Strange Legacy - 1.16 RPG World (Markets Upgrade)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Jeffers0n

Re: Strange Legacy - 1.0 RPG World - finished

Post by Jeffers0n »

I played 10.6, but unfortunately I overwrote the save. Sorry, my bad :oops:
I don't think the problem is because of the spell, other baddies used it and it worked just fine.
I haven't encountered the bug again, but then again, I haven't fought any other Rogue Mages either.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

No problem. Yes, wounds are permanent, they need to be bandaged! Maybe one could say, its a magical wound, that can't be healed by normal resting.
Only bandages will work.
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
Jeffers0n

Post by Jeffers0n »

Where can I get bandages?
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

In every Magic Store. One is located in the temple district of capital city.
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
wobbly

Post by wobbly »

Ok played a bit more. So a bug & a few questions:

The game has allowed me to play on with negative gold a few times. I think it only happens when I have a source of income (only a guess). Maybe I'm in liquidation or something. :lol2:
It didn't seem to allow me to travel to the north. Do I need the mountain upgrade perhaps? (only 1 I'm missing) or is it something else.
I think the AI in 1.11.4 does funny things in your Add-on. Enemies don't attack if hitting you levels you up. Great for normal wesnoth. Plays strangely when it's just you & your enemies are standing around.
Now that the add-ons complete are you still tweaking it? or just doing fixes here & there? Would you like further comments as I think of them?
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Before loosing a game, the game will check if you still have goods to sell, so you can't run broke with at least 1 piece grain on your cart (or in your backpack).

The ai has this problem in all branches of the game, at least in the branches that I played thus far (8,9,10,11). They will not attack your character when he is about to level up. Even with a maximum aggression and maximum caution as I use it. The ai therefore forces your character to attack to gain the levelup. As you said, I did a lot of things that are not embedded in the main game. Therefore I will need a feedback and due to the possibilities in the game I never can predict what players will do.

(HaHa! I already replaced the town on the second island by an image now!)

I'm already working on a new, much stabler and better performanced version, but so far I did not manage to make the game run smoother, even so I replaced 30-40 macros already :(. I think I just want to much. Especially the helpmenu and the infinite turns is getting a little bit out of hand. I must proably get rid off the npcs and replace them by real units, which than need to move in infinite turns. I will have to check how other devs did that.

So, if you have comments are suggestions, come up with them and I will see if I can make them happen. Babylon wasn't build in one day and the development of such a complex rpg requires good feedback and time.

One last thing about complexity:

Once a developer said something about 1000 variables, which would make a campaign complex.

A dynamic market alone with changing prices and free traders that change these prices will at least require this much (without the whole inventory and other features of the game). Lets think about a city with say 50 different goods. Each good needs a dynamic price, a townspecific multiplicator (as some towns have better prices for some goods), a stock and maybe a production and a consumption of these goods. This alone will require 200 variables, even though I might save variables by not defining them (such as consumption and production). Now imagine that this is not just one town, but 20-30 towns, that require this definition. You see that a "simple" task like that requires an ammount of time and testing, for a feature where people say - that's "nice".
wobbly

Post by wobbly »

Heindal wrote: I'm already working on a new, much stabler and better performanced version, but so far I did not manage to make the game run smoother, even so I replaced 30-40 macros already :(. I think I just want to much. Especially the helpmenu and the infinite turns is getting a little bit out of hand. I must proably get rid off the npcs and replace them by real units, which than need to move in infinite turns. I will have to check how other devs did that.
Looking forward to it. The speed in-game is slow but reasonable on my computer. It's the constant crashing & reloading that slow things down for me.
A couple of things:
I some how gained more spaces avaliable in my cart then my max. capacity (so it would say 12 available out of 6). Not sure how.
When it change from world map to local (encounters, towns etc.) I lose all caves & treasure map locations from the world map. Writing down the co-ordinates doesn't help.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Well, you know that there is a diary, which can give you hints where the treasure is located. This way you can also review other missions and their status. Again the question - have you done the storyline, yet? The first seven missions are necessary to unlock locations such as the north, the open sea, the river and the desert (new main maps so to say).

