Activity?

Create music and sound effects for mainline or user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

PPH

Activity?

Post by PPH »

Is music development more or less active? I haven't checked here frequently for a long time now. Last time I knew, West had stepped out from managing the music for the game and Tyler had stepped in. What's the situation now? From the latest posts, it seems to be a little quiet around here.
SkyOne

Re: Activity?

Post by SkyOne »

Uh... kind of less active recently. But West and Tyler Johnson are still active as far as I guess.
You can make this forum more active, like what you did before.:) I know you have a nice sense of music.
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
PPH

Post by PPH »

Ha! So you remember? I guess I'll have to participate again, then. :D
West
Retired Lord of Music

Post by West »

Last I talked to him Tyler said he is very busy with work, so I try to keep an eye on things when I can.

I don't think you should expect any new material coming from either me or him anytime soon. I'd definitely love to hear some new high-quality contributions but sadly there doesn't seem to be any major interest in the music side of the game anymore.

So I think the answer to your question would be no, PPH. Music development is not really active.
PPH

Post by PPH »

Well, I asked because I might be interested in contributing something. But it wouldn't do to make an effort if there's nobody reviewing the submissions.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

PPH wrote:Well, I asked because I might be interested in contributing something. But it wouldn't do to make an effort if there's nobody reviewing the submissions.
Don't wander off, I don't think that's what he meant. There just aren't serious contributors here now, but if you want to break that trend, he'd review it. (I'm not his agent, but I'm pretty sure he would.)
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
PPH

Post by PPH »

Yes, I got that. Don't worry, I'll be around at least for a while. :D I submitted some simple stuff a couple of years back. It appears in the UMC music book, so I guess someone might be using it, which is good.
West
Retired Lord of Music

Post by West »

doofus-01 wrote:Don't wander off, I don't think that's what he meant. There just aren't serious contributors here now, but if you want to break that trend, he'd review it. (I'm not his agent, but I'm pretty sure he would.)
That was what I was trying to say, yes. I'm not personally working on any Wesnoth music and there hasn't been any potential mainline contributions for a long while. So if you want to submit stuff for review, I'll be happy to listen to it. But calling music development "active" just becase one LoM is around to listen to new material is a bit of a stretch IMO ;)
PPH

Post by PPH »

Yes, that's what I understood from your post, West. I'll see if I can come up with something. But I know you aren't easy to please :D
West
Retired Lord of Music

Post by West »

PPH wrote:But I know you aren't easy to please :D
Being hard to please is part of the job description. :)