Strange Legacy - 1.16 RPG World (Markets Upgrade)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Heindal

Re: Strange Legacy - 0.90 Wesnoth Trading Sim

Post by Heindal »

Meeeh.

I uploaded the version 0.92 containing following bug fixes:

- banditcamp and monstercamp desert mission should work now - and they do I just tested that
- embedded a secret option for betatesters in the thieves guild
- 'golden end bug' solved - I changed the game back to how it was - you start with 100 gold + your bonus
(the traders indeed starts with 200 + 100 Startgold)
- made some changes to the magic animation (one step back)

Some monsters don't give a bounty. Thats intended. However - the potions work as intended and buying and selling works has intended too, so I can't follow the bug reports of AfterDawn.

Edit: Ah - now I see. It seems to be a problem with the amla path. Every time you level up you can make your choice which attribute you want to upgrade. This is done by giving your character a specific ability (as you unfortunately can't set game attributes directly in amla :(), which should be deleted after the stats are changed. But it seems that this ability stays active and is not deleted - even though I'm 'telling' this ability to disappear. I still can't find out what went wrong with the wine, as I bought and sold wine with a profit without problems. Before the next update I will try to make annother playround choosing the trader or something and do some hardcore trading testing.
Last edited by Heindal on August 13th, 2012, 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

Bugreport:

The ring of poison immunity doesn't make me immune to poison. :augh:

What exactly does the helmet of vision do? I got the impression it removed fog and/or shroud, which it doesn't. If that's what it's supposed to do, it doesn't work.

Whenever I change what armour I'm wearing I get full health.

Still a great campaign. :D
Spoiler:
Sorta on a break from the forums ATM, have been for a while. If I was doing something for/with you and I haven't recently, that's why, I will be back soon hopefully.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

I will attach a complete list with all items that you can find within the game. I made a lot so that you are still able to uncover things.
If you want to find it out all by yourself don't click the spoilerbutton - I also add the comment on TheScribes bugreports).

The armor however - I think I once saw that myself, but quickly forgot about it because I did not have an idea how to solve that :annoyed:.

Spoiler:

Edit: The "EQUIPABILITYGIVINGOBJECT" is buggy. I will need to define the ability given manually within the macro or changing the abilities.
This causes all Rings and Amulet with abilities not to work. I will fix them with the next update. Solved.
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
Heindal

Re: Strange Legacy - 0.93 Wesnoth Trading Sim

Post by Heindal »

Version 0.93

bugfixes:

- Randomloot Bug
- levelup bug
- repaired ability giving objects (Ring of Poison Immunity and so on)
- repaired Monsternest
- repaired graphics
- changed and improved encounters
- repaired additional building options
- repaired gossip and caves
- repaired waterupgrade and big maps (might still be buggy)
- changed the armor macro - it will now just give a constant resistance for all damage types, therefore the resistance of all armor has been reduced
- changed and repaired object macros - objects now require a specific attribute, so you just can buy some if you have the stats required.

new elements:

- additional weapons for speed, strength and dexterity available
- fleescroll and several kinds of foods as consumable
- treasuremaps are now consumable items and can be used from the consumable menu
- around 12 new spells: lifesteal, convince, befriend, frostlance, fleespell, teleportaway unit and several weaponbuff spells
- furniture for uncles house
- upgraded junkstore, it buys even goods and each map has at least one junkstore in the main cities
- crafting, smithing, cooking skill that allow you to produce different goods
- new icons for quests and many new graphics
- two new goods (dragonleather, mithril)
- spellstores for each of the races
- 2 new scenarios (one exploreable dungeon in a well know place :whistle: and a traditional rpg like graveyard)
- additional building options - grow cattle, build net, wine/beerfeast, secrets
- around 8 new monsters and additional monster graphics (different rat and wolf types + some strange beeings)
- additional ways to escape an encounter (paying, loosing all goods, fleescroll)

And many more details I might have forgotten. As you see there is still a lot of to do and I must say its very hard to test it all on myself, so I highly appreciate bugreports or a list of things that appeared to be strange when playing. Ah by the way the "goldbug" couldn't be solved (if you have less than 100 gold and enter a new map it will be automatically set to 100). I tried to different approaches to solve that problems, but after two hours and changing all scenarios in this game for three times I gave it up for this update.

