Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Dugi

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Dugi »

It was initially quite strong (I added it to make it easier to notice bugs of this kind, it produced one particular normal item before, and it was not possible to tell when it should have dropped and when it was an error), but at that time, it dropped quite frequently, so I fixed errors that made it drop and removed its awesome effects, replacing them with a message that it should be reported.
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

Maybe you should add the sparkling for this item if you can. I noticed it only because there was a gem with it.
Also, can Dugi's'wrath really be created? Because i had a hard time getting enough to have soul render, so i can't even imagine how many drops it would take to get 10 black pearls...
Finally, i think you forgot to change "black_pearl" to "black pearl". I suppose nobody cares, but anyway.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Huh, it didn't sparkle? When an item is created, it will sparkle, even if the image of the item is broken. It seems that this item was created in a really weird way, it was just some kind of ghost on the list of items, with no record of item type, only containing coordinates. I wonder how it was created. Can you give me the save file or a replay (since the finding of the item was just a consequence, we don't know when the ghost item itself was created)? I hope that it will not desynch due to advancing, that is one of code errors that can't be worked around and devs refuse to work on it.
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

The save file i gave precedently is the turn where it gets created. Killing the brat should do it. Also, i can't play anymore today (fuu holidays have ended). Will upload another tomorrow if that one doesn't work.

William Ernest Henley
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

Dugi wrote:It should not take so long, and as far as I remember, the next advancement window appeared almost instantly, it was only delayed by the advancement animation (on 1.10.6, strangely, it took a bit longer on 1.11.2; but that still isn't enough for a broken loop). The long delay was there only for the first time.
What version and OS are you using?
Windows XP, 1.10.6.
Check out my campaign Sweet Revenge!
Join the new R2D forum!
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

In "Magic amplificator 1", some of the doors are placed on walls or in the void.

William Ernest Henley
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Raijer wrote:The save file i gave precedently is the turn where it gets created. Killing the brat should do it.
It didn't. No ghost variable.
bigkahuna wrote:Windows XP, 1.10.6.
Don't have that one. I can try it on Windows 7, but the difference between wesnoth running on my usual Linux and Windows should not be so significant.
Raijer wrote:In "Magic amplificator 1", some of the doors are placed on walls or in the void.
What do you mean? I have checked all the passages between scenarios, and they seemed to be correctly placed. I could not play test it, because the save file I had was terribly outdated (more than 1 year old).
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

Ooops. Didn't precise enough, didn't have time. Anyway, i was speaking about the "trap-doors" that let out enemies periodically. One of them is in a wall, the other on a void hex.
Strange about the save, i reloaded it more than once and it created it each time. Will try to find another one.
EDIT: ... Problematic. It seems he appears in on all my saves, even the one where there shouldn't be any items on this hex (i didn't even kill anything there, but the item was). The item is created in an unknown area, which shouldn't be possible, unless there should be an item in 3,15.
It is created right from the start (used debug to get to this hex on the first turn). Sending my starting save.
LotI1-Armoury.gz
(258.45 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
EDIT 2:
EDIT 3: When unequipping an item that increases hps, the change isn't made (in my case 187/167 hps).

EDIT 4(i know that's a lot...): Another issue: an exterminator's scythe that didn't sparkle when on the ground.
Shouldn't there be an enemy leader in "Guard's Quarter" ?
Also, there's an image missing in Elder mage's staff attack. And nocturnal cloak has no image.

William Ernest Henley
Pannenkoek

Post by Pannenkoek »

I havent bought allot of units thats true. My army consisted 4 elves, 4mages, 3 dwarfs the necromancer 1 shocktrooper all maxed and loyal. The shocktrooper did cost some because i failed a few times in getting him there so that costed some money. At the first 5 scenarios used some recall units to get trough it faster,heal and provide leadership. After the level where u help the thieves i created a few of each. Since i already had allot money by then. ( btw those thiefes are getting recalled but they aint are loyal). I just startes the last scenario from chapter 3 and my gold does stil hit the 7500 mark tough it didnt increase anymore.

