[Complete] WTT : Wesnoth Time Twister, a 1v1, 1.9 tournament

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Huumy

Re: WTT : Wesnoth Time Twister, a 1v1, 1.9 tournament

Post by Huumy »

Sorry guys... I just don't feel like playing wesnoth and I'm still kinda busy.

If I still have games to play I forfeit them.

I know this is not nice solution but it's the best I can do atm.

But I wish all the players and observers fun tournament!! :D
"And the girl that you want is directly out in front, And she’s waving her caboose at you, You sneeze achoo, She calls you out and boom!"
The offspring, trolling you since forever.
csarmi

Post by csarmi »

Great_Mage_Atari wrote:Hello WTT! Although I have not been participating due to my limited time and such, I am glad to see that this wonderful tourney is still going strong!
I once again would like to apologize for not being able to compete in this fabulous tournament! I would have very much liked to, but other real-world matters needed to be attended to, and I was unable to play Wesnoth most of the time with limited Internet time. I feel terrible for forgetting my responsibility as a member of the WTT, and hope that none of you hold this against me as a Wesnoth player or as a person.
I thought I would send this post to all of you to tell you how very sorry I am for not being able to participate and my ignorance in not telling you all sooner! I am posting this in case some of the players missed my last announcement.
Thanks,
GMA
well, it happens
np
Gragorak

Post by Gragorak »

The Black Sword wrote:I think Kira has also played szdik too, which would just leave Gregorak vs Kira ...
Would be nice if he could post here and clear the whole issue up though :wink: .
If Kira has time I could play our game after my game against Dauntless. There won't be too much time (Dauntless - me starts at 8.00pm), but I'm beginner and I will lose my game with Dauntless quite fast.
Last edited by Gragorak on December 11th, 2011, 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dreadnough

Post by Dreadnough »

Since the next Round will start very soon I have to make a small announcement.

As far as I get the rules I have to play 2 matches during the next two weeks.

Unfortunatally I won't have any time during those weeks apart from next weekend. So both games must be played at 17.12/18.12.. The good news is, that I am free to play the whole day.

So whoever my next opponents may be, please take this into consideration.

It is kinda bad that christmans is near, which is a time I spend with my family and friends and not with my PC.
Faello

Post by Faello »

Ok guys, it's Sunday, well past 17:30 GMT, I wasn't able to catch elido and Cackfiend seems to be AFK all the time, so I'll just do what I was about to do regardless of the end of this stage of WTT:

I resign from the tournament due to the IRL time constraints.

I wanted to play out all of the games this weekend, but it seems that it wasn't possible and I don't want to commit more time to any new wesnoth game, especially that I cannot guarantee that I'll be avaible.

Thank you (especially The Black Sword) for WTT experience and good luck to you all :)

F.
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.
Dreadnough

Post by Dreadnough »

Now it is getting interesting. I hope I have seen everything correct.

If you just give every opponent of Faello a default loss including the games already played we have a three way tied. In such a case I suggest that csarmi gets place 3 because he managed to play all his games. At least if you do not want this to take any longer.

If only elido and Cackfiend gets their win elido advances of course.

If you just leave the game open we have either a three way tied or elido advances, dont know tbh.

But maybe Faello manages to play at least one more game this day, just to save us trouble.
elido

Post by elido »

Finally i managed to find Faello online.

He replies that he resigned the WTT, which leaves with some difficult decisions on the group.

It seems that the admins will have more work than expected.
csarmi

Post by csarmi »

Well if Faello is resigning, this is what we got:

Three way tie for elido/Cackfiend/csarmi.

Exactly the same results vs everyone else.

With one exception: I have lost to Faello (while the others haven't played him).

If we're trying to judge the best performance of the three there is one sure thing: I performed the worst. (because of that loss)
I believe that we should roll a dice to determine whether elido or Cackfiend qualifies.

