SX RPG ADD ON 4.9.10 - now on 1.10.x Server.

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

MCP

Re: SX RPG ADD ON 3.9.93h - now on 1.10.0 Server.

Post by MCP »

Potential bug report:
Zeus bought 18 movement for his unit, but it didn't give +5 after kill, is this correct?
Zeus says, it said so in the item shop in the shop menu.

Ageless era --> AE Enchanters --> Rune Apprentice
Rune Apprentice --> Arcane Rune Transcriber --> Rune Priest
Rune Priest has concentrated on its ranged arcane attack.

Concentrated is supposed to increase an attacks damage by +1 for every successful hit. Of course this is totally broken.
It doesn't work on offense but it does work on defense, which still requires some strategy, but super broken.

Not that there is anything to fix, it was just funny we beat Evil Dead in approximately 48 turns while taking our time.
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

thx for report.

yes, that 18+ move thingy was cut out, but the TEXT is still included.
i already fixed this by implementing the effect for 21+ moves.

that means only units with a move base of 6+ and maxed/almost maxed movement will get the ffect.

units with 4 or 5 move base cannot achieve the effect
(ok, 5 move base with quick trait)

will see what i can do with the "concentrated" special, perhaps it was renamed or something.

Btw, the progress on the new map was severely delayed due to rl "issues" (well not everything what happens in rl is an issue) - i hope i can spend some days on it now
The best bet is your own, good Taste.
MCP

Post by MCP »

Mabuse wrote: will see what i can do with the "concentrated" special, perhaps it was renamed or something.
Don't worry about it. It was removed from the weapon, but it's still functioning somehow, so I'd say it's not worth fixing.

It was just funny.

Also 21 moves? I doubt I'll ever get past 15. I guess that makes the ranger much better.
BuBu

Post by BuBu »

Hello,

Last saturday i was playing 1.10.2 SXRPG in 'S' version (i was playing with MCP) ... I was stolen in the shop :shock: ! Do you belive? I did.

After some buys i start buy a weapon in weapon store and the price of the weapon gone 1xx to 3xx. i was in a hurry and did a fast click and bought a weapon that i could buy 3 and after i didnt have enought gold anymore :doh: (in this moment i saw the stolen [that was so quick!]).

i exit the weapon store and enter again and the prices come back to normal.

Mabule please jail those thiefs ...
Take a look in the things that i did: 6p - Secret Valley , MAP for SX
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

MCP wrote: Also 21 moves? I doubt I'll ever get past 15. I guess that makes the ranger much better.
its just a gimmick if you max out a unit with high base moves.
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

BuBu wrote:Hello,

Last saturday i was playing 1.10.2 SXRPG in 'S' version (i was playing with MCP) ... I was stolen in the shop :shock: ! Do you belive? I did.

After some buys i start buy a weapon in weapon store and the price of the weapon gone 1xx to 3xx. i was in a hurry and did a fast click and bought a weapon that i could buy 3 and after i didnt have enought gold anymore :doh: (in this moment i saw the stolen [that was so quick!]).

thx for reprt. the error with cumulating weapon prices is known but i thought it was shot down already.

it seems that there are some circumstances where the error still exists.

can you tell me the UNIT CLASS that you used in this game?
MCP

Post by MCP »

To start with Bubu's bug, he had disconnected, so we just ended his first turn. He was probably 4p.
Then Bubu rejoined and shopped on turn 2.
Griffith

Post by Griffith »

i think rogue warrior have too many buffs , so no one choose pure warrior at higher difficulty.

why not strip focus weapon and special from rogue warrior ?
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

good suggestion griffith.
indeed i think about a nerf/diversion for the rogue classes.

rogue warrior MAY lose focus weapon and focus special,
rogue mage MAY lose berserk weapon and berserk special

this is to strenghen the melee aspect of the rogue warrior and the ranged aspect of he rogue mage

other opinions abut this ?
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

Mabuse wrote: rogue warrior MAY lose focus weapon and focus special,
Hum...it does seem logical. The rouge warriors wouldn't need focus much, I don't think; same goes for the rouge mages and berserk. I find rage better for the rouge mages anyway ;)
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
MCP

Post by MCP »

Rogue Mage may go melee simply because the class has magic movement. Losing Berserk would certainly cause one to think twice about picking a Rogue Mage over a Rogue Warrior.
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

Hum....true. Magic movement + beserking everywhere = osm :mrgreen:
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
BuBu

Post by BuBu »

Mabuse wrote:
BuBu wrote:Hello,

thx for reprt. the error with cumulating weapon prices is known but i thought it was shot down already.

it seems that there are some circumstances where the error still exists.

can you tell me the UNIT CLASS that you used in this game?
The class is rogue warrior. I did this after i bought everything i needed.
Mabuse wrote:good suggestion griffith.
indeed i think about a nerf/diversion for the rogue classes.

rogue warrior MAY lose focus weapon and focus special,

this is to strenghen the melee aspect of the rogue warrior and the ranged aspect of he rogue mage

other opinions abut this ?
I like focus attack and i use it for rogue warrior :( .The roque warrior cant face a warrior because it is much more stronger and have more armor. The good thing of the rogue warrior that is functional, so it is a class the do everything and when you do everything you dont do it very good.

I dont agree to remove beserk of rogue mage because he already has less armor and some times it dont have the effect of be a true beserker and it will use it few situation but is useful like to face dark mages.

i usually use Focus special in Winzard of War 2 with cold attack because when you fight against that "fire rock", "and the on that attack with fire sword and poison chain" and many lizards is very useful and i put slow in it too. I usually do this after i do all my other settings.

I was think about ranger that should start with 1 more move and in the special had the ability to add + 1 at the cost of 150 gold (light foot) or light foot be +2 moves at the cost of 150 gold. Is it a ranger? Could put precision focus at 350 gold ... will make this class more interesting and make it shine a little.
Take a look in the things that i did: 6p - Secret Valley , MAP for SX
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

well, atm the decision was made that roguemages lose berserk (= need to go rage in melee) and rogue warriors lose focus (= lose power in ranged combat).

we will see how it plays out.

if needed i could replace focus with "lesser focus" that gives a 1.25 bonus on attack.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

other question:
i plan to add music to the next upload. the music has a size of 21 MB, so the pack would be bloated in size considerably.

good (worth the size) or bad (not worth) ?

as an alternative i could upload an extra SXRPG music pack.

the additional music has some file available in the music forum and some pieces from west's chronicles
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

I'd suggest to do what shadowmaster did: Release a second resource add-on with the music, so that your players won't have to download all of the music again if the add-on gets updated.
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!