1.9 SP Campaign - Sweet Revenge

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Shinobody

Re: 1.9 SP Campaign - Sweet Revenge

Post by Shinobody »

... Find a way to contact him? He's active on these forums.
Actually, I already shot him PM there on the matter, so now we have to wait.
Artist, writer, game designer for hire.
Art portfolio: https://shino1.artstation.com
Writing dump: https://shino1portfolio.wordpress.com/
My itchio for video games and TTRPG stuff: https://shino1.itch.io/
Moderator Emeritus

Post by 8680 »

Shinobody wrote:He's active on these forums.
Not really. He last visited there at April 2 01:06 UTC.

He has email notifications off there, and I expect he has them off here too. If necessary, Shinobody or me could email him directly.
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

a) Uploading a separate add-on called "Sweet Revenge (fixed)", which wouldn't be a very good solution IMO
I started on this by simply renaming the folder, but there is no upload option in the adons menu- what actually triggers the option to upload?
Moderator Emeritus

Post by 8680 »

Crow_T wrote:what actually triggers the option to upload?
The presence of a [wiki=PblWML]_server.pbl[/wiki] document in the add-on’s directory.
Shinobody

Post by Shinobody »

@8680: Um, I don't see his last visit date (he always hides it), my guess is that you do since you're admin on Novalia. His last post was in late March though.
I'll send him an e-mail, let's hope he didn't change it since before R2D forums moving.
Artist, writer, game designer for hire.
Art portfolio: https://shino1.artstation.com
Writing dump: https://shino1portfolio.wordpress.com/
My itchio for video games and TTRPG stuff: https://shino1.itch.io/
Moderator Emeritus

Post by 8680 »

Shinobody wrote:@8680: Um, I don't see his last visit date (he always hides it), my guess is that you do since you're admin on Novalia.
A quick check with your permissions rather than mine confirms your guess. I wasn’t aware of the possibility of hiding that date, mea culpa.
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

Well, didn't think I'd be hearing back from this again.

Sorry for the delayed response. I have, in fact, quit work on this. I'd be more than fine if someone wanted to take over maintenance of it, though! Always glad to see that some people are enjoying something I made. However... the campaign files are no longer in my possession. In fact, Wesnoth isn't even on my computer anymore, so even if I did have them...

It's been almost two years since I've touched WML, so I'll probably be no help on that front.
Ceres wrote:b) Getting the password for the campaign so the original one can be fixed.
I can do that (I think I remember... if not, an administrator can help). I'll send a PM to whoever ends up maintaining the campaign?

...who will be the one maintaining the campaign?
Check out my campaign Sweet Revenge!
Join the new R2D forum!
Moderator Emeritus

Post by 8680 »

bigkahuna wrote:...who will be the one maintaining the campaign?
Perhaps the password could be given to [acronym=e.g, Ceres and Crow_T (and maybe me as a backup, for triple redundancy)]several interested people[/acronym], to avoid having a single point of failure, as with the RtD forum admincy?
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

8680 wrote:Perhaps the password could be given to several interested people, to avoid having a single point of failure, as with the RtD forum admincy?
I'd actually like an official statement of interest if that's okay. If I understand correctly, no one has actually stepped up yet (besides, of course, Ceres making the campaign playable in its current form). I also doubt that three people will be necessary to preserve this historical enterprise from the ravages of time. It's a rather small campaign.

So... any feedback from the interested parties? A co-operative development is fine with me too, if that's what you guys want.

EDIT: The one(s) who end(s) up with it get to learn my Fabulous Development Secrets™!
Join the new R2D forum!
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

I'm trying to play through on easy, and either I suck really bad or this is a difficult campaign ;) Or both... But I'm struggling to get through it. I would like to get through the whole thing first before I do anything, then at least put Ceres' fixes up. It seems like this campaign has some pretty slick code happening, so I'm doubtful to my competence in fixing issues that would involve major code changes like a 1.10 to 1.12 transition.
Ceres
Forum Regular

Post by Ceres »

I wouldn't mind taking over maintenance. My WML knowledge is a little bit rusty, but it won't be too hard to pick up again. I also wouldn't have a problem with cooperatively maintaining it with Crow_T or someone else.
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

Alright, Ceres is now the official maintainer. If anyone else would like to maintain it with him, take it up with him. It's out of my hands now.

Ceres: I'll send you a PM in a bit.
Join the new R2D forum!
Ceres
Forum Regular

Post by Ceres »

I just uploaded Sweet Revnge v1.0.2, and it finally works again without having to mess around with files :)
Apart from occasional bugfixes and some polishing, there isn't all that much to do, but I'll still gladly accept anyone who wants to contribute or join.
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

Great work! I'm assuming it's uploaded on 1.10? And feel free to make a new thread for this and get this one locked if you wish.

EDIT: It's two spots above Invasion from the Unknown on the 1.10 server, where it has no right to be... Again, surprised and grateful for all the attention this has received.
Last edited by bigkahuna on May 15th, 2013, 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Join the new R2D forum!
Ceres
Forum Regular

Post by Ceres »

bigkahuna wrote:I'm assuming it's uploaded on 1.10?
Yes. Haven't tried 1.11 yet, but if I should ever do so, I'll upload it there too. Also, this thread is fine, no need for a new one - I also linked here in the campaign decription using those shortened forum links, making copying it manually much easier.