Change the system: Use of translatewiki.net

Discuss and coordinate development of mainline and user-made content translations.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Kaao

Change the system: Use of translatewiki.net

Post by Kaao »

I am Brazilian, and while looking for some open source project to improve my English (a few months ago), I saw the Battle for Wesnoth and FreeCel.
I noticed in the Battle for Wesnoth system was more difficult to translate because presisava translate POEdit and only then, send it to someone else to include in next version. I talked to both translators had capanhas fully translated and could not send.
While in FreeCel, just create the account in http://translatewiki.net be approved (takes a day or less) and can begin to translate and may be included in the next release with great ease.
It would be great if the Battle for Wesnoth would also like this. I know it will be difficult to adapt, why even have unofficial campaigns, among other problems, but the reward is very good.

By Google Translate the message and just revisited it.

Sou brasileiro e, enquanto procurava algum projeto open source para melhorar meu ingles (a alguns meses atrás), ví o Battle for Wesnoth e o FreeCel.
Reparei que no Battle for Wesnoth era mais dificil o sistema para traduzir, pois presisava traduzir com o POEdit e, só depois, enviar para alguem para incluir na próxima versão. Tanto que conversei com tradutores que tinham capanhas totalmente traduzidas e não conseguiam enviar.
Enquanto no FreeCel, basta criar a conta no http://translatewiki.net, ser aprovada (leva um dia ou menos) e pode começar a traduzir e poderá ser incluida na próxima versão com uma grande facilidade.
Seria ótimo se o Battle for Wesnoth fosse também assim. Sei que deverá ser dificil adaptar, até por que tem as campanhas não-oficiais, dentre outros problemas, mas a recompensa será muito boa.

Traduzir a mensagem pelo Google e apenas revisei.
Gallaecio
Translator

Re: Change the system: Use of translatewiki.net

Post by Gallaecio »

I do not find the BfW system hard, but it is true I am kind of a power user, so not the best to give an opinion on that aspect.

But I do believe, if translations were to be moved to somewhere easier for translators without many computing skills, translatewiki would not be the answer (I have used it too, by the way, for FreeCol and other applications).

If the system were to change, I would strongly advise to consider Transifex web service, which is free for FOSS projects (and can be installed locally, although that could be complicated).

Anyway, as I said, I do not find current system difficult to myself, so I won’t vote in favor of changing the system.
Kaao

Re: Change the system: Use of translatewiki.net

Post by Kaao »

[In] Yes, the adaptation would be very complicated, but reward the work.
The way I suggest, would be more autonomy, and without presisar have several people to implement the new translations, and also the inspections as it has a page that shows the latest changes.

[Pt-BR] Sim, a adaptação seria muito complicada, mas recompensaria o trabalho.
Da forma que sugiro, haveria mais autonomia, e sem presisar ter várias pessoas para implementarem as novas traduções, e as fiscalizações também, pois tem uma página que mostra as ultimas mudanças.