Descent into Darkness Question

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Kraken79

Descent into Darkness Question

Post by Kraken79 »

Okay, so I was playing the Campaign DiD, and I got to the end where there are all of the 'Foolish Heroes', and I was wondering if it ever ends? I would love to see the laurels around the picture and the name on the list of Campaigns. :D Soo... Does it ever end? Or does it keep going on until Malin finally cant stand up to them anymore and he dies? o.o
lipk

Re: Descent into Darkness Question

Post by lipk »

In order to win that scenario you have to... die. Then you'll get your laurels.
Ceres
Forum Regular

Post by Ceres »

I want to add that you have to beat the scenario once (if you let Malin die right away you'll lose).
Kraken79

Post by Kraken79 »

Ah.... I guess that makes sense, he being evil and all, so I guess it's a decent end. Thanks for the help! :)
UnwiseOwl

Post by UnwiseOwl »

Ceres wrote:I want to add that you have to beat the scenario once (if you let Malin die right away you'll lose).
Is this a recent change? Last time I did DiD I deliberately suicided immediately once I got to those levels but I'm pretty sure I got my laurels. That would have been with 1.9.10.
Maintainer of the Imperial Era and the campaigns Dreams of Urduk, Epic of Vaniyera, Up from Slavery, Fall of Silvium, Alfhelm the Wise and Gali's Contract.
But perhaps 'maintainer' is too strong a word.
Ceres
Forum Regular

Post by Ceres »

UnwiseOwl wrote:Is this a recent change? Last time I did DiD I deliberately suicided immediately once I got to those levels but I'm pretty sure I got my laurels. That would have been with 1.9.10.
I'm not sure, I vaguely remember losing when I tried to get Malin killed immediately in 1.8 or 1.9. Anyway, in 1.10 you lose when you die right away..
Relevant code fragment:
anonamouse

Post by anonamouse »

The first time you play that scenario you lose if Malin dies.
After that If you Dies the campaign ends and you win.
But if you keep winning the scenario you will play again and again.
Theoretically you could keep on winning that scenario forever.
But the enemy side gains 200(or 400) gold each time the scenario is played , so I dought you could do it forever.

Also Malin Keshar appears in a addon campaign called "Invasion from the unknown"
perseo

Post by perseo »

Well... I managed to repeat the scenario about 6 times using nightgaunts and shades... but finally I couldn't wait enough time to the rivel leader to stop recruiting so they reached Malin before I kill him.
"I was pulling a barrow, when I saw a stalking horse
what a beautiful day!- he said- for visiting a red herring
and getting hoarse."
Working on this campaign: The septentrional tower
HomerJ

Post by HomerJ »

So, in principle, you can move to the south east and defend the last part of that tunnel with a 3 hex opening. If your army is good enough, you can play like that forever and get upgraded necrophages with 200hp+. There is also a place around the lonely east cave village which you can defend with the right amount of troops. You will however go deep negative in gold and need to leader solo some missions to gain gold again. To do that put Malin on the mentioned village and zap everything that comes.

Greetz
HomerJ
Six years without a signature!