RPG Addon

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

lanceleau2

RPG Addon

Post by lanceleau2 »

I'd like to know if some of you know a great multiplayer RPG Addon available on 1.10 ?

I tried SX-RPG and zombi apocalypse but I don't find any other RPG

Does someone know when all the RPG addons from 1.8 (like Bob's RPG) will be available on 1.10 ?

Do you know some good RPG ?
The_Other

Re: RPG Addon

Post by The_Other »

lanceleau2 wrote:Does someone know when all the RPG addons from 1.8 (like Bob's RPG) will be available on 1.10 ?
When and if whoever is currently maintaining them decides to update them. People enter and leave this community so some projects get abandoned. Sometimes somebody else will take over, but often nobody bothers.
Have a look at this
Nothing is true; everything is permissible.
lanceleau2

Post by lanceleau2 »

Well, you gave me the idea to make this, thanks :)

I'm gonna try to watch if I can take addons from 1.8 and make them work in 1.10

When there is a change in wesnoth versions, does addon from previous version follow automatically if they work or addon's maker must do it everytime ?
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

The add-on's creator must re-upload them to the new add-on server once a new major version of Wesnoth is out. However, as of now the 1.10 and 1.9 (old development cycle) branches share their add-on server, so you'll be able to download all add-ons on 1.10 which were uploaded in the last development version (though not those on the 1.8 server)

As there are some syntax changes in 1.10 compared to 1.8, and as RPG's tend to use rather complicated WML, it might be that you do not succeed in making 1.8 add-ons work out of the box. So, don't feel bad if you don't manage to make them work. ;)
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
lanceleau2

Post by lanceleau2 »

Thx for the infos !

Anyway that can be interesting to see how it works.Looks like a mix of HTML and schell scripting to me for instance :D

I'll have a look to the number of changes to do for it to work and see if i'm able to do that.

But is there a way to manage how addons use access to memory/cache and CPU ?
Would be nice to optimise the addon too, to make a really fast and ergonomic one ! (most addon seem slow to me, even with a very fast system/computer)