Is there any campaign official or not that....

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Fosprey

Is there any campaign official or not that....

Post by Fosprey »

...Goes wild with the rules? I know there are many Add-ons and eras like the era of high sorcery and modern combat or a new land that go crazy on mechanics. But is there a A full campaign that does that?
alexanderthegre

Re: Is there any campaign official or not that....

Post by alexanderthegre »

esci's Cities of the Frontier does that. :D
HomerJ

Post by HomerJ »

From the mainline campaigns, Under the Burning Suns is as crazy as it gets. Other than that... boy there is a lot of UMC stuff...

Greetz
HomerJ
Six years without a signature!
Shinobody

Post by Shinobody »

There's that weird randomized campaign, "I Dream". Warning, it may seem kinda insane.
Artist, writer, game designer for hire.
Art portfolio: https://shino1.artstation.com
Writing dump: https://shino1portfolio.wordpress.com/
My itchio for video games and TTRPG stuff: https://shino1.itch.io/
PeterPorty
Translator

Post by PeterPorty »

Bug Gambit to make a campaign for GambCiv. :P That's totally exploiting the Wesnoth engine to a next level.
"The real world is for people who can't imagine anything better."
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Post by artisticdude »

PeterPorty wrote:Bug Gambit to make a campaign for GambCiv. :P That's totally exploiting the Wesnoth engine to a next level.
I'd totally dig that. :mrgreen: However, I don't think you could teach modify the current AI to perform all the necessary tasks in Gambciv without a ton of effort (probably involving creating an entirely new AI). The AI is such a slow learner you see...

Oh wait...

>.>

<.<

You didn't hear me say that.
Last edited by artisticdude on February 3rd, 2012, 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm never wrong. One time I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
PeterPorty
Translator

Post by PeterPorty »

No, of course not. Only the human side would be able to terraform and stuff; that's why the era has a faction called 'barbarians' which is for the AI to use. :P
"The real world is for people who can't imagine anything better."
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Post by artisticdude »

^ Hm, this is true. :D

Returning to the OP, if you want something unusual, then Crendgrim's "The Quest of Wesnoth" and my "Aeranor: Book I" campaigns are both available for 1.10. They are RPG campaigns that are far out from default Wesnoth. No recruiting, recalling or capturing villages. You have an inventory, you can search containers for cool lootz, use healing potions, equip/unequip weapons and such, etc. They're both still incomplete and under development, but if it's different & unusual mechanics you're going for, I think either one could fit the ticket. ^_^
"I'm never wrong. One time I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

"To Lands Unknown" takes graphics in Wesnoth to a completely different level. It's a magnificent piece of work with breathtaking maps and views. Although game mechanics are pretty much the same.
screenshot:
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
Bosque

Post by Bosque »

I was looking for new campaigns as well. So far the campaigns that I've enjoyed most (both back before they were mainline) are Dead Water and Under the Burning Suns. Both had new units that were interesting to use, and a decent story.

There seem to be a ton of new campaigns, and I have no idea where to start. I started and generally liked To Lands Unknown, but I'm running into some bugs. Anyone have any suggestions?
pyrophorus

Post by pyrophorus »

Maybe it would be fine to create somewhere a catalog of existing add-ons, showing their maturity level, and characteristics, like RPG oriented, classical, and so on.
It's quite difficult to choose something by now.
BTW, browsing the Campaign dev forum can give more information.
Friendly,
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

pyrophorus wrote:Maybe it would be fine to create somewhere a catalog of existing add-ons, showing their maturity level, and characteristics, like RPG oriented, classical, and so on.
It's quite difficult to choose something by now.
Yes. It’s been a kind of issues for long time. This was one of them: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=33139
There used to be a respectable Forum Emperor who created this list: http://wiki.wesnoth.org/List_of_campaigns
But no-one continues to do it, including I am...

The problem is that there are too many add-ons currently, and they are updated randomly. Creating this kind of lists, the list-builder is required to download all SP campaigns, and needs to update the list regularly...
I actually PMed Turuk more than a year ago to ask about the list. Unfortunately, the PM is still in my outbox...
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server