Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Konrad2 »

bug: all units you recruit in chapter 3 get autorecalled
the outlaws (mercenaries) too
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

Another problem... Do we lose all undead units going from chapter 6 to 7 (using efraim in chap 6)? Cause i had a lich king that isn't in the recall list in chap 7, but was at the end of chap 6.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

you will be able to use them later again
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Raijer wrote:Got to chap. 7, and there's a bug with the redeem count. It says "6 reedem are required to get new advancements", but i'm at lvl 2, so it should say the total need (8) or, if you made it so it would say the real-time need, it should say 7 as i redeemed only 1 guy in lvl 2 redeem.
Maybe it is calculated a bit differently than I expected, can you tell me how many of them does it require on the first, second and third level so that I could learn how will the sequence proceed?
Raijer wrote:Out of that, a little problem, is that my attack list is too long with lethalia, and redeem is in the part that doesn't appear. I suppose there's no way to give a specific order to attacks, but would be good still.
New attacks should not appear before redeem, rather behind it. So I suppose you have too many weapon specials, not too many attacks. In that case, you can unequip everything and look at it. But I can move it to the top of the attacks list. Adding an option to reorder attacks shouldn't be impossible, but it would be rarely used and quite hard to code.
Konrad2 wrote:the outlaws (mercenaries) too
This has already been reported. Fixed, not uploaded yet. The fix will work only on newly recruited outlaws.
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

Dugi wrote:So I suppose you have too many weapon specials, not too many attacks.
Yup, that's right. I would like it if you put it at the top of the attacks list, but do it after you've fixed more important things, especially if it's hard to code, since i can see it anyway by unequipping.
For Efraim (it seems Efraim and Lethalia got different count), the first 2 levels need 6 redeem and 8 redeem.
For Lethalia, it's 6 and 9. I will add the next number when i got lvl 3.
Also, if i upgraded Efraim's redeem in "Apologies" (last of chap 6), can it be the origin of the problem ?

William Ernest Henley
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Yup, that's right. I would like it if you put it at the top of the attacks list, but do it after you've fixed more important things, especially if it's hard to code, since i can see it anyway by unequipping.
Coding this is absolutely trivial.
Also, if i upgraded Efraim's redeem in "Apologies" (last of chap 6), can it be the origin of the problem ?
I don't think so. But it is weird that for Lethalia, it goes from 6 to 9, while for Efraim, it goes from 6 to 8. According to my calculations, it should go 5,6,7,8,10,12,15,18,22 and so forth, not 6 and then 8 or 9. It appears to be quite balanced in the way it is, but no idea why it is as it is. Can somebody post more numbers of this sequence please?
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

Uh... There's something strange. I reloaded "apologies" to verify the redeem count at lvl 1, and when i passed at lvl 2, it showed 0/9 (the green numbers that show up when you redeem someone). The problem is, i went back to "searching for elves" thinking i had made a mistake, and it was still 8 to pass to lvl 3... Huge problem.

EDIT:......... I don't know what's happening anymore. Lethalia's at lvl 2 and needs 8 kills, while she needed 9 in a precedent save. I guess i will just go with it since it work out of that.

EDIT 2: Efraim goes (6) (8) (10) (13) Lethalia goes the same until lvl 3 at least.

William Ernest Henley
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

No idea why it changed, it should not happen, unless you loaded a really old save file where it could be different. You sure you remembered it correctly? No booze, weed, acid...?

They have the same code, so for Lethalia, it should be the same as for Efraim.
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

I might not have read it right, but i checked several times so i don't think that's it. I suppose it can't happen, but would some choices in redeem menu add more redeem need (a little like some AMLAs) ? Or can the AMLA level change something ?

Going on in levelling redeem, it now works exactly the same way for both, (6) (8) (10) (13).

William Ernest Henley
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

there is a wrong image for second advancement of "Tome of Liches"
it shows a fireball for "casting necromantic spells better" (the upgrade worked, just wrong image)
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Raijer wrote:I suppose it can't happen, but would some choices in redeem menu add more redeem need (a little like some AMLAs) ? Or can the AMLA level change something ?
No and no. The number if redeems is determined by the number of AMLA advancements from a certain list the unit has. These AMLA advancements aren't valid, therefore they will never appear on the list of AMLAs available, and are added by the redeem window. They are requirements for some other advancements, and that is how the unlocking works. Because of this, I would need major code changes to make some advancements add to the redeem count or to make some redeem upgrades increase the the redeem count more than others, and I would not write it accidentally.
Raijer wrote:Going on in levelling redeem, it now works exactly the same way for both, (6) (8) (10) (13).
Ahh, I have coufused the formula. It is 33% more and rounded down then. I thought it was 20% and rounded up. In this case, it fits. Because both Efraim and Lethalia have one advancement path added by the start (heal with Lethalia and leadership with Efraim), it starts from 6 and not 5. I'll correct the calculation. Thanks for the numbers.
Konrad2 wrote:there is a wrong image for second advancement of "Tome of Liches"
Fixed, not uploaded yet.
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

Does that mean the formula will change from 33% to 20% ?
If yes, can you show me how to make the change? Having a hard to advance redeem can be annoying and i would like to play chap 7-9 with the new redeem now.

William Ernest Henley
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I don't plan to change it. It seems to be okay the way it currently is, just the numbers describing it will have to be corrected. Some people got it to level 15 in chapter 9.
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

I know... I think that was my first message on the forum, saying i was annoyed cause there was no level 16 lol. So the problem was in the description, not in the way of calculating. Too bad, a fast redeem would have been fun (though i don't really care in fact).

EDIT: Seems like Efraim and Lethalia still have the undead trait, intended ?

William Ernest Henley
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Seems like Efraim and Lethalia still have the undead trait, intended ?
If it's after chapter 6, it isn't intended. Shouldn't be hard to fix.