ChaosRider arts!!!

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
ChaosRider

ChaosRider arts!!!

Post by ChaosRider »

Hi, i like this faction cause most of them have created nice animation. Sneak and Lurker didnt had it, and also max lvl of this unit was only 1, so thats sucks a bit, thats why i made also animation for 2 lvl of this unit.
sneak-lurker-cutter-ritualcutter.gif
sneak-lurker-cutter-ritualcutter.gif (17.39 KiB) Viewed 9999 times
sneak-lurker-cutter-ritualcutter.rar
(47.27 KiB) Downloaded 471 times
Stats of this 2 lvl you can check in unit code:
Spoiler:
Btw, if you wish to use him in other era pls dont forget to change his id, without this "Mwc_" in unit id :D.

"Cutter" its a translated unit name from Polish "Podrzynacz".
Last edited by ChaosRider on October 30th, 2013, 12:14 am, edited 7 times in total.
Creator of WOTG (+2880 units), MWC (+615 units), SurvivorsArea, RandomColosseum, RC WOTG, RC MWC, ColosseumRandomClonesBattle, BetweenDarknessAndLight, StealingWeapons, MoreUnitsForms, MoreDamageTypes, CanBeOnlyOne, ColosseumOneWinner, BonusSpam, CriticalStrike - available at 1.12 Wesnoth server.
ChaosRider

Re: Sneak-Lurker-Cuter attack animation (devlings)

Post by ChaosRider »

I did a complete animation for Devlings Sneak, Lurker, Cutter (attack melee/ attack ranged/ defense animation) but i see no one cares, well... I guess its not worth any comment. Code for this animation you will find in 2 lvl unit cfg code.
Last edited by ChaosRider on October 2nd, 2013, 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Creator of WOTG (+2880 units), MWC (+615 units), SurvivorsArea, RandomColosseum, RC WOTG, RC MWC, ColosseumRandomClonesBattle, BetweenDarknessAndLight, StealingWeapons, MoreUnitsForms, MoreDamageTypes, CanBeOnlyOne, ColosseumOneWinner, BonusSpam, CriticalStrike - available at 1.12 Wesnoth server.
axefighterr

Post by axefighterr »

ChaosRider, this unit should be a "Cutter" rather than a "Cuter" :mrgreen: Or maybe you named it that because it's so cute :lol2:
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Just because no one has a need for it right now does not exclude someone else coming along in the future and wanting to use it. You should continue to make the things you want for yourself, and if other people happen to like it too, they will use it.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
ChaosRider

Re: Sneak-Lurker-Cuter-Ritual Cutter animation (devlings)

Post by ChaosRider »

I made also animation for third lvl of this unit, "Ritual Cutter" (Rytualny Podrzynacz), animation and images you can see in first post in this topic, below is unit code.
Spoiler:
ChaosRider

Re: Devlings extra animation

Post by ChaosRider »

Next animation for 2 lvl devling warrior and 3 lvl devling hero.
warrior-hero.rar
(29.76 KiB) Downloaded 554 times
And now also is added 4 lvl, Devling Grand Hero (unit code):
Spoiler:
grand hero.rar
(17.41 KiB) Downloaded 428 times
warrior-hero-grandhero.gif
warrior-hero-grandhero.gif (12.02 KiB) Viewed 9863 times
Devling Grand Chief unit code:
Spoiler:
grand chief.gif
grand chief.gif (10.98 KiB) Viewed 9840 times
grand chief.rar
(30.72 KiB) Downloaded 388 times
swangdoodles

Re: Devlings extra animation

Post by swangdoodles »

Hi ChaosRider. Thanx for these new Devlings. I like the Devlings to, and these higher levels make them more fun. The Grand Hero is very nice, seeing him crush things with those bones...

Ciao,
Swangdoodles
ChaosRider

Re: ChaosRider arts!!!

Post by ChaosRider »

Good that there is someone who appreciates my efforts.
Last edited by ChaosRider on February 2nd, 2015, 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

You have some nice work there Chaos! I recommend you start adding some value to take it to the next level- a simple brush in multiply mode with low opacity is a nice technique. Or just pencil ;) 22, 95, 96,136,139, 149, this is as far as I've got so far, but these are really solid :) You have a nice grip on armor in 3D space I feel. If you want more high level crits let me know :eng:

Check out http://www.davidrevoy.com/article172/ch ... n-tutorial if you want to get into coloring these (which I think you should). Keep drawing!

edit I also like 165 184 196 219 221 231 248 251 256 262 269...

edit: uh oh, did I kill this thread with unsolicited advice? If not here is more :lol2: http://www.davidrevoy.com/article129/pe ... l-painting
axefighterr

Post by axefighterr »

Nice piece of art, especially sketches ;) Units IMO are slightly to plain (they need more shadows). One question: do you sent/show that images to the Devlings creator?

PS: Why you abandonned polish Wesnoth website?
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

Next avaible advance way for overgrown devling is Cannibal Devling which can lvlup to Mutated Devling. Below you will find units code and arts for them:

Cannibal Devling:
Spoiler:
Mutated Devling:
Spoiler:

Below also are uploaded gifs with art and packed in rar file:
cannibal-mutated.rar
(25.72 KiB) Downloaded 381 times
cannibal-mutated.gif
cannibal-mutated.gif (9.48 KiB) Viewed 9479 times
Btw, on gif you wont see shade of unit (but its in rar file), i already once written about it, sometimes for gimp 50% covering of layer is visible, sometimes not :].
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

Snow elementals :P...

Rolling Snow:
Spoiler:
Animated Snow:
Spoiler:
Snow Golem:
Spoiler:
Snow Titan:
Spoiler:
rolling snow-animated snow-golem snow-snow titan.gif
rolling snow-animated snow-golem snow-snow titan.gif (17.09 KiB) Viewed 9352 times
rolling snow-animated snow-golem snow-snow titan.rar
(33.49 KiB) Downloaded 418 times
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

they lack a bit of contrast :hmm:
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
em3

Post by em3 »

Try using pale blue instead of gray for shading snow.
ride on shooting star
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

I wil try later with snow elementals... now you can see here Young Cyclop, it will be 1 lvl for cyclop advance way, and this cyclop which you can find in era of magic in MWC will be on 2 lvl (as for me its wierd that huge cyclop is on same lvl as spearman). I just started my work on next faction (9th) to Modified World Conquest, still i have to make some animations and new 0 lvls, i guess cyclop also will have some 0 lvl.
young cyclop.rar
(21.08 KiB) Downloaded 374 times
young cyclop.gif
young cyclop.gif (11.34 KiB) Viewed 9042 times
On gif you wont see shadow of this unit, i dont know why, but pics from which was created gif got it.

Edit:

And now also Baby Cyclop (0 lvl):
baby cyclops.rar
(5.7 KiB) Downloaded 383 times
baby cyclop.gif
baby cyclop.gif (2.43 KiB) Viewed 8985 times