SXRPG Replays

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

MCP

Re: SXRPG Replays

Post by MCP »

How many Heroes did they run with? Five I hope.
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

yes, five.
and they put the demons to good use.
The best bet is your own, good Taste.
Warfall

Re:

Post by Warfall »

-
Last edited by Warfall on July 6th, 2015, 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Warfall

Re:

Post by Warfall »

-
Last edited by Warfall on July 6th, 2015, 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

great .. i'll watch this :)
Warfall

Re:

Post by Warfall »

-
Last edited by Warfall on July 6th, 2015, 4:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mabuse

Re: Expert level, EvilDead - 3 low grade units

Post by Mabuse »

Warfall wrote: You can see that at no moment the whole team was in danger (while time to times reaching 1 HP ;-)), so it seems there is room to make the map harder, on another hand the overall setting is very nice, and you need to be very precise on tactical moves to achieve this map with 3 players. In particular, the good timing for back to shop to enhance and forward to fight is essential.
yeah, its all about tactic and strategy and good hero-build.
and timing when to shop and stuff.

evil dead on the other hand wont get any harder -
if anything gets harder than the amount of money you get in "less-then-5-player"-modes

however, this is difficult to estimate, when 5 player is played "correctly" i say its about as okish.
will also make a test game for this.

on a note:
-----------
unfortuanately i played the last game extremely weak :(
i even bought the wrong armor at start -

lol - sry to my team mates at this point ;)
MCP

Post by MCP »

Hi again,
Zeus and I beat Evil Dead on Expert Mode, 2 Heroes, Death Mode.

Zeus played a Lich, aka "Mr. Bad Touch," and I played a Ghost, aka "Mute." (Being that I sold its wail for cash... a ghost who can't wail at the living is hardly a ghost at all)

Zeus was 1p and used a chaotic Rogue Mage Dark Adept, advancing it to the Lich. Cave Walker was the trait. The Lich turned out to be a very good unit. The Lich has the maximum amount of resists without a penalty which worked out very well at the last boss. It has free magical arcane melee and cold/arcane magical ranged, all with relatively high damage. It may be possible to upgrade the Lich's resists to 90% impact and 80% pierce to berserk the last boss and his guards. Instead in this game, we upgraded the Lich's fire and arcane, I think 70% arcane and 80% fire, then another +10% arcane from the item. We bought precision/focus and slow for the Lich's ranged cold attack. This was used on the third and final AI leaders. Until Zeus bought fearless, it was actually a problem during the day. It became a real problem after we had killed the first AI leader and we were trying to quickly get the gold chests.

I was 2p and used a neutral Rogue Mage Ghost, advancing it to the Wraith. I think I picked +1 ability, but I don't think it was useful all game. The Ghost gets one armor slot I think, so I ended up getting +10% arcane. I used it to attack the caves early/quickly in order to get enough gold. I ended up buying charge for my regular melee arcane attack and eventually I bought rage/slow for the hammer of rage which was useful on particular bosses.

I was actually considering Rogue Mage or Rogue Warrior. The Rogue Warrior has two extra armor and I could add slow to my melee magical/charge arcane attack which would have helped me a lot, however, I always miss magic movement more when I don't have it.

It is very clear on Expert one must clear out the caves as quickly as possible. The sooner one gets to the Orc, the 2nd AI leader, the sooner one gets some serious gold.

The first major problem we had was how to deal with two necro mobile bosses, a fire dragon, a bone dragon, and also two mobile lich bosses. It turned out Zeus's Mr Bad Touch was the most powerful Lich of them all, I kept hearing him say, "There can only be one!"

The most important part of how we played was to get as much gold as soon as possible, using that gold to buy as much damage as soon as possible.

It was relatively smooth sailing, probably due to the choice of the Rogue Mage Lich.

NOTE:
I tried watching the replay on my computer but it had an OOS on turn 1 and stops working right away.

edit: I have fixed it, now the replay file name has 'good' in it.
Attachments
SXRPG_EvilDead_Zeus_MCP_Expert_replay_good.gz
Updated replay now works.
(335.21 KiB) Downloaded 233 times
SXRPG_EvilDead_Turn_78.gz
(563.68 KiB) Downloaded 256 times
Last edited by MCP on April 24th, 2012, 7:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

btw those oos's at start can be ignored i think.
anyways. thx for the replay.

one question at this point:

i think about reducing starting gold for 3,2,1 player start
what do you think?

