Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

AxalaraFlame

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by AxalaraFlame »

Bro, last chapter, a bug is spotted:
未命名.JPG
By the time I have already killed the dark queen. But I just cannot win. why?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@AxalaraFlame In theory, she should start possessing her units, until you drain her spiritual power, but it seems something went wrong there. It worked for me, but some things might have changed. Can you please send me the save file? But how could it happen that you finished it with Efraim with no weapons and only one piece of armour? And no units around? Did you use debug mode? If yes, then:
Don't read if you didn't cheat.:
@ Iry If you think that also mass soul eater from multi-target attacks would be overpowered, then okay, adding it would be quite difficult anyway.
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

I have removed LotI and all LotI saves already. This is but a bug I found a week before, but forgot to report it. This campaign is too complicated for me. It is so complex that I don't think there is any point keeping it anymore.

Elfraim do have a lot of stuff, but I made him discard many items on the ground everywhere and exchange with Lethlia's, because I was so boring (after killed the boss, I just don't win, so I did some mad things around).
The boss was killed by a lv3 black-ulf. I cornered her at the edge of the wall in the left side. She keeps swarming dark HIs all the time, and that time she made a fatal mistake, get a black HI, and blocked her own way. After morally wounded her by incinerating her for several turns (it was not working well, though), I trapped her, badly leeched her, and slowed her by my wife and led a black-Ulf to finish her once and for all.

Besides, check your "incinerating" weapon specials. My wife got incinerated for a little while, and she keeps losing 10 hp each turn even if I put her in a village(shydes are not working, dunno). I guess this is a bug as well because you describe it as "...unless removed by healer or a village" et cetera.
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

Dugi, I redownload it and tried reporduce this bug by debug mode, but it is not really different.
the reason of this bug is clear now:
未命名.JPG
As you can see, the Dark Lethilia could be pushed "into" the wall, if I cornered her and killed her before she totally perishes. "Inside" the wall, she does not have any movement points, thus I can never win.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Okay, I'll have to make sure she units won't appear in walls. A big thanks for figuring it out.

It's strange you decided it was overcomplicated after playing it for several weeks. You probably haven't played many other games or something, try Neverwinter Nights 2 and you'll see what is complicated...

And about that incineration, I'll have a look at that, there might be an error, thanks for reporting this.
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

No, I mean, for a wesnoth scale add-on, it is overcomplicated.

Besides, I am already assured that incineration is a bug. Check it, healers and villages do not remove it.
Another issue is that LotI makes wesnoth running very very very slow. I need to wait minutes for each turn, so I finally lost my interest (patience) comtinuing it. Do you have any ideas bout acclerating the gameplay? :hmm:

A final problem is you made hundreads of typos in these chapters. I cannot name them specifically, but there are some examples like "thread" as "threat", "erd" as "erdo", et cetera. Do some spell checks bro. :)
mousyack

Post by mousyack »

Chapter 7, "The last enemy" seems impossible on hard. You cannot reduce the amount of fake copies because they simply spawn faster then you can destroy them. When I tried my best to destroy the real one, I managed to get her below 400 HP by hitting her with all I have during 2 turns. But then it turs out that after 7 new fake copies are created, one of them (in my case – the one that's the most far away from me) is assigned to be real – not the same one that was real on the previous turn. And so this real instance is separated from be by half a dozen fake ones, and I simply cannot kill them to get to the real one because most of my units are dead by now.

This seems ho happen no matter what you do, there's just too many of them.
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

Spam lv1s is my strategy to counter dark lethalia. I dunno what is the hard part dealing with them, but most of them are fake ones and don't hurt you if you can get them. Besides, attacking them usually gives valunable exp but don't necessarily require your units to suck damage. If they dodge, you missed, 25 exp earned anbyway; if you get her, she either die or disappear, still 25 exp earned. Few turns later, your units simply become stronger, while you keep spamming lv1s to suck exp.
There is only one way for the illusions to kill you, that is block all their way and miss an attack, been forced to take great damage. I did not intend to block them because I actually used them to farm exp.
mousyack

Post by mousyack »

But during their turn they will kill off level-1 spam faster than you can produce it.

Edit: your mage has 70% chance to kill an illusion, while it has 91% chance to kill your mage. On top of that, they spawn at a rate of 7 per turn while you can only recruit 6. So the math is clearly against you.
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

seems so, but I won with that simple strategy before. I only played it normal before and I did not leave any saves. which difficulty are you currently playing?

The hard part of this scenerio I feel is that dark lethila might switch from one to another again and again, even if you have determined which one is true and blocked her.
mousyack

Post by mousyack »

As I said, I'm playing on hard.

I guess you also had one or two keeps powerful units, didn't you? Otherwise I don't see how you can win with only level-1 spam: you and the enemy have equal amount of units. but enemy has higher chance to kill.
jpaulson

Post by jpaulson »

At the beginning of "Toxic Sun", all of Efraim's items had disappeared, but Lethalia's were still equipped. Efraim's items were not in my inventory, just gone (as far as I can tell).

The ability "penetrates" (which Efraim and Lethalia are given) does not grant the ability to attack again, which seems to contradict it's description (and make it rather pointless).
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

No, I mean, for a wesnoth scale add-on, it is overcomplicated.
It is. But I didn't mean it to be a usual campaign, rather a hybrid between an RPG and a strategy game, having as many features as possible from both.
Besides, I am already assured that incineration is a bug. Check it, healers and villages do not remove it.
I have checked it. Villages removed it, some healers didn't. I fixed the problem with healers, but it will not act retrospectively.
Another issue is that LotI makes wesnoth running very very very slow. I need to wait minutes for each turn, so I finally lost my interest (patience) comtinuing it. Do you have any ideas bout acclerating the gameplay?
I do. I have managed to accelerate it (not all cases, sometimes, there is just many enemies, and the actual problem is an ineffectiveness of the AI). But it is actually the reason why I am not updating for some time, this was a severe overhaul of a few things and it simply needs more testing (although it seems to work).
A final problem is you made hundreads of typos in these chapters. I cannot name them specifically, but there are some examples like "thread" as "threat", "erd" as "erdo", et cetera. Do some spell checks bro.
I am using spell check, by the way, but simply when you are writing a dialogue for two hours, your vision will blur. I will check it, try to report them if you find them again.
This seems ho happen no matter what you do, there's just too many of them.
Decreased their number by 1 on all difficulties. The point of this campaign is not to annoy people and give them a hard time trying to figure out a way trick it.
At the beginning of "Toxic Sun", all of Efraim's items had disappeared, but Lethalia's were still equipped. Efraim's items were not in my inventory, just gone (as far as I can tell).
Really... Fixed, but again, I cannot release the fix now because I have added also the fix for the speed, and it can use problems.
The ability "penetrates" (which Efraim and Lethalia are given) does not grant the ability to attack again, which seems to contradict it's description (and make it rather pointless).
It is not pointless. It does not work as you think, though. If there is a lot of weak enemies separating you from their leader, you can kill one, take his place, and proceed, and the enemies will not occupy that place again preventing you from proceeding.

Chapter 8 update: 9 scenarios written.
jpaulson

Post by jpaulson »

It is not pointless. It does not work as you think, though. If there is a lot of weak enemies separating you from their leader, you can kill one, take his place, and proceed, and the enemies will not occupy that place again preventing you from proceeding.
OK, that makes sense! I just misunderstood the ability description. Maybe it could read "This unit gains 1 movement after attacking, allowing it to slowly progress through ranks of weak enemies" or something like that.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Okay, done, not updated again.