Bad Moon Rising & Trinity

Review and rate user-made single and multiplayer campaigns and scenarios.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

AlexanderK

Re: Bad Moon Rising & Trinity

Post by AlexanderK »

I use latest version of BMR addon and 1.9.10 Wesnth. I have attached the save.
Attachments
BMR3-Fundraising_Opportu..._Turn_4.gz
(91.15 KiB) Downloaded 664 times
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

I was wrong in my previous post, the loss condition is still there, but it is in the hostage-taker's unit file. If you attack with the dog and don't miss, you will win. If you attack with the dog and miss once, the lieutenant should say something, then the attack continues and the thing you reported happens. You can get around it by either not missing or using the commandos to kill the guy with stones.

Your save-file seems to be corrupt or edited or something strange. Grat's last line has "HUI!" in it, which isn't in the scenario file I uploaded, and his portrait image has the wrong path, also not something in the file I uploaded. That was what I noticed, there may be other screwy things going on...
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
AlexanderK

Post by AlexanderK »

Maybe because my version of archaic era was outdated. I added "HUI!" in cfg file to test why victory condition doesn't work, because it's clearly written [result=victory] in that event, but I am useless in WML still can't figure out why the result was defeat. Now I know it's isn't in this CFG file. I killed him with commando, it's working fine. Thank you.
I updated Wesnoth to 1.9.11 and era.
Triglo

Post by Triglo »

Hi,

Thanks for the campaign. I enjoyed the first level on BMR II, but have found the second level, "Rescue," impossible to win. I feel I am pretty good at this game, having completed all but two or three of the mainline campaigns. I'm not sure if perhaps the AI has too much gold on this level, or if I missed some strategic approach toward beating it. Anyway, I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks!
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

That level can be difficult, especially if you try to keep all the archers alive, but it is much easier if you level some units in skirmishes on the worldmap before that scenario.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
Triglo

Post by Triglo »

Thanks for the advice. I did one skirmish and that extra gold did the trick.
Jojose

Post by Jojose »

I have noticed that for the second scenario "Rescue" something is wrong with the two bosses.

I had previously leveled up the mage to an arch mage, and it hits 12x4 70%, the statistics says the average hit is 4.8 damage. This occurred with Carusoe specifically and I couldn't check, but Barhren seems to take normal damage, what's with that?
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

This: http://forum.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?p=509910#p509910

FORCE_CHANCE_TO_HIT - It's a band-aid, it's not ideal
Rwlyra

Post by Rwlyra »

Hiho! First of all I'm not sure where you'd rather have such feedback - in here or in development thread but here you go =P

- Act II shop does not retract any gold when you buy equipment (bought 3 items with like 200 gold, didn't check if they work but the traits were there!)

- How is this thing where Spearmen and Bowmen in the Rescue get fixed XP if you won a skirmish supposed to work? It doesn't seem to matter how many you won, they still get the same XP and it only works in The Rescue..
In Camp you get swarmed by 1st level guys even if you have loads of 3 levels by then =P same in the next one....

- there is a typo in either 4-Fort Kuhle or 5-Defend intro

And first level of Trinity is TOO MUCH dependent on luck. (Kind of like Enough is Enough but more brutal)
You can lose it in the first turn due to bad rolls!
I don't save-load and I can't beat it after like 15 tries (even tried assasinating the arriving guy with horsemen, it only works when he goes to capture a village where he has 70% evasion, and even then the southern guys just break the line. Yay ;P
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Rwlyra wrote:- Act II shop does not retract any gold when you buy equipment (bought 3 items with like 200 gold, didn't check if they work but the traits were there!)
Hrm, it used to work, I'm pretty sure, but the code is bloated and fragile. I hope to replace it. Thanks for the report.
Rwlyra wrote:- How is this thing where Spearmen and Bowmen in the Rescue get fixed XP if you won a skirmish supposed to work? It doesn't seem to matter how many you won, they still get the same XP and it only works in The Rescue..
In Camp you get swarmed by 1st level guys even if you have loads of 3 levels by then =P same in the next one....
It was specific to that scenario, it wasn't system wide, though it probably should have been. If you grind through a lot of skirmishes, you will overpower any balancing. Not sure what to do about that.
Rwlyra wrote:And first level of Trinity is TOO MUCH dependent on luck. (Kind of like Enough is Enough but more brutal)
You can lose it in the first turn due to bad rolls!
I don't save-load and I can't beat it after like 15 tries (even tried assasinating the arriving guy with horsemen, it only works when he goes to capture a village where he has 70% evasion, and even then the southern guys just break the line. Yay ;P
I've gotten positive and negative feedback on that scenario, I'm not convinced it needs changing, but maybe.
Rwlyra wrote:First of all I'm not sure where you'd rather have such feedback - in here or in development thread but here you go =P
Yeah, this thread was for reviews, but it hasn't worked out. Most of the posts here should have gone into the development threads. I'll ask to have this one locked to avoid confusion. Please direct all responses to the appropriate thread linked in my signature.

Thanks.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

doofus-01 wrote:I'll ask to have this one locked to avoid confusion. Please direct all responses to the appropriate thread linked in my signature.

Thanks.
And done.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.