Wesnoth 1.10.0

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Wesnoth 1.10.0

Post by ivanovic »

Wesnoth 1.10.0 is out!

Thank you all for your many contributions, bug reports, comments, and patience. We hope you’ll enjoy this first release of the new stable series!

This time we have real release notes translated into many different languages. The most significant changes since Wesnoth 1.8 are listed and summarized there; go and have a look at them! If this is not enough for you, there is also a detailed full changelog listing all the changes, and a more concise players changelog including only those that concern the average player.

It is possible to use your savegames from the 1.9.x series with 1.10.x too. You just have to copy the 1.9.x userdata folder to the location of your 1.10.x userdata.

Known Issues (might be fixed in the next release(s))
  • If you are using Linux, FreeBSD, or other X11-based platforms and building from source, you’ll most likely want to apply this patch. It fixes an issue (bug #19318 [Gna.org]) causing the wrong path to be used for your user preferences directory. This patch is only relevant if you are using the source tarball and rely on the default layout; that is, haven’t overridden the preferences path at compile time. All known packagers were notified of the issue and if you rely on precompiled binaries this fix should already be included with them (e.g. Debian and Gentoo already use this patch for their packages).
Downloads

Source code:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/wesnoth ... 2/download (324.2 MB) md5sum
Here is the XDelta for the sources:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/wesnoth ... a/download (1.8.6 to 1.10.0, 94.3 MB)
http://sourceforge.net/projects/wesnoth ... a/download (1.9.14 to 1.10.0, 3.5 MB)
Check http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?t=7034 for information on using XDelta.

The Windows package is already available. You can find it on the download page.

The Mac OS X package is already available. You can find it on the download page.

The OpenPandora package is already available. You can find it on the download page.

Many of the Linux packages have already been created, and all known packagers have been contacted. Information about where to get the respective binaries or how to get them to work can be found in the Linux binaries page in the wiki. Download links for other supported systems will be available at the download page once the packages are created and published.

As a fallback you can also get the sources from http://files.wesnoth.org/ — but you should first try to get the files through SourceForge.net to help us save bandwidth. Please get the files from SourceForge.net if possible.

The multiplayer server for 1.9.13, 1.9.14 as well as 1.10.x is up and running. This server can only be used to play with other users of 1.9.13 and later. If you do encounter problems, please report them.

The add-ons server for 1.10.x is already running. It was started during the development of 1.9.0 and it serves content for all 1.9.x and 1.10.x versions. If you encounter any problems with add-ons not working as expected, please notify the content’s author — most of them should be here in the Scenario & Campaign Development forum.

If you find any bugs, don’t hesitate to report them, but please read the instructions on how to report bugs first! As bug reports in the forums tend not to be forgotten, you will get better results using the official bug tracker. Again, we require your help for finding and fixing issues, no matter how trivial or complicated they are!

Enjoy!

PS: Within the next seven days anyone asking when the binary for xyz will be ready will be banned and the post will be deleted. Such questions just distract the developers and packagers and don’t do any good, so better not ask them...
Dunno

Re: Wesnoth 1.10.0

Post by Dunno »

*rises a glass of wine*
To the developers! To the artists! To the testers! To Wesnoth! To us!
*gulp gulp*
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
Coffee
Inactive Developer

Post by Coffee »

That was a nice surprise to see this after logging on. Congratulations on another fine release.

However, the link for downloading the source I think should be changed to match the SourceForge link: http://sourceforge.net/projects/wesnoth ... 2/download
ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Post by ivanovic »

Coffee wrote:However, the link for downloading the source I think should be changed to match the SourceForge link: http://sourceforge.net/projects/wesnoth ... 2/download
Fixed.
Luther

Post by Luther »

I've had a lot of trouble downloading the source tarballs recently, so I made a torrent for this version. It's available here: http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6994440 ... 10.tar.bz2. Wesnoth is by far the biggest thing I ever have to download without bittorrent.

I have a crappy Clearwire internet connection and I can't open my port, so I might not be able to seed the whole thing by myself. If you already have the tarball, you can help seed by getting the torrent from the above link and pointing your bittorrent client to the directory containing the tarball. Your client should then verify that you already have the file and start seeding right away.

