a lot of walking corpses you can use as cannonfodder