P.s sorry for my english it isnt my native language.

Yours,
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

Looked back at my gold in chapter 3... I was at around 11500 at the end... Though it's right that i absolutely did not recruit. Basically went a it with one of each level 4 type, only the loyal type, and using recalled units only for the hard scenarios (the one before last was really annoying).
Just got to chapter 6, and really got surprised... I had completely forgotten that we lose all advancements and items between the 2 parts.

William Ernest Henley
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Raijer wrote:Anyway, i was speaking about the "trap-doors" that let out enemies periodically. One of them is in a wall, the other on a void hex.
Found it. One was also outside the map, putting units on the recall list.
Raijer wrote: Problematic. It seems he appears in on all my saves, even the one where there shouldn't be any items on this hex (i didn't even kill anything there, but the item was). The item is created in an unknown area, which shouldn't be possible, unless there should be an item in 3,15.
An item was supposed to be on 3,15. I was able to replicate the appearance of the glitch item. It appears that some of the chapter 5 specific macros are badly outdated, that also explains that some items didn't sparkle (btw, the absence of sparkling cannot be related to an item type, rather to its location, way of appearing, etc).
Raijer wrote:When unequipping an item that increases hps, the change isn't made (in my case 187/167 hps).
Seems that the current hp is kept when something is changing... It seems that I will have to calculate the percentage and use it to calculate the resulting hp.
Raijer wrote:Shouldn't there be an enemy leader in "Guard's Quarter" ?
I don't think so.
Pannenkoek wrote:I havent bought allot of units thats true. My army consisted 4 elves, 4mages, 3 dwarfs the necromancer 1 shocktrooper all maxed and loyal.
Seems there is still too much gold. I didn't decrease it enough the last time I was decreasing it. I will decrease it again.
Pannenkoek wrote:P.s sorry for my english it isnt my native language.
Mine neither :lol2:
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

In chapter 6, the scenario "Friends no more" sounds strange. I would have written "Not friends anymore". Dunno if it's intended to keep the name short or something like that.

EDIT: New problem, it seems the addition about being able to take items in castle wasn't added in part 2.

William Ernest Henley
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Writing 'Friends no more' into google returned 200000 results, so it should be linguistically correct. I preferred this expression over 'Not friends anymore' because it sounds a bit more harsh to me (as it should).

Are you sure that this change did not affect part 2? The difference between the code of these parts is negligible and this part of the code is absolutely the same. There was a bug that was causing it to misbehave, but I have fixed it and uploaded already. I have also tried it right now, and it worked. Can you upload a save file where it would be possible to replicate?

The reason why I am uploading nothing and replying only randomly is that I am busy with (and tired of) real life stuff. I've had an exam today, another one on Monday, I am working on my thesis because the deadline is terribly close, I am going to have another exam soon and even that isn't all. Because of this, when I am not doing anything important, I am too tired to do anything more that fix some bugs with obvious solutions and reply. I believe that after the thesis deadline (that is effectively this weekend), it will get better and do the things planned.
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

From what i've tried (only in one scenario "Across the barren land"), it doesn't work. The message saying that you can't unload other items than potions after turn 2 unless your in a castle appears, but my inventory shows nothing (i've got no potions as far as i know). Joining save file of turn 3 with all my units in the castle.

Also, please do not over-work yourself. Currently, the only problems are minor bugs/just being picky, and i don't think people will die from not having any upload for 1 month or more, since the campaign is fully playable and pretty much better than most i know, from my point of view.
Attachments
LotI2-Across_the_Barren_Land-Sauvegarde_automatique3.gz
(237 KiB) Downloaded 162 times

William Ernest Henley
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I was able to replicate it, but I haven't found the cause yet.

A nice advantage of your sauvegardes automatiques is that my machine does not recognise it as auto saves and does not delete them.