Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

minardians

Re: Legend of the Invincibles (chapter 8 is out)

Post by minardians »

More high-level enemies please, like lv. 9 Demons and higher. 8)
I have about 14 uber troops (Elder Mages, Elvish Assassins, Celestial Messenger, several Destroyers, Battle Mages), but facing Dark Lethalia's illusions, even fully equipped I'm just about having hard times and could pass it only by luck (the real Dark Lethalia attack Efraim that equipped with Doombringer and vanquished by pure chance) at hard difficulty.
Also, can you reduce the number redeem needs to advance? I mean, really, Lethalia needs more than 500+ turns to reach Particle Storms, and it's headaching enough.
Another request : more item set please. :mrgreen: Beside Rheraent's Set, Reaper's Set and Shadowwalker's Set. Perhaps put more available stats when several sets equipped to one character? :eng:
Dugi wrote:.. now all AMLA advancement questions are moved to the beginning of your turn.
Also, you can alter the last AMLA a unit has taken now, for the case if you have taken something that showed to be useless.
Is that mean that when they're advancing, they'll automatically take random AMLA? Cause when my unit advance for the second time, they take the least priority and I have to change it. Also, some of the advancing unit that only have one advancing class (like Assassin to Shadowwalker or Swordsman to Swordsmaster) would pop up an advancing window contain two upgrade option but the same class.
It's not that I'm lazy, I just haven't found my interest.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

RainerT wrote:How do I get 1.11.2?
Here.Choose the 1.11 branch for your OS, I can't remember if you were using Windows or not. And it's 1.11.0, I was mistaken with the version, thanks Pentarctagon for correcting me.
miniardians wrote:Just some info, I dunno whether it also happened to other or not, sometimes when level advancing, Efraim and/or Lethalia doesn't have level advancement - the skill upgrade window didn't appear. This thing sometimes happened after I've finished my turn and the main heroes are attacked then by tons of enemies (mainly in the spiral stage, Ch. 7). I gotta reload the save and put him away before advancing.
This is not really a bug, the advancement window is suppressed and it appears at the beginning of your turn. This was a necessary sacrifice to quicken the game, and I also like it because I can do other stuff during AI's turn, for a time I can estimate quite easily, without having to check if something is advancing.
miniardians wrote:And also, some of my hi-level soldiers, equipped with several crafted items (Widowmaker / Marrowrend, Art of War, Hatred), when attacked and reach 1 hp they simply didn't die. Next turn, after regenerating, they're attacked by enemies again but simply when reach 1 hp, enemies stop attacking them. Any ideas about it?
Can you please be more specific? What item property seems to be causing this? Does it happen also after reload? Does it happen always with those items or only spontaneously? Which OS and which version of Wesnoth are you using? I was reported this already, but I was unable to replicate this error. It happens only on certain installations of wesnoth.
miniardians wrote:Anyway, could you please make the drop items more varied on hard difficulty? Some gems are rare to obtain since their drops seems reduced.
I have made some items undroppable in the first 5 chapters, because they were making it too easy. I have also made the highest gems more rare. I have now slightly increased the chance for them to drop.
t3st3r wrote:1) On 09_The_Den_of_Evil.cfg map AI turns were painfully slow
On the last version, I have reduced the number of the units, but only of those coming from forward. Those coming back from you were supposed to make the fight harder, you were not supposed to block them with a clever trick. Also, to accelerate the AI's turn, I have put a fog of war there (but it cannot reduce the nuisance caused by the units that you have blocked).
t3st3r wrote:2) 12_The_Last_Enemy.cfg has been a way too hard for me on normal level. Too much fakes spawns each turn.
I have decreased their quantity in the latest version. I have also decreased her hitpoints now.
I haven't been clear enough in the help, I meant that you should use units with high precision on fake ones, and units with slow against her to avoid taking too much damage from her.
jpaulson wrote:In "Sightseeing" (Chapter 2 Scenario ), Argan is getting killed around turn 9/10, which seems earlier than I can reasonably reach him. Is he supposed to be able to fend for himself? AI deaths leading to defeat are always annoying (especially if said AI force is far away); is that lose condition really needed for this scenario?
Made him significantly stronger, a dying ally is quite a nuisance.
Naron wrote:I decided to resume the campaign from the beginning.
Because it fixed the problem, it should be good, I hope it will not happen again (as I still have no idea what could be removing these attacks).
Naron wrote:I'm curious, how many chapters will have your campaign?
The plan is 10 chapters + epilogue chapter. The story cannot go on forever, it would get boring and repetitive and I don't want it to become a soap opera campaign.
axds123 wrote:Chapter seems to work fine the demons are overpowered i think when you have them with 50-2 attack at level 5 base units in first scenario
Powerful items drop a lot, you get tons of exp, your units get lots of advancements, impossibly strong enemies are the only way to counter this (and by the way, that 50-2 attack is not possessed by all demons, just some of them have it, their properties are quite randomised, there are thousands of possibilities for each kind of demon).
are you sure chapter 8 is finished played till chapter 14 then said unknown scenario
You have that version from that server I used for beta testing? I have not updated it with the final version, it's just on the official 1.10 and 1.11 server. I will add it to that server as well, to make it stable. Thanks for the testing.
miniardians wrote:More high-level enemies please, like lv. 9 Demons and higher.
If you'll wait, you'll see them in the next chapter.
miniardians wrote:I have about 14 uber troops (Elder Mages, Elvish Assassins, Celestial Messenger, several Destroyers, Battle Mages), but facing Dark Lethalia's illusions, even fully equipped I'm just about having hard times and could pass it only by luck (the real Dark Lethalia attack Efraim that equipped with Doombringer and vanquished by pure chance) at hard difficulty.
Decreased their number by 1 per turn for all versions in 2.4.0, now I decreased her hp. It is still too bad?
miniardians wrote:Also, can you reduce the number redeem needs to advance? I mean, really, Lethalia needs more than 500+ turns to reach Particle Storms, and it's headaching enough.
Made this exponential increase more slowly. It was increasing by 50% with each degree, now it increases by 33%.
miniardians wrote:Another request : more item set please. Beside Rheraent's Set, Reaper's Set and Shadowwalker's Set.
I recently added a fourth set, but I was already told to add some. It needs a bit of brainstorming though, I don't want these effects to be too repetitive.
miniardians wrote:Perhaps put more available stats when several sets equipped to one character?
You set effects between item sets? That is against the conception, a complete set is pretty strong, two sets are really strong, and effects between them would be really overpowered.

