Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Dindoz

Centralized resources pack

Post by Dindoz »

Hi,

In advance thank you for reading and sorry for my poor english. I do my best, I promise ! :eng:

I was looking for the linux's rpg maker when I found TBoW. TBoW is awesome so I decided focus.

On rpg maker they are a lot of resources pack which are easy to find and well done.
Having few pack of resources (3/4 are only music) was probably a major unmotivation for beginer. Everyone is able to code WML relatively quickly, a transgenic monkey can do it !
But is not the same story for Drawing and Music... :hmm:

As I'm doing this on a 13 "wide is not very practical to constantly juggle between each campaign kit especially since I code with Kwrite under gnome (for syntax highlighting) I have plenty of open window.
So there is a resources's compilation of campaigns's image.

There is the first version http://ubuntuone.com/0322dmg4L1fhF1MGv2fsGG

I post this early because I want to know if its could be usefull (maybe TBoW v12 will made it usless) and also to know if its look like a possibly good idea or not.
If this is not the case I will be less meticulous about the final appearance (for exemple : rename or note each file).
Computer : Clevo w310cz Os : Ubuntu 13.10 TBoW : 11.11.11
Sorry for my poor english I do my best.
Blarumyrran
Art Contributor

Re: Centralized resources pack

Post by Blarumyrran »

I was looking for the linux's rpg maker when I found TBoW. TBoW is awesome so I decided focus.
Hello

it's Battle for Wesnoth, not Battle of Wesnoth. This is because, every battle you fight in the game, you fight for Wesnoth, the god of blood.
iceiceice

Post by iceiceice »

Wesnoth vs Armok, the ultimate grudge match? :roll:
Moderator Emeritus

Post by 8680 »

Blarumyrran wrote:it's Battle for Wesnoth, not Battle of Wesnoth. This is because, every battle you fight in the game, you fight for Wesnoth, the god of blood.
While you are correct that the name of the game is The Battle for Wesnoth, as may be seen at the top of this page, you are incorrect in re the nature of Wesnoth — it not a god, of blood or of anything else; but is rather a kingdom, the main kingdom on the continent known to Wesnothians as the Great Continent.

If you already knew that, as I expect you did, then that is trolling. Stop doing that.