This torrent thing for Wesnoth might get off to a slow start, but I hope the devs will eventually make this an official distribution method.
cordeirooo

Post by cordeirooo »

Hello,

This is my first time in the forums, but I play the game for a while now.
It is very good to know there is already a 1.10 version! Though, I would like to now if it is possible to use wine to play this version in Ubuntu 10.10 or 11.10.

Thank you for your hard work, this game is awesome. :D
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Post by octalot »

Luther wrote:I've had a lot of trouble downloading the source tarballs recently
If you're downloading source for a project more than once, you're probably better off using a source control tool, which means you download one version*, then just download the changes between that an the next version. And the tool keeps track of any local changes for you.

For Wesnoth, the options are SVN, or one of the other tools that can work with SVN (such as Git).

* See the manual for your tool - it should have an option to tell it which version to start at, rather than downloading all versions since the beginning of the project.
Currently updating the SurvivalXtreme Collection, and the SXC Pressure scenario. That's about a mermish necromancer, who's just found out that her Tentacles Of The Deep have been nerfed.
alexanderthegre

Post by alexanderthegre »

@cordeiroo:
You don't need wine to run this! The following works on ubuntu 11.10:
1. Download, unpack, and set the directory to the source.
2. type "sudo apt-get build-dep wesnoth"
3. type "sudo apt-get libboost-all-dev" (if that doesn't work, try "libboost-dev".
4. type "sudo apt-get install scons"
5. type "scons --config=force"
6. type "scons install".
There you go!

Great release, everybody!
Bad_Dog

Post by Bad_Dog »

The front page says "January 29, 2010." This threw me off for a second. :P
ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Post by ivanovic »

Bad_Dog wrote:The front page says "January 29, 2010." This threw me off for a second. :P
Fixed.
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

Congrats to everyone for their hard work this is a great game :mrgreen:
tr0ll

Post by tr0ll »

ivanovic wrote:This time we have real release notes translated into many different languages.
It isnt obvious when looking at the release notes page that other languages are available, unless one scrolls all the way down. Could the last line of the page be moved near the top?
This would be for people whose browsers cannot handle Accept-Language negotiation (or are set not to) . It does work when i tell Firefox to prefer [de], for example.
cordeirooo

Post by cordeirooo »

alexanderthegre wrote:@cordeiroo:
You don't need wine to run this! The following works on ubuntu 11.10:
1. Download, unpack, and set the directory to the source.
2. type "sudo apt-get build-dep wesnoth"
3. type "sudo apt-get libboost-all-dev" (if that doesn't work, try "libboost-dev".
4. type "sudo apt-get install scons"
5. type "scons --config=force"
6. type "scons install".
There you go!

Great release, everybody!
I got this when trying the libboost:

cordeirooo@cordeirooo-laptop:~$ sudo apt-get libboost-all-dev
E: Invalid operation libboost-all-dev
cordeirooo@cordeirooo-laptop:~$ sudo apt-get libboost-dev
E: Invalid operation libboost-dev

:(

Anyway around this?
(btw, I'm playing this version on my desktop and I have to say that I LOVED the animated chars and the graphical 'enhanced'. You guys are very good at what you do!)

EDIT: I'm very new on Linux, and everything that I know I had to learn on my own, so there'll be some stupid questions on my part; I ask forgiveness in advance!
EDIT2: I made it work. After 4 hours (and after realizing I forgot to add 'install' between apt-get and the package) a lot of install and remove, I finally made it. Sorry to bother the thread!
EDIT3: Sorry shadowmaster, I didn't saw your post. :(
Thank you anyway, though! :D
Last edited by cordeirooo on January 30th, 2012, 5:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
SlickMud

Post by SlickMud »

Huzzah! Good work everybody!
I'm rather hungry, good sir.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

cordeirooo wrote:I got this when trying the libboost:

cordeirooo@cordeirooo-laptop:~$ sudo apt-get libboost-all-dev
E: Invalid operation libboost-all-dev
cordeirooo@cordeirooo-laptop:~$ sudo apt-get libboost-dev
E: Invalid operation libboost-dev
The correct command is sudo apt-get [b]install[/b] libboost-dev.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.