SX RPG ADD ON 4.9.10 - now on 1.10.x Server.

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

MCP

Re: SX RPG ADD ON 3.9.93h - now on 1.10.0 Server.

Post by MCP »

Please do an additional add-on.
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

so mote it be :)
The best bet is your own, good Taste.
Kaneohe

Post by Kaneohe »

So just to make sure I redownloaded the sx rpg pack but were rouge mage and warrior removed?
MCP

Post by MCP »

Those classes require experienced and expert difficulty to be selected.
Araja

Post by Araja »

That's something I've been curious about for awhile actually, can I ask why that's the case? The traditional thing to do would be to have all classes available on all difficulty levels, so people can practice on lower difficulties before moving on. It seems an odd design choice to throw people in at the deep end if they want to play those classes.
Kaneohe

Post by Kaneohe »

Thank you that must have been the problem because I had access to the rouges setting up my ultimate run last night on experienced. Also I think it was said that it didn't matter, but is solo required for the street cred or is it preferred because you get more money to start with?

Still in my playing around without the rogues, I sort of like the cleric over the warrior which is apparently counter to most people. Least when I pick a melee class he will get high resistances so the extra armor doesn't really help and seems like having magic is definitely a good thing over the long run.
MCP

Post by MCP »

Solo is easier than 5 players. I would consider 5 players on experienced or expert mode to be a job well done and I would never question this player's experience. But some people just like to play for fun and that is good, because it is a very fun map, and only gets better the more focused a player becomes.

For myself, I consider solo/two player more casual, even if it's expert, simply because less team work is required. Team work is probably exponentially more complicated than solo play, in the number of possibilities.

I like Clerics over Warriors because of magic movement. Other people like Clerics because of demons. It all depends on how many heroes you have playing and what sort of team it is.

In a 5 player environment, having one warrior could be very advantageous. It all depends on the team and the particular hero.
Having a warrior/cleric which can zerk certain bosses is very important.
MCP

Post by MCP »

Potential bug with the Ranger:
A unit already had a magical ranged attack and bought Precision. Ending up with a 'Magical Precision' weapon, which I suppose is either worse or better than Precision depending on how the numbers play out.
Griffith

Post by Griffith »

Why is rogue class called rogue class in sxrpg?
i ask because the is no rogue special or ability in it like backstabb,poison,nightstalk,suprise,skirmish.
current rogue is just a OP version of warrior or mage.
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

MCP wrote:Potential bug with the Ranger:
A unit already had a magical ranged attack and bought Precision. Ending up with a 'Magical Precision' weapon, which I suppose is either worse or better than Precision depending on how the numbers play out.
magical precision has 80% CTH on offense and 70% cth on defense

the only potencial problem would be no luck mode, then only one of the two specials would apply.
(so either 80% cth on offense and normal on defense, or 70% all)
MCP

Post by MCP »

Griffith wrote:Why is rogue class called rogue class in sxrpg?
i ask because the is no rogue special or ability in it like backstabb,poison,nightstalk,suprise,skirmish.
current rogue is just a OP version of warrior or mage.
With high knowledge, someone like me can make a rogue mage look OP versus a cleric. This is because I buy exactly the correct weapons and upgrade them appropriately for my hero.

Later, I will upload a 2p experienced WoW2 run with my buddy Zeus. I have a rogue mage paladin and he has a cleric ghoul.
Notable differences:
Cleric: Has magic heal, has more damage. Always has to attack melee, even with bad resists versus an enemy.
Rogue Mage: Has less damage, no magic heal, has the option of a ranged attack versus a melee attack depending on the enemy (this is the most important different)

Mabuse:
Is it true a Ghoul no longer has feeding converted to soul stealer? (And lawful equivalent)
I thought it was supposed to be converted to soul stealer for free. I think the lvl2 and lvl3 units have feeding, while the lvl1 unit does not have feeding.
Lester

Post by Lester »

Yesterday i was playing SXRPG evildead with 5 players. One of the players had choosen "mage" as class. After a long battle (say after 50+ turns)
the mage was summoning an ice demon.... but is was shocked it had only 91 HP and two 13-4 attacks.
It was killed in one blow by AI. That is big suicide for 225 mana... xD
I'm pretty sure they get also the enemy upgrades (and the two extra attacks "arcane") like AI has, depending on progress by the setting $brutal...?

So my question: Is it just me, or is the ability "Summon Demon" broken in version 3.9.9s?

By the way: Many things changed since back then, but i'm impressed by the many ways u can play this ultimate epic RPG xD.
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

hello lester, nice to read you. :)
yes, you are right, demons are broken in 3.9.99s.

i think about uploading another bug fix or speed up and finishing the new map finally.
MCP

Post by MCP »

Giant armor spiders is WoW2 were not handled by no luck in the replay with Zeus and I.

Hi Lester,
Hopefully we can get a 5p game sometime.
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

MCP wrote: Mabuse:
Is it true a Ghoul no longer has feeding converted to soul stealer? (And lawful equivalent)
I thought it was supposed to be converted to soul stealer for free. I think the lvl2 and lvl3 units have feeding, while the lvl1 unit does not have feeding.
hello, overlooked that one:
ghoul has no equivalent for the lost feeding ability
(since ghoul is good enough with fearless for free and good base resistances)

UPLOADED a BUG FIX and last Balance fix version:
-----------------------------------------------

3.9.99x:
- added level information for Creeps (as a trait)

- units with 23+ moves get +5 moves after kill
(maxed out units with 8 or more base moves)

rogue nerf:
- rogue mages have no access to shop berserk weapons/specials
- rogue warriors have no access to shop precision focus special

ARMOR CHANGES:
- Warriors have +3 additonal armor slots (+1)
- Rangers have +2 additonal armor slots (same as before)
- Rogue Warriors have +2 additonal armor slot (same as before)

- magestaff gives 10% heal spell bonus

- bug fix: summoned demons are fixed now and have increased strengh

- uploaded sxrpg music pack

Summary:

slight buff for warrior: +1 armor slot
slight buff for mage: healing spell more effective (+10%) if magestaff is purchased
rogue classes got a weakened/diversed as rogue warrior lose precision focus and rogue mage lose berserk

maxed out cav or other high movement units get +5 move safter a kill if movement is maxed out

most important is the demon spell fix

no changes to starting money