War of the Jewel: SP Campaign, 1.11+ (Feedback & Reviews)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

revansurik

Re: War of the Jewel: SP Campaign, 1.11+ (Feedback & Reviews

Post by revansurik »

Just a quick message: Part V's release will probably only happen around February; I'm travelling on vacancies, and so I won't have much time to do the coding and design the maps. I am, however, writing the story, so when I am back home I'll be done with Part V in little time ;-)
Author of the Dragon Trilogy.

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Well, I'm not quite sure whether people are actually interested in this campaign (it's been 3 months since I first published it, and I had so little feedback :( ) but i don't like leaving a story unfinished, and so I'm continuing it anyway.
For now, I've completed most of Part II, from scenarios 14 to 25. From one of these scenarios onwards, the 3 new factions (Chomi, Washraha and Deshra) will be used; if they're too unbalanced, please warn me (and yes, the Deshra are supposed to be that strong, they're giants after all ;-) ). There are still a few scenarios to be done for Part II, which will comprise a short Argea arc, I hope I manage to do them before March :-)

Changelog for version 0.1.2:

Code: Select all

- Scenarios:
  - Scenarios 14 - Frozen Earth to 25 - Blazing Hatred completed.

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
Duncan_Shriek

Post by Duncan_Shriek »

revansurik wrote:Well, I'm not quite sure whether people are actually interested in this campaign (it's been 3 months since I first published it, and I had so little feedback
Well, I can tell you that I've got addicted to your custom AMLAs for the heros ;-)

I played it in hard difficulty up to "Waters of Light". There Lich Lord Maurias got 8000 gold instead of 800, which made that scenario unbeatable.

Two nuisances I encountered up to that point:
1) Hero Atenak Aracyne run up into a not advanceable state (displayed as "123/-" with some XP number in the unit list) after his custom AMLAs were exhausted.
2) I had to grant myself 2 or 3 extra turns via debug command for the long journey over ice in "Crimson Ice"
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Well, I can tell you that I've got addicted to your custom AMLAs for the heros ;-)
You'll like the new heroine that will appear in scenario 17 then... ;-)
I played it in hard difficulty up to "Waters of Light". There Lich Lord Maurias got 8000 gold instead of 800, which made that scenario unbeatable.
Oh damn... :doh:
Two nuisances I encountered up to that point:
1) Hero Atenak Aracyne run up into a not advanceable state (displayed as "123/-" with some XP number in the unit list) after his custom AMLAs were exhausted.
2) I had to grant myself 2 or 3 extra turns via debug command for the long journey over ice in "Crimson Ice"
I noticed that problem with Atenak, but I decided to deal with it another time and end up forgetting about it. I'll see what could be causing it; Nyx will probably have the same problem, then, since her AMLA works just like Atenak's...
As for Crimson Ice... I think I should add some flat terrain around that map; I think I got a little bit carried away when drawing that map, I rarely get to use snowy terrain :-P

;-)
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

And so I've managed to finish Part V: Across the Sea's 3 last scenarios sooner than I'd expected :-P
I've done changes to some problems mentioned above, but the issue of Atenak and Nyx not having default amla after their special amla ends is still to be resolved.
Changelog for version 1.0.3:

- Units:
  - Reduced the HP increase for Akhen, Merwe, Mahyus and Branwyn as they advance
  - Chomi Holy Father no longer advances to Babalawo

- Scenarios:
  - Scenarios 26, 27 and 28 done.
  - Slight changes to the map of Crimson Ice - Part I

- Writing
  - Slight changes to some intro texts

;-)
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Part VI has been released!

Akhen Wadjet and his friends have finally returned to Netjer-Ta with the promised army, but theirs is not a warm welcoming, as they're immediately pitted against their most dreaded opponents...

