Terrain Elevation

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
princesanjaya

Terrain Elevation

Post by princesanjaya »

I've been trying to crate scenarios which involves a siege on a castle which sits atop a spiraling hill of sorts, but sadly their isn't any way to raise terrain at all. I was wondering if their is any plans on developing such a feature in the game?
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: Terrain Elevation

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

There are cliff terrains available in UMC(s). Maybe you might try checking some out.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Blarumyrran
Art Contributor

Post by Blarumyrran »

the gradient of (swamp -> flat terrains -> hills -> mountains -> impassable mountains) is the poor man's height gradient!
Moderator Emeritus

Post by 8680 »

Moving this from Art Contributions to Art Workshop, seeing as it’s for UMC, not mainline.
Lord-Knightmare wrote:There are cliff terrains available in UMC(s). Maybe you might try checking some out.
Specifically, see “mesilliac's terrain graphics thread” and “Cliff from Mesilliac”.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

It's not the same as the mentioned cliffs terrain, but I asked for something that is possibly relevant to your request: http://forum.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=39173
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
princesanjaya

Post by princesanjaya »

See what im looking for specifically is for creating detailed maps of small zones in a large map, to do that I cant use the mountain graphic because it simply does not look nice nor does it invoke a sense of elevation in the game.