Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Ugmpag

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Ugmpag »

The Mask of Insanity gives lesser beserk to non-magical ranged attacks as well as melee. Is this by design?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

TheZ wrote:vali, dugi (in theory) just fixed this, update to 2.4.12 and restart the level your on or move on to the next one.
It didn't work before the change and it did work after it, so I suppose it is fixed.
vanillared wrote:Note, best part of the port is it is I can download user created content.
Wait, the old one did not support user made content?
Ugmpag wrote:The Mask of Insanity gives lesser beserk to non-magical ranged attacks as well as melee. Is this by design?
Nope, was intended to be melee only. Thanks for reporting.
vali

Post by vali »

Sorry, still broken.

In the attached save, use the duelist connor to kill the nearby troll dude. Keep your eyes on the mini-map. At the moment the troll dies, and connor levels up, you'll see the new unit duplicated into the game.

I updated to the most recent version of your campaign as well, and this entire scenario, as well as the one before it, were played in the new version.
Attachments
LotI1-Toxic_Sun_Turn_15_ERROR.gz
(413.77 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Everything happened correctly when I used that Connor guy to kill that troll. I was running it on 1.11.1, where I was able to replicate the errors of this kind before. What is EXACTLY your version of Wesnoth? What OS are you using? What did you use to build it?
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

could you make the items in the ite storage appear sorted by itemtype or alphabetical? would be helpful.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

The item storage is not intended to hold more than just a few items. If there is too many items (speaking about numbers above a hundred), it needs a lot of time to show up. This is because WML (Wesnoth Markup Language, the code wesnoth add-ons are written in) is not fast. Sorting these items somehow would significantly lengthen these delays it needs to list the items there. It has also no support for alphabetical ordering, but there might be ways to add it.
But there might be ways to help you find an item without sorting it. Like adding an option Search item item storage, that would list only items whose names contain a text you enter. Would this be fine?
Piko555

Post by Piko555 »

Imo it could be possible to easily sort items in the storage if each type would be stored (while putting up) to a separated container. Then, on the list it could be written firstly items from the helmet container, then items from the boots container etc.
I know it would need much of code rewritening, so I don't think ya'll do it, but I'm only marking that it's possible.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Yes, that would work as well. I didn't have this idea. It would also improve a few more things. But it would cause a version incompatibility, that would surely bring a dozen of false positive bug reports.
But I also had an idea how to list it alphabetically (this would have to be first ordered manually, and would still be kinda lengthy to do).

So, for now, there are three possibilities how to do it:
1 - Search engine
2 - Alphabetical listing (would need an unpleasant amount of boring work to do)
3 - Sorting by item types
They can be combined. What do you suggest (open question)?
Battlecruiser_Venca

Post by Battlecruiser_Venca »

how about to make item categories: helms, potions, armor, swords, etc...?
Naron

Post by Naron »

There is an item that allows immunity to slow? It is very annoying when my units are slowed by this attack. And why this attack has a more prolonged effect on Efraim or Lethalia?
I mean by this that the effect of the attack lasts even two turns, does not disappear at the beginning of the next turn. Is this intentional or a bug?
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

i like the idea of Piko555 making seperate containers for every type, to avoid incompatibility problems you could leave the old container (treat it as an additional container to the gloves,heml etc containers) and show it in the list but not adding anymore items to it.

do you think making seperate containers will make the itemsstorage faster or slower?
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
Piko555

Post by Piko555 »

Naron wrote:I mean by this that the effect of the attack lasts even two turns, does not disappear at the beginning of the next turn. Is this intentional or a bug?
Slowing effect always disappear not at the beginning of turn, but at the beginning of turn for side which applied it. That's why sometimes it looks like it last 2 turns.

@up - I'm not sure, but it propably wouldn't make it neither faster of slower.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

It seems that the separate containers are winning the vote. It will slow the game only a bit, probably unnoticeably.
Naron wrote:There is an item that allows immunity to slow? It is very annoying when my units are slowed by this attack.
There is none. And coding that ability is kinda tricky, but it can be done.
Naron wrote:And why this attack has a more prolonged effect on Efraim or Lethalia? I mean by this that the effect of the attack lasts even two turns, does not disappear at the beginning of the next turn. Is this intentional or a bug?
I didn't do a thing with slow. Can you verify whether it might not be some kind of unexpected default behaviour, like Piko555 suggested?
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

i just played the scenario bloodbath of the 4 chapter. And i won. But it seems like thats not why way it was meant to be.
The question is, should i replay the scebnaro and try not to win?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

You won? That was unexpected. Congratulations. You were supposed to struggle, approaching a total defeat, and then the mage Zortheus comes and ends the endless night, starts recruiting more mages and your leaders decide to retreat. Seems the enemies were not strong enough. I will make them stronger and add some more enemies if you manage to win. Anyway, nothing important was supposed to happen there, you were just supposed to flee and not to win. Just remember that and keep playing.