Campaign Bug Issues

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

TheScribe

Campaign Bug Issues

Post by TheScribe »

I'm having trouble with a campaign I'm creating. When you reach the fourth scenario you get an error message: "Error while playing the game: game_error: creating unit with an empty type field"

This is the first scenario with some custom units, so that may be the problem. Does anybody know what's going wrong?
Sorta on a break from the forums ATM, have been for a while. If I was doing something for/with you and I haven't recently, that's why, I will be back soon hopefully.
mattsc
Inactive Developer

Re: Campaign Bug Issues

Post by mattsc »

If I remember correctly, this happens when you are trying to set up a side that is carried over from a previous scenario, but which, for some reason, doesn't have a leader (a unit with canrecruit=yes). It could mean that the leader has died in a previous scenario (or got stored in a variable). There are probably other possible causes also, you'll have to give us more information if you want more than semi-random guesses.
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

Here's the WML code for the scenario and the units. Yes, they are all in the right place and I have the pictures for them.

Before this level you had an AI ally that was labeled persistent. This level you don't have him anymore. Would that effect it?
Attachments
WMLCode.zip
(4.48 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
Sorta on a break from the forums ATM, have been for a while. If I was doing something for/with you and I haven't recently, that's why, I will be back soon hopefully.
lipk

Post by lipk »

No, it's way simpler... you have to either specify a unit type for each [side] or add no_leader=true. You haven't done any of that for side 3, so the error. (As a sidenote, I always set unrenamable=true for my hero units. Doesn't really make a difference, but thoroughness never hurts.)
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

That worked. Thanks!

I thought I did set unrenamable=true... I'll fix that.
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

I added another scenario after it and now it has an error message reading "Neted quoted string at core/macros/traits.cfg:8 included from core/_main.cfg:10 included from _main.cfg:7 included from ~add-ons/Infection/scenarios/5_Landing_Party.cfg:114 included from ~add-ons/Infection/_main.cfg:22"

I'm also getting a similar problem on my multiplayer campaign. Do you know what's wrong?
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

Here's the code:
Attachments
WMLCode.zip
(1.51 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
Ceres
Forum Regular

Post by Ceres »

Nested quoted string errors usually tell you that there's a quote missing somewhere. Notepad counted 37 quotes in your scenario, which can't be right and is most likely ther error's reason.

(Hint: line 66)
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

Fixed.

Now I feel dumb...
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

Thanks.