Future updates planed:
- 1-2 experience for each achievement (or maybe for each achievement one experience point more) which will allow you to advance your character without fighting (for the more peaceful characters)
- spell macros for harming, transformation and summoning spells
- transformation spells (transform your character into annother beeing and back - coding is done, testing not yet done but looks very fine so far)
- city attack mission (so far its a little bit lame to conquer a city)
- storyelements (chapter 4 - 10 final missions and an epic final battle)
- blocking special for shields
- inner cities
- addtional scout missions
Last edited by Heindal on September 4th, 2012, 4:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

- new dungeons
What exactly do you mean by this?
Sorta on a break from the forums ATM, have been for a while. If I was doing something for/with you and I haven't recently, that's why, I will be back soon hopefully.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Well, lets say one new dungeon (new exploreable map) and annother scenario. Both are secrets and I will not talk about that. The players have to find out themselves. Unfortunately I added no new story elements.
nickg4000

Post by nickg4000 »

Hi

BoW 1.10.3
Latest Strange Legacy version: downloaded 8/9/2012
Similar to an earlier bug:

I'm losing space in my cart whenever I find products. The products don't appear in the cart and I can't give them away when held up so the space gets less.
Anyway round this as a temporary fix by changing values in the data files?

Enjoying the game otherwise

Thanks
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Hi nickg4000,

thanks for playing and reporting.

I just checked that, it should work with the latest update 0.93 - I uploaded this last week.
(i generated 5 boxes that contained a randomproduct, took it up and sold the goods in the market. That worked fine.)

I don't know if you used an american date or if you downloaded the version yesterday. If you downloaded it yesterday I unfortunetly can't help you.
It appears that the wml randomgenerator, sometimes just generates an empty variable. So an empty variable is raised by 'one' while your space is reduced by one as well (filled with dust :lol2:).

In version 0.92 I had a problem with the luck stat. If your luckstat was between 2-4 it didn't load anything :hmm:. Note that you can not sell goods in every kind of market. Some places will just be unlocked if you have the necessary fame! You can not sell diamonds on the food market! Check the Junkstores all around the world, they buy everything, even though for discount prices. One Junkstore is located in the Capital, so enter the town and enter the 'slums'.

Also check your diary option 'Your Economy'. The cargo is listed there.

Well at least I managed to pull of the transform spells and embedded them in my version already. So there will be an update with around 15 new spells, allowing you to transform into a bear, a bat, a cute rabbit or an angel or summon elementals as well as demons. There will also be the option to throw away goods and equipment.

Kind regards and have fun

Heindal
Into-Jesus

Post by Into-Jesus »

On the opening map you can buy several different houses. Right now, they're represented by villages. My suggestion is to make them overlays, like the temple with the scroll, so you don't lose all your movement whenever you come back to the map from an encounter or entering the Capitol.

And if you wanted, I could fix punctuation and grammar.
"The problem with Internet quotes is that you can never tell when they're true." - Ben Franklin

On Wesbreak
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

This would give me some extra work as I would like to make them some kind of special images, but I could replace the buyable buildings.
But towns should stay a to give traders a little drawback. Trading has always been to overpowered, well except for the diamond mine :hmm:.

You could help me with the mainline campaign. If you find any punctation problems tell me. The apostrophs are a problem. You can not use them as text, otherwise some messages will break. The mainline developers use ’ instead and I just don't like that.
nickg4000

Post by nickg4000 »

Hi Heindal

I've attached some scenarios and utils file with spelling corrections and occassional rewordings. I hope you don't mind.
There's also a text file with a bug list, some suggestions and the most common spelling errors.
I've left the American spellings although I'm English.
My wife is German with very good English but mein Deutsch ist nicht so gut, so I really appreciate what you have done in a non-native tongue, and am looking forward to the next part of the story...
WARNING - Have just read your last post about apostrophes so I may have to recheck everything - although it does seem to allow them with what I have checked so far!
It also gives me an excuse to start again with a new character and write down errors as I go.