Changelog for version 0.1.4:

- Units:
  - Sadjet may now recruit fire elementals
  - Sigdral's Tiwaz rune is now attack only
  - Corrected missing profile picture for Imey'er and A'aneb

- Scenarios:
  - Scenarios 29 to 38 + Epilogue done
  - Slight changes to the maps of Children of Darkness and Dark Eclipse

;-)
sreesreearul

Post by sreesreearul »

I was not able to do any training in first scenario. Nothing happened evn aftr going into arena. Duel happened in the respective arena though. I tried recruting from different location but couldn't. It's going fine so far till first desert scenario. It seems like the army is weak, Human recruits are pretty frail on their own. I made of use Als to win first couple of scenarios, building a strong army of veteran elementals will take some time, hopes there is no strong foe to face b4 that.
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

The training arena was the first to the left as you went through the northwestern corridor, when you place Akhen in the dwarvish-like keep the training orb should appear; as for the actual duel with Mahyus, Akhen recruits from the hex he's standing when the duel starts. As for the units... Well, Sefets have high resistance against all physical attacks (for a lvl 1 unit), and Sentinels have steadfast, they shouldn't be so frail... :hmm:

;-)
sreesreearul

Post by sreesreearul »

Didn't use humans much, they were quite good whenever i did :) . Fighting lord vitras now. There are few issues.
1) Even if the life consuming atack kills the atacker nothing happens, I did fight without merwe for a turn (replayed it later though). Same happened with marhynus (?).
Spoiler:
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

1) Even if the life consuming atack kills the atacker nothing happens, I did fight without merwe for a turn (replayed it later though). Same happened with marhynus (?).
I know that, it's a mistake I still have to correct... :hmm:
Spoiler:
I expected the player to have advanced Mahyus to the point of having the Khemet ability (which gives him the Nightstalker special), but maybe I should not make his sighting a defeat condition, if not everyone has got Khemet. If the drakes are coming for Mahyus, just fight normally, or he'll get killed. As for Akhen's AMLAs, Sedjet Netjer (or Geb Neshny if you followed the aquamarine path) should be one of the last to be obtained; by now your Akhen doesn't has the Holy Ankh attack, but if he still can get the 'Improve Lucent Powers' AMLA, do it, for it will enable the special ability Akhenaten ;-)

;-)
sreesreearul

Post by sreesreearul »

I think story requires spotting marhynus a defeat criteria. May be you can ask player to prefer khemet over second umbra spell. I delayed his advancement as i was reluctant to learn first umbra spell. I thot it'll hand unnecessary advantage to opponents (undead). As for Akhen his advancement is complete (i gave importance to him) i have both ability you mentioned.
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

I think story requires spotting marhynus a defeat criteria. May be you can ask player to prefer khemet over second umbra spell. I delayed his advancement as i was reluctant to learn first umbra spell. I thot it'll hand unnecessary advantage to opponents (undead). As for Akhen his advancement is complete (i gave importance to him) i have both ability you mentioned.
Maybe I'll make it so that Mahyus must have Khemet in order to get the Supreme Umbra Spells; I was actually thinking that he learns the first Supreme Umbra too easily, storywise that's not something anyone can learn... :hmm:

;-)
sreesreearul

Post by sreesreearul »

Done playing, nice campaign. So when is the last part coming?. Waiting for it. For sure it'll be the best in 3.
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Done playing, nice campaign. So when is the last part coming?. Waiting for it. For sure it'll be the best in 3.
I'm glad you liked it! :-D I'm writing (dialogues and paragraphs, not the coding) scenario 8 already, out of probably 38, but, like ASoF and WotJ, I'll publish it in parts, so the first 18 scenarios or so should be done around the end of April. I can't guarantee it though, for I'm really busy with university, work and Japanese course now, but I'll dedicate most free time I have to making part 3, I'm really excited about it. I'll make it less dense and more dynamic than WotJ (which, I admit, had some huge walls of text) and more complex and varied than ASoF (which, due to being my first campaign ever, might be a bit simplistic and too linear). I'll work hard to make the Dragon Trilogy end with a grand finale ;-)

;-)
Rhylla

Post by Rhylla »

I really enjoyed this campaign... can't wait for the last part of the trilogy to come out! :)