Or they can do an extra playoff match. Or us three can if that is what you guys will. I can wake up two mornings if that is what it takes.

Another way is to wait for Faello to finish his games. Afterall, what happens if he finished a few days later?

Faello, are you sure you want out?
soul_steven

Post by soul_steven »

Who won the head to head game with elido and cack? I think head to head is the decider at least it is in pro sports ex so thats what I would go with first...
csarmi

Post by csarmi »

elido defeated cack but you see technically its a free way tie (us three performed the same).

I can be removed by getting my leader charged down vs Faello, but that doesn't mean the games against me shouldn't coutn either if you see what I mean
Gragorak

Post by Gragorak »

Yey, I've played all my games. :D

Gragorak - Dauntless
Spoiler:
Gragorak - Kira1
Spoiler:
Attachments
2p_—_Caves_of_the_Basilisk_Turn_11.gz
Gragorak - Kira1
(24.53 KiB) Downloaded 387 times
Dauntless
TGT Champion

Post by Dauntless »

Attaching the replay of Dauntless Gragorak game :)
Attachments
WTT_gragorak.gz
(19.37 KiB) Downloaded 390 times
soul_steven

Post by soul_steven »

not sure if now is the time to start setting up games for top 3 however I am avaliale all week as long as I have a day notice so let me know when you can play horus and thefish. Thx.
The Black Sword

Post by The Black Sword »

Organisational Part : The first part of the group phase is now finished!

What I have done with group Bode:
I have effectively given bye's to all of nelson's games.
Huumy vs noob-killer and Huumy vs Horus I have given the victory to Huumy's opponents.
Since Huumy only defeated negusnyul, who is not in the running for third place this seems fair. Horus's extra victory is a slight advantage over SS and thefish, but it doesn't change much I think and is the fairest option.

So, thefish on 7pts and Horus and SS on 5pts each are the top 3 in group Bode.
TBS on 6pts, Cremember on 5pts and Rene on 3pts are the top 3 in group Andromeda.
Dauntless on 6pts, Kira1 on 5pts and Mint on 4pts are the top 3 in group Magellanic.
(Again I'm assuming Kira beat szdik here, please post a replay with the result).

Can each top 3 player PM the other 2 in their group immediately and arrange to play each other over the next 2 weeks.

Regarding Centauri:
Given that Faello surrendered, I don't feel its fair to rule csarmi out of the third place tie.
Elido also had the most control over his destiny before Faello's resignation.
Therefore I feel the best way forward is this:
tekelili plays Dreadnough - winner goes through in first place.
Cackfiend plays csarmi - loser is out
winner plays elido - loser is out
winner plays loser of tekelili vs Dreadnough - winner goes through as second place.

I feel this best resembles the position of the group and leaves one player playing at most 3 games over the 2 week time period. Unfortunately the 1st place gets one game less but since they're through to the next round anyway, I hope they won't mind.
I can't dictate the time the game's are played and I don't know your schedule but it would be really great if:
tekelili plays Dreadnough next Sat.
The 3-way play off is determined so the winner can play dreadnough next Sun. if necessary.

If anyone has any issues or improvements to this, please share, its a difficult situation.

For the moment I would like to aim to have all these games played in the 2 weeks scheduled. However I appreciate with Christmas coming up and the difficulties in group Centauri, I may extend this if necessary. Please do make every effort to get the games played in 2 week however.

Other stuff:
Big thanks to all the participants in the initial group stages. We saw some really good games and I hope you enjoyed the tournament. :D
Especially thanks to Gregorak for stepping in late and finishing all his games, I really appreciate it.
Congratulations to Group Magellanic for beating the odds and being only the 2nd group to be fully complete :wink: .
Thank you for the apology Great_Mage_Atari.
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

I dont have any problem with your solution for group Centauri, TBS. I had a pm from Dreadnought that I still didnt answer. I will do it today and hopefully we will play on Saturday.
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II