The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry Feedback

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

blackjack

Re: The Attack Of The Western Cavalry Feedback

Post by blackjack »

It seems like Talar's plague weapon special is not working...
A witty saying proves nothing.
-Voltaire
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

The feeding ability of necrophages seems not to be working either.
A witty saying proves nothing.
-Voltaire
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Hi, and sorry for being late

Seems like I will not be having any additional free time to finish what I have begun, so I think the next day I will just upload it's beta version. In the .pbl file the translate is now set to 'true', I hope that is enough for the translators to get the .po files.
Also some mistakes are now corrected, and corrected many mistakes in my english (there have been, and are still some really ugly ones :oops: )

The 2.0 update has to be delayed to early/middle April.

Blackjack, I will take a look at those, but I don'T think there's much I can do since I didn't do anything to those units.....if I remember correctly, might be that i'm wrong. I'll check.

Thanks for the patience in advance,
Best wishes,
WhiteWolf
Main UMC campaigns: The Ravagers - now for 1.16, with new bugs!
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Hi everyone,

Hope you are still alive :D The 1.1.1beta is up, and in theory it is translatable.
Also fixed some bugs, for details read the description.

Blackjack, the plague and feeding isn't working because of the corpse effect. Fortunately I could fix the plague, but the feeding cannot be fixed, maybe in wesnoth 1.11, in 1.10 I fear it's impossible, you have to live without it.

If anyone knows anything about the translation progress, or if you spot bugs, please contact, I am back to work.

WhiteWolf
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
Elendil

Post by Elendil »

Well, for your campaign to be translated, you need to upload the po file, so we can get it there.

Unless I'm missing something, and there is a way to get the .po file?

Also, the presentation image (cf. screenshot attached) doesn't really fit, so we have to scroll to be able to read the whole text. Any way you can fix that?

Edit:
It looks like there is a typo in the prologue:
But later it seems that the Lance had a COURSE on it.
Wouldn't it be "curse"?
Attachments
Can't see the description in a whole
Can't see the description in a whole
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Hi all

Looked it up today: https://github.com/wescamp/The_Attack_O ... valry-1.10
I think this means the .po file is available, isn't it? :)

Sorry for abandoning everyone, with the end of the school years, and also having some personal problems, I have no time for Wesnoth for now. Maybe in summer.

I unfortunately don't know how to fix that image, I spotted that earlier, but I haven't the faintest idea :/
Yes, it should be curse, with the next update, it will be curse. thx ;)

WhiteWolf
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Hi everyone :)

Version 1.1.2beta is ready for a fight.
Finished the new scenario, and the badly critisised storyline received a full new story and ending.

Basic changes:
Current: 1.1.2beta
- Finished the unclosed brach more or less (therefore the game remains in beta station)
- New scenario: map18b, The Final Option
- Fixed main prologue image (now fits the window)
- Improved first intro descriptions
- Rebalancing in progress
- Fixing minor bugs

1.1.3beta is coming up soon!

By the way, I have to express my greatest gratitudes to all of you. :) Yesterday I looked at the download numbers...it is now past 10.000.
This is much much more than I ever hoped :D Thanks a lot to everyone :wink:

Best wishes,
WhiteWolf
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Updated to 1.1.3 with important changes an announcements!

The campaign is renamed to The Invasion of the Western Cavalry, except for the main title among add-ons, and in your campaign menu.

Map journeys have been written, and now they show me, that the trail the user makes is a total mess. At least 3 new scenarios will be written, and added, with the new update. One of them will also have a new map.

Maps are reworked. You already see it on the first map.

Fixed major bugs, such as:
- The old variable crash at map11
- The 'invalid [units] wml toplevel tag' message at every map (no longer appears)

Fully debugged the 11th map, rebalanced the sides again, and also activated the side-choosing sighted event for the wesnothians. The player is informed about this in a message by the narrator.

New default corpse image(s)! And there will probably be more! The closed beta phased The Bilnd Sentinel campaign already has a unique standard human corpse, they will probably appear here too!
Also debugged the corpses for ghosts and spirits, and fixed ugly looking corpses. (such as the outpeaking Horseman).

Continuous rebalancing is still on progress.

