Wesnoth 1.10.0

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

cordeirooo

Re: Wesnoth 1.10.0

Post by cordeirooo »

Thanks everyone, it's working perfectly and running smoothly! :D
calon

Post by calon »

Congratulations and thanks to all the contributors!
Luther

Post by Luther »

octalot wrote: If you're downloading source for a project more than once, you're probably better off using a source control tool, which means you download one version*, then just download the changes between that an the next version. And the tool keeps track of any local changes for you.
Thanks. I'll try SVN when the next Wesnoth version comes out. I'll keep seeding my torrent until the next version, since I do have one taker. ^_^
tyler

Post by tyler »

Well, this is some nice news. I can't wait to get done with work and school so that I can install the latest version. I love you guys.
HomerJ

Post by HomerJ »

Hmm, getting some "mixed language" issues on windowsXP, started LoW campaign, introduction is in English, some ingame speech then is German, some more is English again and victory conditions display is also mixed. Can anyone else confirm that?

Greetz
HomerJ
Six years without a signature!
Alarantalara
Art Contributor

Post by Alarantalara »

HomerJ wrote:Hmm, getting some "mixed language" issues on windowsXP, started LoW campaign, introduction is in English, some ingame speech then is German, some more is English again and victory conditions display is also mixed. Can anyone else confirm that?

Greetz
HomerJ
It looks like the German translation of LoW (and help) is incomplete (http://www.wesnoth.org/gettext/index.la ... ion=branch). Perhaps next release.
SlowThinker

Post by SlowThinker »

I wasn't able to reach
http://www.wesnoth.org/addons/1.10/
only 1.9
I work on Conquest Minus • I use DFoolWide, Retro Terrain Package and the add-on 'High Contrast Water'
I moved to Nosebane's corner (Doc Paterson's signature); I am spending my time there, so PM me if I don't answer your post in forums
Ceres
Forum Regular

Post by Ceres »

I'd say that's because 1.10 uses the 1.9 add-on server.
SlowThinker

Post by SlowThinker »

I wanted to remind, maybe it is time to rename it now.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Known. We’ll get to it “soon”.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
taptap

Post by taptap »

Alarantalara wrote:
HomerJ wrote:Hmm, getting some "mixed language" issues on windowsXP, started LoW campaign, introduction is in English, some ingame speech then is German, some more is English again and victory conditions display is also mixed. Can anyone else confirm that?

Greetz
HomerJ
It looks like the German translation of LoW (and help) is incomplete (http://www.wesnoth.org/gettext/index.la ... ion=branch). Perhaps next release.
An additional option under preferences to use a translation only when it is complete - for the campaign in question - would be nice.

But that shouldn't distract from the main event: Congratulations to all involved!
I am a Saurian Skirmisher: I'm a real pest, especially at night.
charris

Post by charris »

The scons build on my platforms - fedora 15 & 16 - has failed for most of the 1.9 series. Apparently this is a known problem due to the names fedora uses for the boost threading libraries. Any chance of fixing that? The cmake configuration has also started showing Boost_DIR-NOTFOUND for the Boost_DIR configuration option, although compilation still works. Plus the xdeltas don't work with the newer versions of xdelta found in recent fedora, it would be nice if compatible xdeltas could be supplied along with the current set.

Apart from that, congratulations on a nice release.
dacurrlywon

Post by dacurrlywon »

:D I add my congrats and look forward to playing wesnoth again - I took a bit of a hitus from it :whistle:
I have one small question:
Although I don't own a smart phone (I'm thinking of getting one soon....) there is no mention that I can make out of the Iphone version any more, or of the Android

According to android's marketplace the version that is held there is 1.8.6 does that mean it is 1.8.6 on the Android or is that the converters version? also do the wesnoth team get any of the profit for said marketplace? As I do applaud the hard work that you have put into this game, and it obviously costs to do some maintenance on servers etc.....

DCW
ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Post by ivanovic »

dacurrlywon wrote:Although I don't own a smart phone (I'm thinking of getting one soon....) there is no mention that I can make out of the Iphone version any more, or of the Android
The reason for this is simple: The iphone port seems to be completely dead. The porter, Kyle, has not replied to any reports of issues for ages, so we can't support this version by eg linking it on the frontpage. The situation of the android port is unsure. This means that it was created by someone who also contributed to "mainline" Wesnoth (so he has the "Developer" tag here in the boards, too) but who is not very active (eg in IRC). Things promised so far (like MP support) were not delivered (yet) and I am not sure if it will be updated to match the latest 1.10.x series. At the moment it is based on the 1.8.x series. Personally I don't know if we (Wesnoth team) get a share of the sales on the marketplace (so far it seems to be a case of "we get nothing, at least got nothing so far).
loonycyborg
Windows Packager

Post by loonycyborg »

charris wrote:The scons build on my platforms - fedora 15 & 16 - has failed for most of the 1.9 series. Apparently this is a known problem due to the names fedora uses for the boost threading libraries.
iirc you can make it compile by passing boost_suffix=-mt . afaik there's no reason for distros to ship any boost libs with -mt suffix currently since there no reason to disable threading support in the first place.
"meh." - zookeeper