Nick
Attachments
TraderSpellingCorrections.tar.gz
(141.64 KiB) Downloaded 475 times
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Thanks for your work nickg4000.

Also in the name of into jesus :wink:, you probably have saved him some time.

The apostrophes are not such a big deal, I can replace them automatically using find and replace options.
I kind of forgot it the last time. But I can look up for 's and replace that one by one. Should take some minutes.
My stories in German are better, but you can reach much more people using English and the german readers hardly comment.

@all

So far I made for the new version:

- added Five Fates Transform spells
(+ repaired transform spell, as you will now get the abilities of the animals - regeneration as bear, illuminate as angel, flee as hare and so on)
- around 10 new Summon spells - you can even summon 4 different kinds of elementals, each one with unique properties
- added several kind furniture such as gardens, dimensionrift (every household should have one), desk and an amazing zombiemaid (with a cool picture ^_^)
- created a trap macro that allows you to create an infinite number of traps with changing animations, effects and sounds
(I will post and explain that later in a seperate thread)
- three kind of monster nests and bandit camp maps - so every mission will be different

- I'm currently working on chapter 4, so far I'd say it will be published next month, its not just a final showdown, there will be much more.
nickg4000

Post by nickg4000 »

Hi again

I haven't had any problems playing through with apostrophes in the dialogue. I'm using 1.10.3 and maybe the problem has been fixed now.

Have a few more bugs and a couple of fixes:

Bug: First "Orcish Outpost" assault has Orcish Outpost? written at 1,17 so I suppose it's carrying it over from The North map somehow...
-----------------------
Bugs: Sometimes...
Money doubles
Goods quantity double even without enough space
Fame reduces drastically, possibly divided by 10 e.g. 3600 -> 360!
-------------------------------------
Bug
Algae not increasing on cart when bought so can't be used in Your Oven but can be resold...?!
Fix
townsandplaces.cfg lines 1991, 2099, 4062: algea needs to be changed to algae.
------------------------------------
Fix:
Bandit Camp Desert not working properly:
When an enemy is killed it's displaying too high a number of kills e.g. 13 of 5, so when all are dead you don't complete the mission.

Entered at line 115 of banditcampdesert:

[set_variable]
name=killedenemies
value=0
[/set_variable]

- Fixed problem

You also only get 1000gp rather than the 2000 promised - I'm not sure what was the right amount. No fame is generated here (don't know whether it should be?)
--------------------------------------
Fix:
buyablebuildings.cfg Line 606 should be: name=craftingskill -not cratingskill otherwise you always fail to upgrade your cart.
--------------------------------------
Fix?

The perfectmeat recipe in Your Oven wants steak.png as its icon but this is missing. This could be changed to perfectmeat.png ... or ratburger.png!
From story.cfg Line 2141

Cheers

Nick
Last edited by nickg4000 on September 17th, 2012, 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Thanks again! I already solved other bugs like that I found myself, for example some broken images, crafting issues and the double enemy city in the north.

Thats why apreciate your beta testing and I already fixed all the problems you mentioned (I knew the problems with the label, but now I have an idea how to solve that). I will upload a bugfix (0.94) soon alltogether with the new features, which should be fun to use.

There is by the way a difference between the apostrophe ` and '. This sign: ' is part of asci and doesn't needs additional coding, thats why I used that.
nickg4000

Post by nickg4000 »

I've just edited my previous post (bandit camp part) and I didn't see you'd replied. (Hadn't refreshed the screen before editing)

Didn't realise I had a ` and a ' and not sure of the difference - took me a while to find the first on my keyboard as I've never used it before...

Cheers