A plea to anyone who can manipulate the campaign server...

Discussion among members of the development team.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

aelius

A plea to anyone who can manipulate the campaign server...

Post by aelius »

I've got a medium size update to the South Guard that adds two scenarios and cleans up all the pre-existing ones, but I can't upload it because...

I'm a doofus. I threw away the .pbl file with the password.

Can anyone either tell me what the password is or simply delete the South Guard campaign up there right now?

Many thanks.

- b.
Mkgego

Post by Mkgego »

aelius Dave has all passwords! You only need to ask him and create a new .pbl file , thats all ^^ !!!

In the .pbl file write this and thats all^^

author="XXX"
icon="XXX.png"
passphrase="XXXX" -----> ask Dave for it
version="XXX"

And so you dont need to ask someone to delete the campaign...
WoW C-Mode activated...
For the horde :D
aelius

Post by aelius »

I've PM'ed Dave and haven't heard back from him, so I thought I'd try asking everybody else. If I get desparate enough, I may just put another version of the campaign up under a different name... (But I don't want to spam the server.)

- b.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

I asked dave a similar question, and he said only miyo has access to the campaign server. Also said he wasn't going to bother miyo since we're supposed to be migrating away from using his resources anyway.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Mkgego

Post by Mkgego »

turin wrote:I asked dave a similar question, and he said only miyo has access to the campaign server. Also said he wasn't going to bother miyo since we're supposed to be migrating away from using his resources anyway.

He actually told me that too :D but I insisted and reached my goals :D ... One mail per 2 days asking always the same sucks anyone ^^
WoW C-Mode activated...
For the horde :D
scott

Post by scott »

This is just silly. The only guy who has access to the campaign server also quit working on the game, so no one can access the campaign server.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Does anyone have any webspace to put the server on?... we really should get the server so people can access it to fix problems. :)
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
miyo

Post by miyo »

Turin, campaignd is not about web-space as it does not use HTML as transfer protocol... campaignd is about running daemon on your "server" with bandwidth for the job.

Scott, I did not leave without warning... there was grace and after I announced that I am quiting only Isaac asked me to help him with next release. I have the access to "server" running campaignd because it is running on my machine.

I have not said that I can not be bothered (after all both wesnothd and campaignd are still running on my "server"), just that I will not participate development anymore and that I will be less active/motivated to fix problems like this.

aelius, is it ok if I remove the campaign so you can re-upload? Should I remove it as soon as possible or should we coordinate the efforts so time for campaign being "lost" from campaign-server is minimized.

- Miyo
miyo

Post by miyo »

Mkgego wrote:And so you dont need to ask someone to delete the campaign...
I rather delete campaign so it can be uploaded instead of giving people passwords. It is not so easy to track that you are giving the password to right person.

- Miyo
aelius

Post by aelius »

Nuke it. Thanks miyo!

- b.
miyo

Post by miyo »

aelius wrote:Nuke it. Thanks miyo!
It has been done.

- Miyo
aelius

Post by aelius »

I just swung by to update South Guard, and it looks like it's still there... Any ideas? I'm connecting to campaigns.wesnoth.org I think.

- b.
miyo

Post by miyo »

Nulled all South Guard version from campaignd and restarted the service. Feel free to upload again. (Looks to me that campaignd does not really forget the campaigns before it is restarted).

- Miyo
aelius

Post by aelius »

Thanks!

0.3.2 is up with some minor bug fixes.

- b.