The Elemental Sword feedback (under development)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

charlieh65
Translator

The Elemental Sword feedback (under development)

Post by charlieh65 »

Can you download my first campaign from the add-on server and post your suggestions and likes/dislikes. I really need to know that if I'm going to continue on my campaign. It's called The Elemental Sword.I expect comments soon.
Last edited by charlieh65 on July 7th, 2012, 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
TheScribe

Re: Campaign feedback

Post by TheScribe »

This belongs under the Add-On Feedback section.
Sorta on a break from the forums ATM, have been for a while. If I was doing something for/with you and I haven't recently, that's why, I will be back soon hopefully.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

TheScribe wrote:This belongs under the Add-On Feedback section.
And the name of the add-on should be specified in the title of the topic, or nobody would find it.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

TheScribe wrote:This belongs under the Add-On Feedback section.
This doesn’t apply for work-in-progress campaigns, and the future of the Add-ons Feedback section is uncertain at the moment.

The best procedure would be to edit this topic’s first post and set the subject and body accordingly, because as it is right now no-one would be able to find it when searching for the campaign’s name.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

Oh, I missed the fact that it was in progress. Sorry.

Incidentally, I'll try to test the campaign soon.
Sorta on a break from the forums ATM, have been for a while. If I was doing something for/with you and I haven't recently, that's why, I will be back soon hopefully.
Gambrous

Post by Gambrous »

what's the campaign name? I'll give it a whirl.

Gambrous
WanderingHero

Re: The Elemental Sword feedback (under development)

Post by WanderingHero »

THE Elemental Sword. Make sure you look under T
WanderingHero

Post by WanderingHero »

Tried it out.

First Scenario.. I think you have an excessive amount of recruit slots, and the ai of the left lich seems off (he would randomly move his units left rather than advancing). It also semes odd that an inviceable army only has enough gold for 2 recruits turns... Its pretty easy and drags a bit, but mostly does its story purpose.

Don't have any special comments about Scenario 2 it just seems like the standard bandit fight.

For the 3rd battle scenario, why are on earth does your archer stat right next to the orc leader?

And debugging forward the next scenario doesn't seem to make any sense, though I figure its a work in progress.

Storywise: The writing in the intro seems... off, and a little childish. And you could use commas a bit more. The dialogue in most scenarios is passable, though for the story only one, well read over it again and you'll notice its rather abrupt at times. Also the line ""think good before you do your move"" needs serious fixing.

Gameplay wise I'm wonder about why you have lV2 recruits instead of lv1.

Edit 1:Also I never finished Under The Burning Sun, was the land really rich enough for regular feasts after the campaign was done?

Edit 2: Oh and did you make the portraits yourself? They are well done
charlieh65
Translator

Post by charlieh65 »

First of all, thank you for your feedback WanderingHero.

I will try to fix the problems in the first scenario.In the third scenario I don't see what do you mean. There is no orc leader. The fourth scenario really is under development.Also I am not an American (I'm from Croatia) so I can't write the story good. If somebody wants to help me with that he should reply in this post.

About lvl 2 recruits- I put lvl 2 recruits only in first scenario but maybe it is my mistake so I will look into that.

Edit 1:Yes ,they had. If you ever played addon The Soujournings of Grog you would know. Try it, it's easy and fun.
Edit 2:I didn't make the portaits myself. I am now searching an another portrait for Sheldon because I think this one is too small.
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
zhun-ji

Post by zhun-ji »

played the first 3 scenarios, up to now i say it's ok storywise, not great... and as someone already mentioned before, the texts are quite off (syntax, orthography, etc.)
and can't seem to finish the 3rd, while the objective said to move sheldon to the signpost, and the signpost is not within the playing field...
or was it just me being dumb? i mean it's a work in progress and you probably left it this way intentionally, right?
~J`