I challenge you!

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Daravel

I challenge you!

Post by Daravel »

The time has come. The gauntlet is thrown, the die cast, the wits are pitted and the wiles are tested. The fury is unleashed, the rage is uncaged and the agony is burned (?).

Step up ye challenger! Pick up your mouse and lay your hands upon the board of keys. I challenge you, each and every one of you... To a duel!
Man on man, bare knuckled, unrestricted, lawless combat. 1 on 1 Wesnoth style duelling. let the RNG fall where it may.

State your name, state your preferred arena, state your timezone and I will attempt to accomodate each challenger! Manage to defeat me and I will sing a song of limerick about your fell deeds. Should you fail then the blow-by-blow account will be told here for the devouring of the merciless masses!

I pretend not to be a master in the art of war, nor can I recount tales of battle upon the numerous fields on Irdya, but here this, I will try and knock your block off all the same! I reside in the idyllic lands of EnglandShire and my time is precious yet not totally filled.

If I attain victory over all challengers I will be proclaimed "Lord of War".
Who dares stand against me?
AxalaraFlame

Re: I challenge you!

Post by AxalaraFlame »

I dare. However, it is up to you to pick arenas or eras. I will punch you to the ground if I can. :)
Daravel

Post by Daravel »

I am free today, for battle upon the hamlets.
alluton

Post by alluton »

As far as I know usually the challanged one can decide weapons which in this case means map and era.

edit: I might take up a challange aswell sometime.
"This game cured me of my real life addiction."
-Flameslash
Daravel

Post by Daravel »

I have not ever tried a different era; that could be an interesting challenge.
Dixie

Post by Dixie »

Although other eras are not necessarily balanced (especially beware Ageless!), and someone who picked an era could have a clear edge against you, knowing the loopholes and such.
Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny - Frank Zappa
Current projects: Internet meme Era, The Settlers of Wesnoth
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

Oh, damn. I have just climbed up form bed. It seems that we are at a different time zone. Are you still here?
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

I have been online for at least 6 hours today...I didnt see you once, or, you appeared but did not PM me. Can I declare I am the victorious side immediately? :twisted:
Daravel

Post by Daravel »

I am in the UK, so GMT or GMT+1 -whatever it is we are right now. Tell me when you are free to play in GMT time and I'll pick a time when I'm free from that.

For reference, as I am now out of lectures, I am free from around 10:00 - 01:00 any day :)
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

Daravel wrote:I am in the UK, so GMT or GMT+1 -whatever it is we are right now. Tell me when you are free to play in GMT time and I'll pick a time when I'm free from that.

For reference, as I am now out of lectures, I am free from around 10:00 - 01:00 any day :)
:augh:
I am on the opposite side of the earth, guy...and i have played at least six hours. I need a little time to do some other business. See you tomorrow, approximately 17 hours later/
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

I have been online for another 5 hours yesterday...you did not appear or appeared without PM me. Should I declare my war against the so called Daravel victorious? :lol2:
Daravel

Post by Daravel »

It is better to pick a time beforehand, because I'm not sitting on Wesnoth when I am online.

Would 10am GMT+1 on Tuesday 26th work for you? I have an exam on the Monday...
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

Daravel wrote:It is better to pick a time beforehand, because I'm not sitting on Wesnoth when I am online.

Would 10am GMT+1 on Tuesday 26th work for you? I have an exam on the Monday...
I have my finale that day too. Are we talking about a same time? It seems that GMT+1 is 7 hours later than my zone, if I still remember those earth science stuff well. Your 10am would be my dreamy time, guy... :wink:
Daravel

Post by Daravel »

Well, at 12:00 pm (my time) you have twice posted that you had been online for 5/6 hours, so I assumed that 10am would be a good time.
You are GMT-6? Honduras/Costa Rica? Or are you +8? China/Australia?
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

Daravel, I am available right now (and for a few hours perhaps) if you want to play.

Actually, I have some secret super-special strategies I want to try on a person... :eng:
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra