You've been playing Wesnoth too long when...

This is the place for forum games, not discussing games (Off-Topic), games development (Games Development), or Wesnoth (all other forums above).

Moderator: Forum Moderators

AxalaraFlame

Re: You've been playing Wesnoth too long when...

Post by AxalaraFlame »

997. ...the world in your eyes changed a littel bit. But you get used to it very quickly. Details: most humans become peasants/woodsman, some are ruffians; businessman=mean puny dwarves with ties and neat clothes; Obama=King Konard VII. You always feel police officers wield longswords or halberds or something, instead of a gun; professor Einstein gradually became a celebrated arch mage in his photo. The kids in school wear brown or black robes as uniforms.
There are some poor ghouls or ghosts wandering around the streets, who have no home or food; but still a lot of them are in a good order, look like skeletons, but you convince yourself they are mafias and you shall better not get close to them. In some places else, you see dwarves everywhere; you nearly call it "Knalga" instead of "Wallstreet". Some people in this world changed a lot for survival, and blend into the wild, became Indian saurians, Chinese drakes, Arabian ogres, Russian Yetis et cetera...
But just as I said, you get used to it and you live in it, till the end of your life, you did not notice something much different.
Last edited by AxalaraFlame on July 4th, 2013, 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drakefriend

Post by Drakefriend »

998. ...you have acquired fluency in all languages supported by the game.
999. ...you construct languages for all nations on Irdya.

1000. ...you now exclusively play in the Wesnothian translation you created.

1001. ...you exclusively communicate in Wesnothian or other Irdya languages.
After far too long an absence, I have returned.
According to the quiz 100% Silver Mage (85% Archmage, 75% Shyde, 67% Flameheart and Ancient Wose,58% Assassin, Troll Warrior and Berserker). And my top score is exactly how I see myself.
MRDNRA

Post by MRDNRA »

1002. You start thinking of a possible story with inspiration from Wesnoth, Lord of the Rings, and The Hunger Games.

and seeing other posts of people calling Gandalf Delfador

1003. Calling Delfador Gandalf because of also being addicted to Lord of the Rings!
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

1004. ...your mom told you "get the hell away of that damned medieval-styled game or I will throw you out of the room", you do not feel it realistic anymore.
Last edited by AxalaraFlame on June 25th, 2013, 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elfarion

Post by Elfarion »

I know, I should'nt do this, but...

1005: You charge alone against an entire army and your last thoughts are: They won't attack me, I'm just one point of exp from levelling up.
"Each of mankind's steps towards tomorrow is a breaking of today's laws."
- Sergej Lukianenko
Flameslash

Post by Flameslash »

1006: When the army all fire at you at once, you think - hang on, I'm still at least 4 hexes away! Damn UMC!
Elfarion

Post by Elfarion »

1007: A Wensoth-related page is displayed, no matter which letter you type in the URL bar of your brwoser. (Happens to me.)
"Each of mankind's steps towards tomorrow is a breaking of today's laws."
- Sergej Lukianenko
MRDNRA

Post by MRDNRA »

I know this is kind of an expansion on my previous post (1003) but:

1008: When discussing films with family member you have an idea of creating a film which somehow merges Star Wars, Star Trek, and Halo then think of also adding, in order, Lord of the Rings, Hunger Games, and Wesnoth. Yes, Wesnoth, with those previous 5 films which wouldn't go together anyway!
Flameslash

Post by Flameslash »

1009: When you make an add on featuring every FPI and 50 different copyrighted works, and a 82 page legal document justifying it.
Great_Mage_Atari

Post by Great_Mage_Atari »

1010: You come back after a few months and browse the forums, even though you absolutely find it asinine to do so.
Drakefriend

Post by Drakefriend »

Flameslash wrote:1009: When you make an add on featuring every FPI and 50 different copyrighted works, and a 82 page legal document justifying it.
1011. ...you buy the rights or several IPs for the sole purpose of creating a BfW add-on based on it.

1012. ...in the rare case you play a game that is not Wesnoth, and is a RPG, your character will always be a native of Irdya.
According to the quiz 100% Silver Mage (85% Archmage, 75% Shyde, 67% Flameheart and Ancient Wose,58% Assassin, Troll Warrior and Berserker). And my top score is exactly how I see myself.
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

1013: ... you think picking your nose is your idle animation.
Drakefriend

Post by Drakefriend »

1014. ...you use BfW images as avatars at things not related to Wesnoth, and for character images/proto-concept-art. (I did.)

1014. ...you have realised EVERY faction concept, from a realistic (with the possible exception of powerlevel, e.g. "Hettites vs. Nazis") rendering of most/all historic armies to transcendental entinities, to microorganisms (no, not diseases, not giant microorganisms, just microorganisms) to something that is in fact inconcievable to humans (as in "the human brain is physically incapable of thinking that thought", not "Eldritch octopus fthagn!")
dipseydoodle

Post by dipseydoodle »

1014 - When this game make absolutely no sense at all.

1015 - When I say it needs to die(shadowmaster agrees) and it's locked.

1016 - Live to see another YBPWTLW rise again...

1017 - YBPWTLW has a acronym!
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

1018. When you see a Goblin was selling homemade spears this morning. Hang on, wait a sec...That is an ice-cream cart. How could you see a Goblin with spears after all?