Changed a bit colosseum map.

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ChaosRider

Changed a bit colosseum map.

Post by ChaosRider »

I've changed a bit colosseum map. Here you have changed map to colosseum (save it in Colosseum/map).
Colosseum.map
(19.61 KiB) Downloaded 238 times
Last edited by ChaosRider on April 22nd, 2012, 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Creator of WOTG (+2880 units), MWC (+615 units), SurvivorsArea, RandomColosseum, RC WOTG, RC MWC, ColosseumRandomClonesBattle, BetweenDarknessAndLight, StealingWeapons, MoreUnitsForms, MoreDamageTypes, CanBeOnlyOne, ColosseumOneWinner, BonusSpam, CriticalStrike - available at 1.12 Wesnoth server.
ancestral
Inactive Developer

Re: Changed a bit colosseum map.

Post by ancestral »

So what did you change? What makes this any different?
Wesnoth BestiaryPREVIEW IT HERE )
Unit tree and stat browser
CanvasPREVIEW IT HERE )
Exp. map viewer
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

Used it and try, then you will know :D. More units at first waves (which is more dangerous than in normal colosseum), more gold at start (couse with more units per wave its harder to get higher reward). I wish to too add units from campaigns, but then game will be avaible only for players which has download many campaigns. This is why this units from campaigns should be added to the normal default wesnoth :P.
Creator of WOTG (+2880 units), MWC (+615 units), SurvivorsArea, RandomColosseum, RC WOTG, RC MWC, ColosseumRandomClonesBattle, BetweenDarknessAndLight, StealingWeapons, MoreUnitsForms, MoreDamageTypes, CanBeOnlyOne, ColosseumOneWinner, BonusSpam, CriticalStrike - available at 1.12 Wesnoth server.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Moved to Multiplayer Development, since this isn't an idea for mainline.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Ceres
Forum Regular

Post by Ceres »

Um...
1. Can't you just upload the cfg file here (like the map file) instead of creating a whole new wiki site for it (which for some reason is called "Distrubuting Content")?
2. The code on that wiki site is missing a lot of newlines (which are important in WML).
3. For some reason every # is replaced with 1., so all preprocessor commands like #define are messed up, and you'll get tons of errors.
4. What's the reason for the change anyway? I've played quite some Colosseum in MP, and I never heard anyone complaining about the map or the units.
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

Now you have it here :P.
Colosseum_scenario.cfg
(10.01 KiB) Downloaded 195 times
Post 2:
New ideas for this type of game is probably why you have not heard because no one knew that you can change, or is no one wanted because it would be too difficult.
Last edited by Crendgrim on April 22nd, 2012, 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

I merged your double post. Please stop doing this.
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
The_Other

Post by The_Other »

I tried playing it, but got an error message relating to nested WML and Schedules - unfortunately I didn't think to copy down the exact text. I tried editing your .cfg, to see if it was an obvious and simple problem. But due to the lack of linebreaks, your code is almost entirely unreadable (to me, at least)
ChaosRider wrote:you have not heard because no one knew that you can change
Really? Because one of the biggest attractions of this game is that virtually everything can be changed easily, even by people with no programming ability (I'm a fiction author, so I'm about as non-technical as you can get, but even I can figure it out!). I find it hard to believe that you have done anything new that nobody else realised could be done!

EDIT: absence of linebreaks might just be on my system - I'm viewing it in Windows Notepad, a different editor might not have this problem. Or it might be down to my computer doing weird and stupid things again (it tends to do this a lot, somebody needs to give it a good talking-to!)
Last edited by The_Other on April 22nd, 2012, 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing is true; everything is permissible.
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

I don't see any lack of line breaks. For me, only the indentation is messed up, so I ran wmlindent on it. This tool showed me that there were some missing tags somewhere (as it ended up with non-zero indentation at the file's end), so out of curiosity I also ran wmllint. Here's the output: (I removed the spell-checking part of wmllint)
Spoiler:
So, these errors (which will mainly be caused by the missing [/then] tag) you probably want to work out.
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

Topic will be continued elsewhere (the link is below), and MG please close this topic. Any changes to the files added in this topic also will be charged in the Wesnoth forum link below.

http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=36773