1.1.4beta will probably feature:
- the 3 new scenarious
- the finished journeys on the mpas (the 3rd brach still doesn't have it)
- More redrawn maps

Best wishes to everyone, keep tuned to news!
WhiteWolf
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Updated to 1.1.4beta.

3 NEW SCENARIOS, 1 NEW MAP!
Also:
- Finished and remade journeys on the maps
- Rebalancing in progress
- Redrawing maps in progress
- Fixed wrongly copied story intro on map16c
- Fixed an unfiring event on map6
- Improved some profiles
- Improved the arrival animation (map1)
- Battlefields become even more blood drenched (progress)
- Debugged branch A's recall system
- Many many minor bug fixed

1.1.5beta coming up soon, keep tuned for news!
Feedback about balancing and bugs would come in handy.... :wink:

Best regards,
WhiteWolf
tartiangod

Post by tartiangod »

this is my first time using the wesnoth forums but your campaign really is great so i decided to try and see if i could get a solution to the problem. i was wondering if there was anyway you could help me get past this error i keep having when im on the 4th scenario (trapped in the dungeon ) i am unable to see who ever comes into the dungeon and i cant find a way out of the first room as one gate need the right equipment another needs the right key and the last just gives no message there are also two undead who spawn not sure what they do but they just stand there. Not sure if this will help but the error '<invalid WML found> [terrain_graphics] not supported' keeps appearing in the top right. would appreciate if u could help me out so i can enjoy the rest of your campaign. But regardless already looking forward to your next one it should be great.
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Hello,

I currently don't have my computer on which I develop, so I downloaded the campaign onto this, and took a look at that map...and something nasty does happen there :hmm: You are not even supposed to begin at that room.

The bug will be fixed soon, thanks for indicating and for the patience.

Best regards,
WhiteWolf
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

I can't express how much I'm cursing myself....this was an ugly bug, I had the brazier macros inside an event, after the item tags...
But, item tags can be in both event, or scenario tags. But the brazier macro can only be in the scenario tag...
So, the starting event terminated due to the fact above, and did not do the necessary set ups at the beginning...ugly thing, but it's been fixed :)

1.1.5beta has been uploaded. You should be able to continue your campaign with it.

Thanks,
WhiteWolf
Strahd

Post by Strahd »

Hi WhiteWolf,

first thanks for your campaign, i like it really.
Thanks for fixing the bug in the 4th scenario, now there is another bug in the scenario "The Highway" i think its the 8th.
If i finish the first round, this error message comes and then it goes back to main menu.
http://puu.sh/41sXK.png

I would be glad if you take a look at it if you've got some free time.

Best regards
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Hello,

Sorry for the bug, it's been fixed, but the 1.1.6beta will be uploaded only in the evening, I'm still working on the new reference of the maps, and it cannot be left in half work, has to be finished before uploading.

I'll edit this post when the 1.1.6 is uploaded :)

EDIT

Uploaded.
1.1.6beta:
- Fixed a game-crash bug on map8
- Improved death animation on map3
- New scenarios' names have been corrected, and maps' sequence has been rewritten and shifted, in order to have better reference (f.e.: map7,7 is now map8, but then map8 is map9, etc..., map 13.5 is map 14, so map14 is map16, etc...now only round numbers are acceptable. New sequence: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14abc,15abc,16abc,17abc,18abc,19ab,20a)
- The new reference will be used everywhere from now on, it has its most affect here in the forum.
- Epilogues don't count as scenarios anymore
- Rebalancing and redrawing is in progress.

Upcoming 1.1.7!
- Corpses and blood will not 'float' on water
- With new portable items
- Fighter unit seems to be not compatible with another add-on, so it will receive a new ID, and it will be fixed in the whole campaign.

Best regards,
WhiteWolf
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Hi all,
Only small changes have been made, it's still recommended to update to 1.1.7beta.
Current: 1.1.7beta
- Corpses and blood do not 'float' on water
- With new portable items (see list at the intro) (progress)
- Units: Fighter, Commander, Lord, King; compatibility fixed
- Fixed defeat conditions on map18b

1.1.8beta might come yet, but it is also possible, that the 2.0 is due now. Stay tuned.

WhiteWolf