---------------------------------------------------------------

(btw i also think about adding some kind of "loot" when bosses are slain.)

loot can be things like

5 extra gold,
healing balm (HP +25%),
speed balm (+5moves),
balm of fury (+1 attack)
sword (+1 blade melee damage),
.... (other damage types ranged/melee),
+1/+2 terrain defense for a particular terrain (or similar terrain)
(e.g. "hunters lore: +2% forest defense")

so only minor things
(balms can be used from inventory screen)

and of course things have different rarity.
balm of fury for example will be extremely rare (1%)
while 5 gold may be at 30%
MCP

Post by MCP »

About Replay OOS.
No, it is broken immediately. I have no idea why. Maybe if I investigate different knowns I can find the thing which may break it.

Remember, I picked top of the line units (and top of the line strategies if I do say so myself ;p )
I've been trying to crack Evil Dead solo expert mode with a Paladin and it has been difficult. Paladin is a good unit, but I haven't made it past the first appearance of a fire and bone dragon mobile bosses. What I am saying is, there is some difficulty in 1p.

Now maybe if I picked a dwarf lord rogue mage or something, I'd find it laughably easy.

About loot,
Sounds like Diablo.
SlowThinker

Post by SlowThinker »

MCP wrote:About Replay OOS.
No, it is broken immediately. I have no idea why.
Is the replay from replays.wesnoth.org or is it from your computer?
I work on Conquest Minus • I use DFoolWide, Retro Terrain Package and the add-on 'High Contrast Water'
I moved to Nosebane's corner (Doc Paterson's signature); I am spending my time there, so PM me if I don't answer your post in forums
MCP

Post by MCP »

SlowThinker wrote:
MCP wrote:About Replay OOS.
No, it is broken immediately. I have no idea why.
Is the replay from replays.wesnoth.org or is it from your computer?
It is a replay solely from local play. I saved it after the victory condition.
SlowThinker

Post by SlowThinker »

In case you saved + reloaded then it may be this bug:
http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=33973
MCP

Post by MCP »

I definitely saved and reloaded, we were interrupted about three times before we finished.

edit: I updated my original post to show the replay. I watched it for a while and it worked correctly as far as I can tell.
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

MCP wrote: Remember, I picked top of the line units (and top of the line strategies if I do say so myself ;p )
I've been trying to crack Evil Dead solo expert mode with a Paladin and it has been difficult. Paladin is a good unit, but I haven't made it past the first appearance of a fire and bone dragon mobile bosses. What I am saying is, there is some difficulty in 1p.

Now maybe if I picked a dwarf lord rogue mage or something, I'd find it laughably easy.
hello, i for myself avoid/ignore the bosses - as long it is nessessary - in 1player
however, if you say the diff is ok (i also think it is ok, since as mentioned it is a long time running away from bosses.)

maybe a slight creep adjustment in 1 player (+1lvl) ?
(that would be also an idea)

as said it may right now as well stay as is, but of course the aim is to push it somewhat near the limit, since the gap between the difficulties should not be too xtreme.

if 3player is "a walk in the park" on expert (just assuming) and 5 player is "hell on earth" on the same difficulty setting then something must be done about it.

basically the goal is to make it barely playable with less, but not to punish for additional players.
(all balance is done against 4 or 5 players)

however, since i tested solo i think 1750 is ok
so the adjustments that will come:

1 player: -50 gold (1750 player (maybe +1 creep level, will be tested))
2 player: -50 gold (1350 per player)
3 player: -50 gold (1150 per player)
4 player: no changes
5 player: no changes

MCP wrote: About loot,
Sounds like Diablo.
now, is it good or bad?

but:
i have the gfx for the items, and will wait for implmentation until i finsihed the more urgant things (map for example) ;9

about the possible loot:
assumed a boss drops aditional loot with a chance of 75%

then:

60%: +5 Gold
4%: +10 Gold
4%: +3 Max HP
4%: +1 Blade Damage
4%: +1 Pierce Damage
4%: +1 Impact Damage
4%: +1 Fire Damage
4%: +1 Cold Damage
4%: +1 Arcane Damage
4%: Cyan Potion
3%: Red potion
1%: Blue potion

in the other hand, what DEFINATELY speaks AGAINST Loot is 1/2/less player mode, since on 1 player mode all th eloot goes to 1 player and makes him just stronger

so all in all, i guess i renounce on loot completely, this also saves me a ton of work tbh :doh:
(on the other hand ..... i could ADJUST the CHANCE for BOSS LOOT after player number)

example:
1 player CTL (chance to loot): 15%
2 player CTL (chance to loot): 30%
3 player CTL (chance to loot): 45%
4 player CTL (chance to loot): 60%
5 player CTL (chance to loot): 75%

EDIT:
-------

Ah well, i may as well get rid of the "additonal damage" loot, since it can be also like a "zonk", if you get a damage type that you cannot use.

60%: +5 Gold
12%: +10 Gold
8%: +3 Max HP
8%: Cyan Potion
8%: Red potion
4%: Blue potion