Invasion from the Unknown 1.90.8 [Wesnoth 1.12]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Iris
Site Administrator

Invasion from the Unknown 1.90.8 [Wesnoth 1.12]

Post by Iris »

Feedback and artwork development topics
Downloading

The latest release is version 1.90.8, and it can be obtained from the Wesnoth 1.12.x add-ons server.
This version is intended to work on Wesnoth 1.12.0 and later only.

Older discussion topics
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: Invasion from the Unknown (1.90.0) for Wesnoth 1.9/1.10

Post by Iris »

Version 1.90.0 is out!

This is the first publicly/official released version of IftU for Wesnoth 1.9.x or Wesnoth 1.10. It currently requires version 1.9.6 or later.

I am not maintaining this campaign anymore, although I’ll try to help with any problems whenever I can. My main focus for now is developing the sequel, After the Storm (also for Wesnoth 1.9.x/1.10 at the moment, Episode I complete with 13 scenarios).

My thanks go to Espreon for his dedication to helping with IftU and AtS’ development since 2008 — a really long time, in fact. He will be the maintainer for this IftU release series, and he’ll tend to your complaints, bug reports, feature requests and (hopefully) compliments. Most of the 1.8 → 1.10 porting work done here has been his and AI/AI0867’s. I didn’t lift a finger at all, except for porting some miscellaneous changes from AtS, and uploading this first release.

Regards
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Finally! IftU is back! I will play it in the near future, and this time without cheats.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
WanderingHero

Post by WanderingHero »

Whats changed in this version?
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

You mean, besides the obvious “runs on 1.9/1.10” business? See the changelog.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I have played your campaign, and I really loved it. I underestimated my abilities and chose the easy difficulty and then it was too easy, but at least I have played through the amazing story. It should be a core campaign, in my opinion.

The only issue I had was that the fort in the final battle was not too visible, and I have read in the .cfg file that there is a fortress after having completed the campaign. I think there should be a hint there is one.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

I’m not sure I understand correctly. Is that in The Heart, or in the epilogue sequence? Could you post a screenshot?
Iris
Site Administrator

Invasion from the Unknown (1.90.1) for Wesnoth 1.9/1.10

Post by Iris »

Version 1.90.1 is out with some minor cosmetic changes. The changelog for this version follows:

Code: Select all

Version 1.90.1:
- User interface:
    - Improved custom themes for use in cutscenes, from AtS.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

shadowmaster wrote:I’m not sure I understand correctly. Is that in The Heart, or in the epilogue sequence? Could you post a screenshot?
I mean the one where you fight Argan, Mal Keshar summons his Death Lord, where the main combat takes place. I think that it is rather in The Heart, than in the epilogue.
blackjack

Re: Invasion from the Unknown (1.90.1) for Wesnoth 1.9/1.10

Post by blackjack »

In 04_Over_the_Sands.cfg, $fee_value is not defined. So entering the "optional" valley is free.
A witty saying proves nothing.
-Voltaire
Theron

Post by Theron »

IftU 1.90.0, hard / Wesnoth 1.9.9 / Mac OS X 10.6.8

Feedback about the first 8 scenarios:

#All
Missing gold carryover notes.

Cool … interesting (map) changes like an additional keep, moved keep locations …
Elvish Civilian: portrait has black background
Sprite has Shaman's portrait. (probably intended)
<invalid wml> [gold] missing required amount= attribute
#5a
WC's plague does not work on some Chaos units like Knight of Chaos and Crossbowman despite being human. (WCs were raised from the dead by Mal Keshar)
(My Necromancer's WC's plague ability works.)
Anlindë and Mal Keshar weren't recalled but are on the recall list.
(I'm not sure if I want to play this scenario as my starting gold is now effectively 60 instead of 100.)
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Post by Espreon »

blackjack wrote: In 04_Over_the_Sands.cfg, $fee_value is not defined. So entering the "optional" valley is free.
Fixed.
Theron wrote: #8
Anlindë and Mal Keshar weren't recalled but are on the recall list.
Fixed. It seems that either these uses of their recall macros were always fed wrong coördinates or that the map was changed at one point and the coördinates weren't updated.
#5a
WC's plague does not work on some Chaos units like Knight of Chaos and Crossbowman despite being human. (WCs were raised from the dead by Mal Keshar)
I can't seem to reproduce this in trunk, so perhaps it's some sort of engine bug in 1.9.9. Does this only occur with WCs raised by Mal Keshar?
<invalid wml> [gold] missing required amount= attribute
Fixed.
Elvish Civilian: portrait has black background
These will probably get removed unless I somehow get my hands on larger, transparent versions.
#All
Missing gold carryover notes.
I'll deal with this soon.
Dugi wrote: The only issue I had was that the fort in the final battle was not too visible, and I have read in the .cfg file that there is a fortress after having completed the campaign. I think there should be a hint there is one.
Would you please post a screenshot of the issue?

Thank you for your reports. I'll get a new release out this weekend or so... probably earlier.
Theron

Post by Theron »

I can't seem to reproduce this in trunk, so perhaps it's some sort of engine bug in 1.9.9. Does this only occur with WCs raised by Mal Keshar?
I think so:
Replay of Crossfire:
WC's (rised by Mal Keshar) plague attack not working in turn 7 and turn 8.
Attachments
IftU-1-Crossfire_replay.gz
(52.06 KiB) Downloaded 804 times
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Post by Espreon »

Theron wrote:
I think so:
Replay of Crossfire:
WC's (rised by Mal Keshar) plague attack not working in turn 7 and turn 8.

Hmmm, even in 1.9.9, I cannot reproduce this; I see no code that would cause this. Can you consistently reproduce this (after starting the whole scenario over again without using the same initial save)? If not, I guess you hit some kind of rare engine bug or something.
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature.

In "Innuendo", you rescue three prisoners. One of them, Lédinor, is plot-relevant and is recalled. The other 2, Garg and Rurhló, are not recalled in future scenarios. This can be fixed simply by adding in:

Code: Select all

[recall]
        id=Garg
        [/recall]
	[recall]
            id=Rurhló
        [/recall]
together with the other recalls. Certainly the prisoners have nowhere else to go...

As an aside, have we ever been able to get a mage to join the party? I seem to recall having a (non-Aragwaithi) mage in a previous version, but can't seem to recall how that came about. Maybe I am mistaken.
A witty saying proves nothing.
-Voltaire