War of the Woses Campaign (0.0.2) Feedback Thread

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

fmac81

War of the Woses Campaign (0.0.2) Feedback Thread

Post by fmac81 »

Should've made this a long time ago, but never did. This thread is a feedback thread for the War of the Woses campaign, soon to be at version 0.0.2. Please post any comments, suggestions, difficulties, or other feedback regarding this campaign in the thread.
NOTE: This campaign had not been updated for almost 1.5 years, until I decided to work on it again recently.

Basic Campaign Summary:
Spoiler:
Artwork:
Spoiler:
Units:
Spoiler:
Thank you in advance for your feedback/other comments,
fmac81
tr0ll

Re: War of the Woses Campaign (0.0.2) Feedback Thread

Post by tr0ll »

Thanks for developing content!

1st scenario:
- Why would a fire wose have -20% resistance to fire? Seems kinda risky.
- Couldn't hear any music. Is there a UMC Music dependency?
- Had to load the Archaic Era manually, it didnt prompt me.
- Noticed the following messages in the log:
warning unit: Unknown attribute 'recruitment_pattern' discarded.
error audio: Could not load sound file 'wail-miss.ogg'
error audio: Could not load sound file 'wail.ogg'
- Gaundelor says _"Give it up Malco. You're petty, little druid magic can't defeat me." That should be "Your"
- The map is rather large and the enemy grabs villages and keeps recruiting more units, so it will end up being a long war.
fmac81

Post by fmac81 »

Hey there,
I haven't actually released the 0.0.2 update yet...but I intend to hopefully today or tomorrow.
-The fire wose/flame wose will have been fixed in the 0.0.2 update
-Archaic Era dependency will be in 0.0.2 as well
-I never actually have tried to insert scenario music, but it's something I'll look into.
-I will make sure to check my grammar in that first scenario (I wonder how I missed that), and probably, as you suggested, downsize that map too.

Thanks for the feedback,
fmac81
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

You disabled 'bonus' and gold carry-over, so the player starts 'scenario 2' with 200 gold against two enemies with 300 gold each of them.
200 gold against 600 gold!
- on difficulty NORMAL :augh:

Mind, it is the second scenario after a rather short first scenario, where the player was not able to gain much experience for his units. :hmm:

1. Why did you set 'bonus=no'?

2. Why has the enemy that much gold?

About the resize of scenario_1 map:
What I have to complain about is, that you pressed both castles in the map corners.
Especially the enemy keep should be attackable from all sides.

About scenario_2 map:
A wose castle should be surrounded by forest, tut this castle is far away from any trees - I wonder why?

And it is not carry_over_percentage but carryover_percentage

Check this site:[endlevel]

{PLACE_IMAGE "scenery/signpost" 5 36} should be {PLACE_IMAGE "scenery/signpost.png" 5 36}
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
fmac81

Post by fmac81 »

Oh my goodness. I guess I was tired or something, and forgot the ".png" part. I will make sure to fix those.

The gold lessening is something I'm still working on, because of the next problem regarding gold carryover. The "bonus" thing I originally thought was the carryover, but I forgot to go back and delete it.

It seemed to work when I loaded each level, but I didn't have time to play them all through, so that was my mistake. I will likely release a 0.0.21 update sometime this evening.

Thanks,
fmac81
tr0ll

Post by tr0ll »

0.0.21 would be confusing, it should be 0.0.3. dont worry about using 0.0.x numbers quickly, you could easily scroll though dozens before reaching 0.1.0 on your roadmap (if there is one).
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

fmac81 wrote:... , but I didn't have time to play them all through, ...
You should take the time for that, it is very important and the only way to see how good / bad balanced your campaign is.
tr0ll wrote:0.0.21 would be confusing, it should be 0.0.3
That's true.
After two comes three, not twenty-one!
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
fmac81

Post by fmac81 »

Sounds good you guys...0.0.3 it is. Thanks again for helping me with this—I think it's the first campaign I've actually gotten more than 4 scenarios done with... :geek:

Thanks,
fmac81
Eugen

Post by Eugen »

Player still has 200 gold againt 600 (2x300) in the second scenario.
Btw I love the woses :)
fmac81

Post by fmac81 »

Right...I must have fixed a different scenario...oops!

Thank you for the compliment—all credit to the Wesnoth Mainline artists for the zombie/walking corpse ones, and...I don't actually know where I got the dark woses from, I think they originate from a different port of Wesnoth (1.6 maybe? I used to know...)

I will make sure to fix that...

Thanks,
fmac81
fmac81

Post by fmac81 »

VERSION 0.0.4 RELEASED TO 1.10 ADD-ON SERVER

This version has multiple coding fixes, a couple more scenarios and completed storyline. The main thing now is just gameplay balancing.
*I have had a problem with the new 1st scenario, in getting it to transition to the next one without "This campaign is now over, continue to next scenario" hopefully can fix this with next update
*used neutral merfolk units for the last two scenarios so that they don't have huge disadvantage vs. Darkblood saurians

Thanks,
fmac81
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

For some reason nearly all savegames of your campaign are INVALID, so it is not possible to quit the game for a pause, and start again later to continue.
fmac81

Post by fmac81 »

Hmmm...That is very weird. I have no idea why that would happen. Perhaps its some of my scenario coding or something like that. I am really not sure why that happens (it does that for me too). I'll try fiddling around with it a bit more and see what happens.

Thanks,
fmac81
nathanson1947

Post by nathanson1947 »

The game works fine as long as I keep playing it and do not stop. I was playing at the Easiest difficulty. However, both the auto-saves and the manual saves do not work. If I try to re-load the game, I get the following screen. Notice the word "Invalid" in red in the upper left corner.
This shows up when I am about to load a file to resume play. Notice the word "Invalid" in the upper left corner.
This shows up when I am about to load a file to resume play. Notice the word "Invalid" in the upper left corner.
If I try to actually load a saved game, I then get the following message:
This shows up when I actually load it.
This shows up when I actually load it.
Error Message 2.jpg (17.8 KiB) Viewed 5144 times
The only way I can resume the game is to start again from the beginning of the first scenario. This can be very tedious.