Although the number of changes is not very high, I have made from it a new version, 2.4.1.
Last edited by Dugi on December 2nd, 2012, 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Probably worth mentioning that 1.11.1 hasn't come out yet, much less 1.11.2.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

So I meant 1.11.0, I must have misread something or I had too vivid dreams of reading stuff on these forums.
Mentioned it in the post above.
Brilliand

Post by Brilliand »

I notice that secondary kills due to Whirlwind or Cleave (or anything else that deals splash damage) don't give experience or (I think?) Soul Eater credit. That puts a real damper on their usefulness, since using them to mop up wounded units wastes XP (particularly under the circumstances I first used Whirlwind, attacking a high-health unit with three low-health enemies nearby).
You are a Dark Adept: you dimmerse yourself in the dark arts...potentially with great rewards....
-JW's personality quiz
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

It was formerly giving exp, but it was giving incredible amounts of exp then, making you advance too many times, several times per scenario, getting full healing all the time. It was a monopoly attack then.
If it does not give experience, it motivates you either to use it to destroy the primary target and to weaken the remaining ones, or in emergency.

In chapter 7 and later, it is obligatory in some cases, but the difficulty is so high that you will have to use it. There are also many area of effect spells that focus on slow rather than killing, to make the enemies easier to face.
alex23

Post by alex23 »

I just wanted to mention that the redeem of preserved lichs was alot more useful than the spirit absorb attack of demigods as it is extreeeeemly annoying to lvl it up...
Naron

Post by Naron »

Dugi, I made ​​a joke about the number of chapters. It is obvious that it is impossible to go on forever.
I understand that Efraim and Lethalia will become demi-gods. I'd like to see them become even gods. It would be very cool. :D
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@alex23 In 2.4.1, I have made it grow faster. Its main advantage is that if developed, it can kill also very strong units, and the disadvantage is obvious, but I intentionally made it hard to get because many advancements of it are very strong.

