Wesnoth 1.11.8

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: Wesnoth 1.11.8

Post by Konrad2 »

anthonymichael wrote: one thing I noticed; the tutorial hasn't been updated to reflect the new UI; it says things like 'left click to move here' - the tutorial text will need to dynamically adapt in all translations to reflect the new UI controls
you are evil guys :(
i already reported that ;(
Ghite

Post by Ghite »

Lord-Knightmare wrote:I dislike the new mini-map. The variety of colours do not give players any chance of differentiating the terrains, but rather confuses them. Well, at least, that is what I can deduce at a glance. As for the rest, right on! 8)
There is an option. Go into a game or the map editor and press the rightmost vbutton under the minimap.
Ghite

Post by Ghite »

The "side" option in the map editor that was added in an earlier 1.11 is greyed out. Is it not working, do I need to do something else first, or am I just hallucinating?
lipk

Post by lipk »

File -> New Scenario, and voila! (The editor differentiates between plain maps and scenarios, and most of the fancy new tools are only available for the latter).
Enginuity

Post by Enginuity »

Is it no longer possible to view enemy movement range easily? Previously, highlighting them (or selecting) would show their movement range shaded properly. Unless I'm just being silly...
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Enginuity wrote:Is it no longer possible to view enemy movement range easily? Previously, highlighting them (or selecting) would show their movement range shaded properly. Unless I'm just being silly...
This is a known issue which will be fixed in the next release.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Great_Mage_Atari

Post by Great_Mage_Atari »

While playing I noticed that side colors include villages and troops in the same color. This is not only pretty annoying, but it also makes me look at every dot in case it may be an enemy troop. Would it be possible to only make troops colored on screen, or to at least separate the colors for villages and troops?
WESNOTH.png
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

click on the village symbol benaeth the map
Great_Mage_Atari

Also, when clicking on enemies, their move range doesn't appear anymore.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Great_Mage_Atari wrote:Also, when clicking on enemies, their move range doesn't appear anymore.
This is the same as this:
Enginuity wrote:Is it no longer possible to view enemy movement range easily? Previously, highlighting them (or selecting) would show their movement range shaded properly. Unless I'm just being silly...
That was addressed as:
shadowm wrote: This is a known issue which will be fixed in the next release.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Great_Mage_Atari

Turuk wrote:
Great_Mage_Atari wrote:Also, when clicking on enemies, their move range doesn't appear anymore.
This is the same as this:
That was addressed as:
shadowm wrote: This is a known issue which will be fixed in the next release.
Ok. Sorry. Didn't see that post.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Great_Mage_Atari wrote: Ok. Sorry. Didn't see that post.
No worries, I was just pulling it all together for you.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
fabi
Inactive Developer

Post by fabi »

Okay, there is a lot of feedback in here regarding changes made by me. Please give me some time to catch up and answer every one of them in detail very soon :-)
fabi
Inactive Developer

Post by fabi »

Great_Mage_Atari wrote:While playing I noticed that side colors include villages and troops in the same color. This is not only pretty annoying, but it also makes me look at every dot in case it may be an enemy troop. Would it be possible to only make troops colored on screen, or to at least separate the colors for villages and troops?
Hello Great Mage Atari,

I already had found some code to draw circles in the minimap.
We (a subset of the developers on irc) agreed that circles for units and squares for the villages is a good solution.

Sadly I wasn't sure about the license the code was released under and thus I did not commit it before 1.11.8.
Most likely 1.11.9 will feature this solution.
xhh2a

Post by xhh2a »

I have to say the new control scheme may be be annoying for laptop (Windows/Linux) players in additional to Mac users. It would require me actively clicking down on a part of my touchpad to get right click, and constantly clicking would be annoying. Furthermore, the right click area is shared with the rest of the touchpad (not split buttons) due to (imho) poor design, so it is on occasion possible for it to be misread as a tap/left click. Currently, the only thing I need to do is tap with my touchpad (tap = left click), and tap on another unit/tap it again to deselect. I think it would be better to stick with the old control scheme as default for laptop users as well, and I really don't understand how the new scheme as a default makes things simpler. If someone makes a mistake in singleplayer, they can just press u, it's rare for me personally to make a mistake attacking someone, since there's the combat box that pops up. As for accidentally moving in multiplayer, that's what movement range visual is for.