YEESSSSSS!

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

YEESSSSSS!

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Finally, I've beaten The Seige of Elensefar in Easy mode!

:)

...without letting any of my units die, even once. It was a difficult task.

Here's the replay. I can post the replays from the rest of the scenarios, too, if anyone's interested.
Attachments
Siege_of_Elensefar_replay.zip
(20.59 KiB) Downloaded 264 times
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

I assume no cheating / saveloading / etc. What exactly was your policy on saving? Every turn, every five turns, halfway through the scenario, or never?
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Elvish_Pillager

turin wrote:I assume no cheating / saveloading / etc. What exactly was your policy on saving? Every turn, every five turns, halfway through the scenario, or never?
There was no loading of saves at all in this scenario except on turn 3; I became annoyed at playing the first two turns the same way over and over again, so I saved at the beginning of turn 3 and tried starting from that save multiple times.
I did save a few times, but it was inconsequential.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Caçada Selvagem

Post by Caçada Selvagem »

Send you other replays
And I swear to defend
And we'll fight to the end
And I swear that I'll never be taken alive
And I know that we'll stand
And we'll fight for our land
And I swear that my bairns will be born free
====================
LUTE CONTRA O SISTEMA
Elvish_Pillager

Ok, here's one zip of them all.
Attachments
No_Losses_replays.zip
(61.31 KiB) Downloaded 201 times
Caçada Selvagem

The isle of aduin and the bay of pearls are corrupted (probably because of the game version), and the battle before the siege on elesenfar is missing
And I swear to defend
====================
LUTE CONTRA O SISTEMA
Elvish_Pillager

Whoops, forgot.
Attachments
MuffMalals_Peninsula_replay.zip
(7.77 KiB) Downloaded 207 times
Caçada Selvagem

Why do you preffer more experience than a light mage equiped with a holy sword?
And I swear to defend
====================
LUTE CONTRA O SISTEMA
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Caçada Selvagem wrote:Why do you preffer more experience than a light mage equiped with a holy sword?
There is probably more of a chance of people dying on Isle of the Damned...
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Elvish_Pillager

Caçada Selvagem wrote:Why do you preffer more experience than a light mage equiped with a holy sword?
1) You have level 1 units in the Isle, level 2 on the Peninsula. Much easier to survive with.
2) A White Mage's HP is really wimpy.
3) White Mage whose traits I pick > generic no-upkeep White Mage. I'm sure I could level up a mage pretty easily, too.
Ankka

Post by Ankka »

Now that is impressive! :shock:

I see you changed your location too... what about the scenarios between Siege of Elensefar and that place? Have you completed them, too?

As I watched the replays I noticed you used only elves. Why so? Is it better to have neutral than lawful units, or are for instance horsemen too fragile against ranged attacks?
Elvish_Pillager

Ankka wrote:Now that is impressive! :shock:

I see you changed your location too... what about the scenarios between Siege of Elensefar and that place? Have you completed them, too?
Yes, I've now reached the Dwarven Doors with 0 losses. Yes, that means I've completed Crossroads, Princess, VoD, Gryphons, Abez, Winter, and Mountain Pass.
Ankka wrote:As I watched the replays I noticed you used only elves. Why so? Is it better to have neutral than lawful units, or are for instance horsemen too fragile against ranged attacks?
Horsemen die to archers and anything they attack (because of charge), and Mages are fragile in general. I did acquire a Silver Mage in Northern Winter, and I have plans for Elrian as well (he is still a Mage, but has lots of XP and level 1s are easy to level up.) I think I might retry Mountain Pass becasue I want more XPs... Anyway, Theives are even more fragile than Mages, Mermen don't work on land, and there's nothing else to recruit but Elves.
Ankka

Post by Ankka »

Ok... maybe I should try that too.

Good luck on the Dwrven doors, I just played it and I just can't imagine how it could be won without losses... :shock:

On the other hand I didn't propably do enough XP-hunting before that, and lost some units like a Paladin to stupid attacks in the Mountain Pass.. I guess my problem in the game is that I'm playing too sloppily and letting some good units die to stupid mistakes.
Last edited by Ankka on January 2nd, 2005, 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Elvish_Pillager

Ankka wrote:Ok... maybe I should try that too.
Look out, it can be harder than HttT Hard in some places.
Ankka wrote:Good luck on the Dwrven doors, I just played it and I just can't imagine how it could be won without losses... :shock:
I was having trouble too, but that's partly because I was making a huge mistake... next time I'll fight in daylight, not at night!
Ankka

Post by Ankka »

Oh, and BTW, why are you using version 0.8.7 of the game instead of 0.8.8? Is it more stable or something?

The problem in replays is that you won't see the unit's traits. That's a thing I'd like to see too...

Also some of the leveled units are ones I don't yet know so well by just the looks so it's a bit hard to see what they are... but it's guessable.