"The fellowship of the Clay" Humans gaining ground story

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Wayirr

Re: "The fellowship of the Clay" Humans gaining ground stor

Post by Wayirr »

I somehow have no unit named Lorelei so I can't finish the mission.

Seem like I don't have her because I did not play blackwater port mission as supposed, I killed the leader of nagas when she came out on the shore with Clyde, without taking command on the city.

Also, early finish bonus is inconsistent, for example there's no bonus in first mission so you get more money if you wait till end of turns before ending mission.

Also, calling strange a pedophile sound strange. Give he's a lich, His objective is probably related to some evil magic.
Attachments
TFotC-Army_of_Darkness-Auto-Save1.gz
(118.14 KiB) Downloaded 427 times
Reval

Post by Reval »

Wayirr wrote:I somehow have no unit named Lorelei so I can't finish the mission.
Seem like I don't have her because I did not play blackwater port mission as supposed, I killed the leader of nagas when she came out on the shore with Clyde, without taking command on the city.
Unfortunately, you are very right: Lorelei joins your party the moment you claim the keep in scenario two. We never considered the possibility to end the scenario without doing so. I attached a savegame for army of darkness as the next scenario would be strange too without her.
Also, calling strange a pedophile sound strange. Give he's a lich, His objective is probably related to some evil magic.
Exactly to which dialogue are you referring to? For sure his plan has something to do with evil magic and any other claim of one of the characters is probably just an insult to trivialize the motives of the very powerful enemy.
Attachments
DGdL-Armee_der_Finsternis.gz
(42.77 KiB) Downloaded 423 times
The Wesnoth Unit Quiz by Flametrooper:
You Scored as Arch Mage - Arrg, just Arch?!?

The Fellowship of the Clay
Wayirr

Post by Wayirr »

Scenario 7, Bad News, the initial dialogue:

"Well, whatever foul game you are playing here, Stranger, I am certainly not handing any children over to you. The opposite is the case: I will have you arrested for being a beguiler and a pedophile! Clyde, arrest this man!"

Also I think it should be mentioned that scenario 7 is all going in night, as it affects planning, for example I was waiting for day to attack not knowing there will be no day.

See replay. That's possible.
Attachments
TFotC-Magic_invitation_replay.gz
(21.52 KiB) Downloaded 384 times
Reval

Post by Reval »

Haldric II. siad that in a situation where some stranger was just claiming that he wants some kids handed over. I guess that would provoke the accusation in question in many possible contexts.

santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

The showdown scenario with the darkes, saurians and the necromancer needs some further clarifications IMHO: I got Legomir to the torture tower, engaged the necromancer initially with Clyde, then with the rest of the army. If I kill the necromancer, I lose. If I don;t, then the 26 turn limit expires and I lose. If I bring Legomir to shoot him, I still lose. So unless I miss something the winning condition must be spelled out a bit more clearly
Reval

Post by Reval »

santi wrote:The showdown scenario with the darkes, saurians and the necromancer needs some further clarifications IMHO: I got Legomir to the torture tower, engaged the necromancer initially with Clyde, then with the rest of the army. If I kill the necromancer, I lose. If I don;t, then the 26 turn limit expires and I lose. If I bring Legomir to shoot him, I still lose. So unless I miss something the winning condition must be spelled out a bit more clearly
See post on page 15 http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 55#p568155

I won't exlude the possibility of a bug. But at least this very point that Clyde and his friends should not kill the stranger as this would lead to the destruction of the city is mentioned several prominent times. I remember that we had some difficulties with updating the objectives mid-scenario. I will have a look if the last objective update includes the mentioning of the correct weapon.

santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

I must have missed the condition where Feyndwarf gives something to Legomir. What scenario is that? Also, Legomir stays in the torture chamber, right? Plus, what condition makes the necromancer go there? As far as i can tell, after the initial duel with clyde, he moves a bit north and stays there; I can make minceghost out of his self-replenishing protectors, but he shows no signs of wanting to flee to Legomir.
Reval

Post by Reval »

santi wrote:I must have missed the condition where Feyndwarf gives something to Legomir.
Indeed, you haven't missed it if the stranger didn't fly to the west yet. Legomir gets the new attack right before you get the stranger to withdraw from the north to the torture tower.
santi wrote:Also, Legomir stays in the torture chamber, right?
exactly, on his spot
santi wrote:Plus, what condition makes the necromancer go there? As far as i can tell, after the initial duel with clyde, he moves a bit north and stays there; I can make minceghost out of his self-replenishing protectors, but he shows no signs of wanting to flee to Legomir.
so far so good - you are right that this is the crucial question.
Spoiler:

santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

Ah, but when you kill the last minion, 2 more appear from the 'villages' next to the stranger. Unless there is a limit to this and the stranger runs out of minions, which probably takes more than 5 turns or so. If so, one should ignore the saurians and focus on getting everybody to the stranger ASAP
Reval

Post by Reval »

santi wrote:Ah, but when you kill the last minion, 2 more appear from the 'villages' next to the stranger.
Yes, but
Spoiler:
All this is so dependent from each other because, as I stated elsewhere, the whole idea of this campaign was to build up to a situation where you have to combine all the unique abilities of the characters to be able to reach the goal.
santi wrote:Unless there is a limit to this and the stranger runs out of minions, which probably takes more than 5 turns or so.
Spoiler:
santi wrote:If so, one should ignore the saurians and focus on getting everybody to the stranger ASAP
Spoiler:
Attached you find a save were you can either kill the last minion with Feyndwarf before or after Legomir is in position to check it out.
Attachments
DGdL-Die_drei_Türme_vom_..._Runde_13.gz
(224.64 KiB) Downloaded 371 times

santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

Sure, Richard captured a village in the torture tower, then used it to bring Legomir and co(not Feyndwarf though) killed the undead general and waited there. But where? In a village in the tower or the place the undead general was?
Reval

Post by Reval »

santi wrote:But where?
There!

Isn't the marker shown in your game?
Attachments
LegomirsSpot.JPG
LegomirsSpot.JPG (21.47 KiB) Viewed 8038 times

minemax

Post by minemax »

Reval wrote:
salsaman wrote:I got as far as the part where you have to blow up the dam, but I can' t figure out how to blow it up. I have tried sending each of my units there but nothing happens.
You have to send Lorelei - did you try her? As she can barely move on the ground, you probably have to teleport her using Harriett but this shouldn't be a problem if you have other units down there.
The conversation as well as the mission objectives indicate her as the right unit.

Also: You have to have done the lava-redirection first.

I won't completly exclude that there is some bug so please let us know if you figured it out.
The same situation. The lava is redirected but Lorelei just stays on her spot besides the damn, but nothing happens. She even tells, that's she's capable to blow it up and everybody should stay away, but than nothing happens. Until the turns (a lot of them) run out.
enzinhox

Post by enzinhox »

Reval, how do I teleport legomir to the correct position, I still cant understand the teleportation of harriet.
Reval

Post by Reval »

enzinhox wrote:Reval, how do I teleport legomir to the correct position, I still cant understand the teleportation of harriet.
As with every other unit: move Legomir next to Harriett. She needs to have full move points (actually, there is a bug when the Harriett in your game got the random trait "fast": Then she has one move point to much and you need to move her one hex). While Legomir is next to her, right click him, choose "teleport this unit". Then right click on a village owned by you and choose "teleport unit here".
This of course means that you need to take a village near the correct position, preferably with Richard.
Hope that helps.