B.U.R.S. (Bizarre and Unusual Recruit Styles)

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

AxalaraFlame

Re: B.U.R.S. (Bizarre and Unusual Recruit Styles)

Post by AxalaraFlame »

Rigor, for some reasons I found that I cannot download any of these replays. Each time I click it, the computer stuck and reboots. I don't understand why :(

But that Gobo war is really amusing :mrgreen: Did u win after all?
Last edited by AxalaraFlame on June 25th, 2013, 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

your problem sounds technical. but to lighten your mood caused by gloomy reboots, i set together this little comic:

Figure: Leonidas Pun

as to who has won, well the game ended in a spectacular way. always on the edge, with a lot of would be lvl ups. PS: not one of the 12 gobos managed to level up, minstead 9 died, can you believe that???
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

Rigor wrote:little comic
How lame of me, didn't recognise your words before acting. Not sure that would mean a thing, Hungarian translators took such a freedom on the show, it still does not ring familiar.

Wescomics are definitely the future of replay storytelling. It really should have be a feature on ladder. :D
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

I shall post something as a little contribution to this thread. Though this replay is a little bit digressed for having no real Bizarre and Unusual recruits, the concequence of the very one unit who levels up again and again may be considered as bizarre. It is really hilarious. :lol2:

You guys can count and would astonishingly find out that this drake fighter actually killed a whole army :augh: , while most of them died due to his heroic defense...
Attachments
Super drake destroyer.gz
(23.91 KiB) Downloaded 283 times
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

Figure: RL Gliders

did u notice that gliders on a map that almost doesnt restrict horizontal movement can give drakes quite an edge sometimes? i mean they are so puny but still have a big impact with their lovely marksman attack.

i have two imperfectly played glider burs on weldyn here, so i guess theres room for improvement. the first time i tried that tactics i got my gliders smacked by spears due to a risky calculation of ctk. but truthfullyi must confess, i dont think that even a spearman spam can stop such a vile glider spam :))

dont let yourselves be turned down by the prosect that gliders cant be played well. THEY CAN!
Attachments
2p_-_Weldyn_Channel_Turn_15_(5858).gz
gliders1
(14.13 KiB) Downloaded 280 times
2p_-_Weldyn_Channel_glider_action.gz
gliders2
(16.26 KiB) Downloaded 287 times
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

@Rigor
Is there any way for drakes to win with BURS simply by swarming gliders against loyalists?
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

I've been having some fun with my favorite unit, the Thunderer. Yes, the replay is against the AI. I would love to see somebody try this versus a human...
Attachments
Thundersticks.gz
Feel the thunder
(12.47 KiB) Downloaded 250 times
Sorta on a break from the forums ATM, have been for a while. If I was doing something for/with you and I haven't recently, that's why, I will be back soon hopefully.
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

TheScribe wrote:I've been having some fun with my favorite unit, the Thunderer. Yes, the replay is against the AI. I would love to see somebody try this versus a human...
Checked it. Really funny, but uh...Rigor usually upload replays against human players. I suppose thunderers don't deal with human players really well.
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

I did that game in my 1-2 minute breaks, so I couldn't really do that against a human.
Is there any way for drakes to win with BURS simply by swarming gliders against loyalists?
I tried it versus the AI. It's doable. Again, I'd like to try, or see somebody try, this versus a human.
Attachments
Gliders.gz
(15.16 KiB) Downloaded 261 times
Sorta on a break from the forums ATM, have been for a while. If I was doing something for/with you and I haven't recently, that's why, I will be back soon hopefully.
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

Three matches, three units

Figure: "Rushing water" will never sound the same anymore, because one can spam anything... literally

So you are BURSing random people (or the *GASP* cpu) to death and think you are tough, am i right? How about pulling a spam out during a Wesnoth Championship against an opponent bashing the former champion to 2:0, then use the opportunity of the 3-in-tie outcome to do it again for a third time and win the round? Because this is exactly what happened to me not long ago. Viewers' discretion is advised for the excessive usage of hungarian language and intense cheekiness.
Krogen_vs_Scouts.gz
1st
(14.84 KiB) Downloaded 254 times
Fighters_vs_Krogen.gz
2nd
(19.39 KiB) Downloaded 246 times
Gryphons_vs_Krogen.gz
3rd
(15.88 KiB) Downloaded 238 times
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

When spam meets spam...

Into-Jesus and I played a match that was quite interesting. We both chose 'random' for our faction, and we agreed to spam one unit only.

See, I can do these against a human! :lol2:
Attachments
Orcish Archers vs The Zombie Hordes.gz
(21.45 KiB) Downloaded 281 times
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

It's been a while, but I finally got to try spamming Thunderers against a human, just to see how it'd go. The replay's attatched.
Attachments
Thunderers FTW!!!.gz
(12.73 KiB) Downloaded 249 times