@Naron
Chapters and story cannot go on forever, but scenarios can. If you have played the end of chapter 8, you would see what I possibly meant.
If you want to see them become gods, you'll have to wait for epilogue :)
t3st3r

Post by t3st3r »

Dugi wrote:
t3st3r wrote:1) On 09_The_Den_of_Evil.cfg map AI turns were painfully slow
On the last version, I have reduced the number of the units, but only of those coming from forward. Those coming back from you were supposed to make the fight harder, you were not supposed to block them with a clever trick. Also, to accelerate the AI's turn, I have put a fog of war there (but it cannot reduce the nuisance caused by the units that you have blocked).
You see, AI blocks my walking further here and there, placing tough units in narrow passages. While it may be not intentional, it happens all the time (due to specific map design, etc). And even explosive damage does not cleans up passages for a while. So I could easily get stuck for several turns. It's quite obvious that I can use the very same (mis)feature against AI as well. Whole gameplay at this map suggests it and AI stupidity in wounded units rotation makes it even more reasonable.

But really problem is that first units at my tail appear when you're far away. And then more and more AI teams join that. This implies there could and will be literally hundreds of units on map before they have chance to face my back. Probably I can have part of army marching back to eliminate nasties but map design implies that I rather rush forward. Such amount of units is doomed to take a lot of time when AI makes it's turn.
Dugi wrote:
t3st3r wrote:2) 12_The_Last_Enemy.cfg has been a way too hard for me on normal level. Too much fakes spawns each turn.
I have decreased their quantity in the latest version. I have also decreased her hitpoints now.
I haven't been clear enough in the help, I meant that you should use units with high precision on fake ones, and units with slow against her to avoid taking too much damage from her.
Right. And btw even my best warriors can't last long vs fakes. You may also want to give player a hint in objectives to kill fakes asap. Else they would be too numerous to cope and will decimate player's army. Which is nice to have later :).

Ah, btw: In chapter 8 on 05_Investigations.cfg I haven't really got it how to win in fair way (i.e. without using debug). The problem is: when I about to enter Thortoron house, I have to walk from bushes to house. When I do so, I lose remaining movement (due to capturing village). Then I can't run to bushes, obviously. Then, some nasty guard always spawns and pops up right at my location and detects me (even if there was no guards who can reach me). So I lose. Maybe guards should not detect me when I'm standing in house I have to visit? It's not my guilt I can't run away after capturing village, right?
alex23

Post by alex23 »

[clear_shroud] is not supported, 1 scenario chapter 6, directly before the lich (very end)
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@t3st3r Seems I will have to rewrite the whole scenario Den of Evil, seems it was just too bad.
About 'The Last Enemy' scenario, the help suggests that her illusions must be destroyed all costs.
About 'Investigations', okay, I have made you undetectable also in the villages you have to visit (but not on other villages), but not uploaded it yet. I would like to know if you tried to eliminate the guards first, as help suggests, if you didn't, I'll not upload that change, because you haven't tried your best (note: you can step one move back after attacking, so you can attack from bushes quite efficiently).

@alex23
That's strange, the only invocation of [clear_shroud] in that scenario was when she met Efraim. What was the exact destription of the problem? When exactly did it happen?
alex23

Post by alex23 »

That was the whole description, only one sentence.. maybe it hapenned earlier and i noticed it only very late..
And I had that immortality bug with a bandit, but that was veeeery long ago, maybe in chapter 3 or something... i only remeber that i was fighting in snow probably against humans, [maybe vampires (sry for the bad information i really dont remember])
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Silly me, it should have been remove_shroud, not clear_shroud, :lol2: . Will be fixed in the next version.
alex23

Post by alex23 »

ah and another bug I completely forgot about: if someone drinks a potion and then another one, both affects are applied (logical), buit the first potion apears on the ground (is "unequipped"). It works everytime (or mostly) as long as the affect of a potion is shown(the glowing sword on the upperleft corner)...
And potions have even one more bug: SOmetimes(maybe always), if you pick up a potion into the storage the affect is still applied(pretty cool actually)

EDIT right now i am playing with a Phantom and he has an axe and!! the holy sword equiped. The attacked is buffed only by the axe but he is loyal with light aura etc from holy sword.. pretty funny but i think thats not what you wanted. maybe its because of a)holy sword written wrong b) wirlwind attack