Heir to the Throne - Plunging into the Darkess problem

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
riz

Heir to the Throne - Plunging into the Darkess problem

Post by riz »

WINDOWS 1.10.4
Hi - have recently discovered this game and am loving it but have a problem with the above scenario. The thing doesnt finish, even when I have moved the characters to the dwarves! I know that this problem has been raised before but, no I havent got shrouds turned off or have done anything in debug mode at all. Driving me nuts ....
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Re: Heir to the Throne - Plunging into the Darkess problem

Post by zookeeper »

You mean the dialogue with the dwarves never happens, or that the scenario doesn't end afterwards?

If the former, then that really shouldn't be possible unless you have the "delay shroud updates" option toggled on. If it's really not on but the dialogue still doesn't happen (for whatever reason I can't think of), then I'd just suggest replaying the scenario (it's not that long, anyway), and maybe saving before you reach the dwarves so you can repeat it necessary. The dialogue should trigger when you move so that any of the dwarves becomes visible to you.

If the latter, then you can use the debug mode command :n to skip to the next scenario (not sure what happens to your gold carryover in that case, though). Or you can post savefile and someone can fix it.
riz

Post by riz »

Thanks for that. The shroud thing was definately on and no matter how many times I restarted the same thing happened - the event was not triggered.
So I used the command :n which worked like a dream, thanks!
aZu

Post by aZu »

Hey so I've reached the same bug in this scenario and it always crashes my Wesnoth. Here is the info:

Wesnoth Version: 1.11.0, English
Problem walkthrough: As soon as one of the units gets in range of the dwarves, the dialogue begins with no problems. However, right after the message saying that I can now recruit Gryphon Riders appears, the game immediately crashes.

Attached are both the closest auto-save file and the backtrace. Thanks.
Attachments
Crash Backtrace.rtf
Backtrace
(41.88 KiB) Downloaded 171 times
HttT-Plunging_into_the_Darkness-Auto-Save7.gz
Autosave
(90.33 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
JaMiT
Inactive Developer

Post by JaMiT »

aZu wrote:Hey so I've reached the same bug in this scenario and it always crashes my Wesnoth.
Since the bug in this thread is about a scenario not finishing (i.e. the dialogue you get does not begin) and your bug is a crash (after the dialogue starts), I'm guessing you replied to the wrong topic? Perhaps you meant to reply to bug in the Heir_To_The_Throne campaign, which does appear to be the same bug? (At least it's more similar. I forget the exact sequence of events for that dialogue.) The good news is that that bug is fixed in trunk.
aZu

Post by aZu »

Yeah I should be there thanks. I never post thing to the right places haha...