The Onslaught - Orcish Incursion type of gameplay

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

JvampleR

The Onslaught - Orcish Incursion type of gameplay

Post by JvampleR »

A campaign I have made inspired by ideas from a story book and the Campaign, Orcish Incursion.
Needs some advice and balancing but till now, one difficulty and all of the scenarios are playable

Critic and any bugs can be posted here please

The Story is that you would play as a young man named William as he travels to meet the King to request help to save his village. However, he faces many problems along the way including bats, bandits and a huge orcish invasion. Will he prevail? its up to you to see his fate to the end.

12 planned scenarios. 6 completed
Novice Level with only Easy difficulty

Progress:
7_ Treasure_Hunters : Complete
8_Ghost_of_the_Past : Complete
9_The_Sword_of_Flames : Doing at the moment
10_The_Fortress : Planned but incomplete
11_No_Escape : Planned but incomplete
12_Epilogue : Planned but incomplete
Balancing : Incomplete
Bug fixing : Doing at the moment
Attachments
The_Onslaught.zip
Download here
(443.58 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
Last edited by JvampleR on June 22nd, 2012, 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Into-Jesus

Re: The Onslaught - Orcish Incursion type of gameplay

Post by Into-Jesus »

I played the first scenario. So far it's pretty fun, but the grammar could be better. The thief hiding in the house was good, and the dialouge wasn't run-on. Looks like a good campaign so far! :wink:
Attachments
TO-Massacre_replay.gz
The Onslaught - Aftermath Replay
(25.3 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
"The problem with Internet quotes is that you can never tell when they're true." - Ben Franklin

On Wesbreak
Into-Jesus

Post by Into-Jesus »

I just finished the next scenario. You might not want to give non-elvish units the dextrous ability, but other than that it's fun! :D
Attachments
TO-Bandit_Valley_replay.gz
The Onslaught - Bandit Valley Replay
(17.89 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
"The problem with Internet quotes is that you can never tell when they're true." - Ben Franklin

On Wesbreak
JvampleR

Post by JvampleR »

Well the dextrous units are to make gameplay more exciting as you would most likely want to keep them alive for the extra power :)
Into-Jesus

Post by Into-Jesus »

Okay, that makes sense. There was a problem with this scenario. :? When you kill the top bandit leader, he says "Hey there's some gold in his pockets!" I don't know who was supposed to say that, but I don't think it was him. And I don't know what happned there, but that may have been because I didn't kill him.
Attachments
TO-Town_of_the_Mages_replay.gz
The Onslaught - Town Of The Mages Replay
(26.57 KiB) Downloaded 131 times

On Wesbreak
JvampleR

Post by JvampleR »

Into-Jesus wrote:Okay, that makes sense. There was a problem with this scenario. :? When you kill the top bandit leader, he says "Hey there's some gold in his pockets!" I don't know who was supposed to say that, but I don't think it was him. And I don't know what happned there, but that may have been because I didn't kill him.
Interesting. Okay thanks for telling me

7th scenario is done and 8th is being made
Into-Jesus

Post by Into-Jesus »

The next scenario is harder. You might want to put a few more villages around Aethion, because after several turns he has no more gold. You also might want to let him get Longbowmen instead of just Bowmen, because he's getting mopped up by the Orcish Crossbowmen. And when you get the ability to recruit Spearmen, you might want to give Bowmen as well. Whew! I think that's it! It's really fun so far! I like the storyline, and the diversity in who you're fighting. It looks like you've put some time into this. Good job so far!

On Wesbreak
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

I just downloaded it. Looks really fun. :)
Sorta on a break from the forums ATM, have been for a while. If I was doing something for/with you and I haven't recently, that's why, I will be back soon hopefully.
Into-Jesus

Post by Into-Jesus »

Here's my replay! The forest near your keep needs to be thinned out, because at the beginning of the level you can't get your units to the enemy quickly enough. I also think you need more turns, because I only had 3 left. Other than that, it was a fun level!
Attachments
TO-The_Eastern_Assault_replay.gz
The Onslaught - The Eastern Assult Replay
(52.95 KiB) Downloaded 145 times

On Wesbreak
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

The first scenario was fun. The dialouge was interesting. I liked it.
Attachments
TO-Massacre_replay.gz
(25.18 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
Sorta on a break from the forums ATM, have been for a while. If I was doing something for/with you and I haven't recently, that's why, I will be back soon hopefully.
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

Second scenario was fun. Here's the replay. The turn limit could be higher, but that's not a problem.
Attachments
TO-Bandit_Valley.gz
(4.28 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
JvampleR

Post by JvampleR »

Good to know you are interested. The next release will come about in 3-7 days.
Includes making scenario 3 may playable , a little more dialogue and events. Also, 2 new scenarios are planned.
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

The third scenario was fun. The only problem was that you didn't know why you didn't win if you kill the two leaders before the highwaymaster came.

Incidentally you spelled highwaymaster "highwaymasters".
Attachments
TO-Town_of_the_Mages_replay.gz
(27.54 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
Into-Jesus

Post by Into-Jesus »

I finished this scenario, but after I hit "End Scenario", it came up with a game error, so I can't play the next scenario. I'll keep looking for the next version, but for now I can work on my own campaign! 8) It's really fun so far! Keep up the good work!
Attachments
Game Error
Game Error
TO-Saving_the_Mage_replay.gz
The Onslaught - Saving The Mage Replay
(44.26 KiB) Downloaded 119 times

On Wesbreak
JvampleR

Post by JvampleR »

Into-Jesus wrote:I finished this scenario, but after I hit "End Scenario", it came up with a game error, so I can't play the next scenario. I'll keep looking for the next version, but for now I can work on my own campaign! 8) It's really fun so far! Keep up the good work!
Found the error within the coding. ( Supposed to kill some units but ended up killing all )
Sorry about that.

However, you can still play the next scenario by going into debug and /n to the next scenario