Invasion from the Unknown 1.90.8 [Wesnoth 1.12]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

gnombat

Re: Invasion from the Unknown (1.90.6) for Wesnoth 1.9/1.10

Post by gnombat »

tribes45 wrote:When ever I killed Mal-Keshar in Scenario (3 I believe) an error pops up.
This looks similar to bug #16148 [Gna.org].
PawelS

Post by PawelS »

Bug report:

In "Over the Sands" one of my units got dehydrated on a ford hex (flat+shallow water). I think dehydration shouldn't occur there.

IftU version: 1.90.6
Wesnoth version: 1.10.1
Newby5719

Post by Newby5719 »

I noticed something that may or may not be a bug;

In Voices of the Armageddon, you can still recruit Sprites even though you lost the ability to recruit Aragwaith and Elves.
Also amazing campaign! Loving it so far!
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Newby5719 wrote:In Voices of the Armageddon, you can still recruit Sprites even though you lost the ability to recruit Aragwaith and Elves.
Nah, this is a deliberate choice that carries on to the sequel.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Newby5719

Post by Newby5719 »

I'm currently on "Under the sands" and I'm wondering something, Is there someway to get into a secret room in the bottom right corner? I've had a lich go through the waters there after the killing the alien matrix but i can't find anything!
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Newby5719 wrote:I'm currently on "Under the sands" and I'm wondering something, Is there someway to get into a secret room in the bottom right corner?
No, and there’s nothing there either.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

All heil MYE! :D

I finally break the new version on nightmare :whistle:

To my surprise, Lord Mighty-Yeti-Espreon, some unimportant and insignificant scenerios are still too hard to give me breath after fierce wars in those necessarily-hard scenerios.
The dwarvish finale against those chaos humans is too hard... :( You had better nerf it down a little bit.

The late stage battles have few breathing rooms, but continous unbelievebly harsh wars. You need to try it yourself and nerf down the difficulty of some scenerios.
baska

Post by baska »

I am playing IftU on the iPad, IMHO the best, most surprising campaign out there (lot of fun), but to my frustration I cannot seem to find the way to end the scenario "Innuendo". When I finally confront the superboss + his minnions in the upper-right room or cave and kill them all, there is nothing more to advance the scenario to a successful conclusion. There are no more rooms to open (the ones where there is a little health bar you have to battle), no more enemies to fight (all of them have been killed) and all rooms and caves explored.

After trying three times now, I am at my wits end. Is there a walkthrough or can someone give me some advice/help/hints how to tackle this scenario?

Thanx,
Bas
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Post by Espreon »

baska wrote:I am playing IftU on the iPad, IMHO the best, most surprising campaign out there (lot of fun), but to my frustration I cannot seem to find the way to end the scenario "Innuendo". When I finally confront the superboss + his minnions in the upper-right room or cave and kill them all, there is nothing more to advance the scenario to a successful conclusion.
If the superboss you’re talking about is the Armageddon Imp, a wall should have opened up nearby and a message along the lines of “A wall moves” should have popped up. But if it didn’t, I guess it’s just a bug with the copy of IftU the iPad version comes with.
baska

Post by baska »

Ahhhh, OK. I'll try again from the save before the imp appears and see if he's the Armageddon superboss and what wall opens.

Thanx,

Bas
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Hey, I animated the units Shadow Courier and Dryad. Might slightly help the visual appearance of this great campaign.
Attachments
anim.zip
(61.59 KiB) Downloaded 357 times
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

The storytxt.cfg for "Arrival of the Battalion" has a typo in the first line: "march lands" should be "marsh lands".
A witty saying proves nothing.
-Voltaire
Captain_Wrathbow

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

Not a mistake, actually.
In An Orcish Incursion and elsewhere, "march" is not a typo for "marsh"; also, in Liberty, "marchlander" is not a typo for "marshlander". "The marches" is archaic English for the border country of a kingdom. The word was originally Norse "mark" and is related to the ordinary English word "mark"; it also appears as an element in the place name "the Estmark Hills" which is "the hills of the eastern border".
Taken from this wiki page. (second paragraph; or just search for "march")
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

OK... I had thought you should use marsh because the same sentence later talks about marsh lands... but I think espreon changed both to marchlands to avoid confusion.

I did find another bug... in 22A Innuendo, the amulet is supposed to increase arcane resistance by 10%.

Code: Select all

[effect]
                apply_to=resistance
                replace=false
                [resistance]
                    arcane=-10%
                [/resistance]
            [/effect]
        [/object]
The % character causes the effect to fail... also I think "replace=false" is no longer needed.
-Voltaire
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

I think there is a similar problem for the Dwarvish Armour in Bye and Behold.
-Voltaire