Hm, the treasurehunt has been well tested on 10., but not really test on 11.4. I have to look into this. You might try to end the turn manually, maybe that will spawn the treasure event location. Have you received the sound files, I made? I'm not quite sure if they are transfered.
wobbly

Post by wobbly »

I'm pretty sure I have the sound files. I have the orc talking on the start-up at the very least. Ok I've been playing around a bit with the treasure hunt & have got 2 different scenarios:
Spoiler:
Edit: Odd. I had the case where it wasn't working just work for me. I have no idea what's causing it to throw sometimes for me & work other times.
wobbly

Post by wobbly »

Small bug. I assume mushrooms are intended to be immobile, however if it gains the quick trait it has a move speed of 1. Possibly not so bad considering it's a mutant mushroom. I can live with them moving.

Edit: Worked out how I was getting more available space then max. load:
1. Accept mission delivering cargo. 5 boxes loaded on cart.
2. Get knocked out by bandits. Regain 5 spaces.
3. Complete mission. Regain another 5 spaces.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Thanks, this will be fixed. Too many Options :oops:.
Already worked on the new Version, but it will take some time until everything works fine.
Even so I worked a lot on this new version, the new version does not run any faster.

Got to read a lot of source code of other developers and make up own ideas to find a solution.
That takes time.

btw: The treasuremap given by the achievement, will be added as a consumable.
So reading a treasuremap has to be done in the consumables menu.
cenic

Post by cenic »

Hi.

I found couple of bugs:

1. When you put on shoes with defencegain it is added to defence but not removed when you put off the shoes, thus you can bump your deffence to 100% by just putting the shoes on and off. I tested this with skirmisher shoes.
2. Parcel can be delivered in cities - i received pasrcel mission in Harbor City, then entered it and was able to deliver it.
3. Lockpick and axe are not shown among tools in hero menu. (I play the worker path and bought the lockpick in junk store in harbor city).
4. Objective in "Crab Beach" mission in Harbour City says: "Find the source of spider infection". I got there with mission to kill 5 crabs..
5. Leaving Crab Beach caused the "Creating unit with empty type field" error.
6. The fish-feeding guy in harbor city, where the examine is written - doesn't seem to change any stat/skill.
7. The Ram Shield which can be bought in Capital City Armor Store, when you buy it it says that you need 3 strength, but when you put it on it sais you need the strength of 10.
8. You can hear about couple of secret caves in tavern, and they all are marked on map, but you can enter only the last one.

I use lastest version of campaign on Wesnoth 1.11.4 on Lubuntu 12.04.

And thanks a lot for a good work! The campaign is awesome!!
Shimon.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Thank you for playing and many thanks for bugreporting :).
I'm glad that you like the addon!

I will try to fix all the reported problems in the next version!
adamcl

Post by adamcl »

I have downloaded strange legacy but whenever I try to load it, the computer freezes. I have wesnoth 1.10.2 and no error message appears. What is the problem?
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

I really don't know. There should be a loading time of around 1-5 min for the scenario. Maybe the computer is still loading?
I'm already worked on this addon increasing its performance, maybe you should wait for the next update to come.

One thing you could do to reduce the loading time, is to delete the files in sound. Don't delete "sound" itself, just the files within it.

As background information - I've used many macros and these a are replaced by a preprocessor before the addon starts. This increases the loading time and I fear that older computers might have a problem with that (even though my computer is 'old' too). I already reduced unnecessary macros to reduce the loading time at the beginning. The inventory helpmenu alone consists of over 14.000 lines of code and some of these "lines" are macros that will than be replaced by 60 lines of code by the preprocessor. With over 60 maps and 54 scenarios and many selfmade monsters this isn't a small scenario either.