What does 9/11 mean to you?

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Great_Mage_Atari

Re: What does 9/11 mean to you?

Post by Great_Mage_Atari »

Raket wrote:http://www.axiomatica.org/revealing-the ... nside-jobI don't have the time to write everything down, so instead I'll give you a link I quickly found through Google.Try to refute any of these.
I'm sorry, but you do realize that you can post anything and everything on the Internet, right? You can't believe everything you read online. There's conspiracies about the assassination of JFK, Area 51, you name it.
Raket wrote:I condemn the killing of innocent people no matter where you're from,but to act like 9/11 was the worst and forgetting everything else is really laughable.
It was a shock for us because the most powerful nation in the world was attacked by another country as a terrorist act. This is going to sound horrible (believe me, it is), but most Americans don't care what happens anywhere that isn't close to home unless it directly affects us. People have all these "facts" and yet you weren't even there to witness it. You don't get the same feeling when you watch it on TV. It was horrible. Truly horrible.
Raket wrote:Do you know about SOPA, NDAA, and the Patriot Act?I'm not even American and I know your country is going down the drain.I find it hilarious how you think America isn't run by power-tripping madmen in dark suits.
America isn't perfect, I'll give you that. We've had our downfalls, believe me. Corporations do run a big part in American society, but it's perfectly legal. The beautiful thing is that even if SOPA and NDAA and countless other bills are to be talked about, it's not guaranteed to pass. It's not as if people are powerless. America is a Democracy, and will continue to be so long as the American people have a say in it.
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Post by artisticdude »

Disclaimer: I, personally, am American. I shall try my very best to observe an objective viewpoint.
Raket wrote:I have no problem with America, I think it's a great nation, but your government is very corrupt and evil in regards to what it does in foreign countries and even to its own citizens (SOPA, NDAA, etc). Your constitution is being stepped upon and I bet your founding fathers would be rolling in their graves by now.
I actually agree with this to an extent... the government has become extremely corrupt, especially in recent years. The constitution has been/is being trampled on. Our foreign policies have become increasingly worse.

But I also ask this: what government, in any country ever, was free of corruption? What government, in any country ever, did not at some point trample on the rights of its people or the principles upon which the government was founded?
Raket wrote:Instead of reminding the horrible attacks on 9/11, let's remember when America
dropped a nuclear bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki thereby not only killing 200,000 innocent normal people like you and me,
it left an entire new generation with scars and mutations.
...So it's a clear case of black and white?

All I'm going to say here is that this wikipedia article is worth a read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debate_ove ... d_Nagasaki
"I'm never wrong. One time I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Great_Mage_Atari wrote:The beautiful thing is that even if SOPA and NDAA and countless other bills are to be talked about, it's not guaranteed to pass.
What.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Great_Mage_Atari

Post by Great_Mage_Atari »

shadowmaster wrote:
Great_Mage_Atari wrote:The beautiful thing is that even if SOPA and NDAA and countless other bills are to be talked about, it's not guaranteed to pass.
What.
Whoooops. Meant PIPA. My bad.
Blarumyrran
Art Contributor

Post by Blarumyrran »

Frogger5

Post by Frogger5 »

Aww poor gryphon. :(
My spritework can be seen here.

Want to play Roll 2 Dodge, or even start your own game?http://rolltododge.freeforums.org/index.php We need you!