Does anybody know how to change these effects and limits?

Discussion of all aspects of the game engine, including development of new and existing features.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

AxalaraFlame

Does anybody know how to change these effects and limits?

Post by AxalaraFlame »

1. I wanna to redifine "fearless" trait. Though finally I found out a way to make a kinds of ability to reach a same effect, I still didn't find any files defined this trait's effect. Where is it?
2. How to break the limits of gold, sides and income in multiplayer mode? I failed to find these files either.
3. How to make a map-scenerio definition cfg. file, to simply break the limits of multiplayer game gold, sides and income, without finding the files and changing the limits?
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Re: Does anybody know how to change these effects and limits

Post by Sapient »

1. the ID "fearless" is a special trait ID that is recognized and handled in C++ code. Try searching the source for that keyword.
2. Use SideWML
3. Maybe I don't understand this question. If you mean the maximum slider values in the user interface, then that is controlled in the multiplayer user interface code (C++).
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

Sapient wrote:1. the ID "fearless" is a special trait ID that is recognized and handled in C++ code. Try searching the source for that keyword.
2. Use SideWML
3. Maybe I don't understand this question. If you mean the maximum slider values in the user interface, then that is controlled in the multiplayer user interface code (C++).

Sorry, maybe I did not express that clearly.
2. I only want to find these files which defined the limits of sides, income and gold
3. Well, I made a map and tried to make a map-scenerio file to define how much gold each side have. I found that even if I defined the unit type of a leader, the income and gold of a side, it will not work; instead, the leader will still be a random one, the maxium gold is still 800 and the maxium income is still +18 (For instance, I set a side which has 1200 gold and 50+income, when this map is tested this side will still have a maxium gold of 800 and 18+ income.)
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

Did you have the checkbox "Use Map Settings" enabled?
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

Sapient wrote:Did you have the checkbox "Use Map Settings" enabled?
? Does that has anything to say with the limits of them?
alexanderthegre

Post by alexanderthegre »

I don't know how to change the limits, but I might try a [gold] tag paired with an [event] name=start. I haven't tested it though.
The_Other

Post by The_Other »

If you do not select 'Use Map Settings', then the sliders for gold and income, and people's choices for factions and leaders, will override what you put in the scenario file.
Nothing is true; everything is permissible.
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

The_Other wrote:If you do not select 'Use Map Settings', then the sliders for gold and income, and people's choices for factions and leaders, will override what you put in the scenario file.
That's why I asked... :wink:
The_Other

Post by The_Other »

Sapient wrote:Did you have the checkbox "Use Map Settings" enabled?
AxalaraFlame wrote:Does that has anything to say with the limits of them?
So I explained that it does.
Nothing is true; everything is permissible.