Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
doofus-01
Art Director

Re: WTactics: Original-art-give-back

Post by doofus-01 »

I know you are not really posting these for critique, so I won't push the issue, but in case any revisions to the art are still possible, I'll mention that something is bothering me about the arms & shoulder of the campfire lady. Her arm seems too short, I think it may be because her shoulder is not involved in the throwing of those peppers. I did a mostly cut&paste to show what I mean. I don't think it would be difficult for your artist to fix, if s/he sees what I mean and agrees.
Attachments
ElvenCamp.png
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Atz
Art Contributor

Post by Atz »

I think the original is fine. Shoulder doesn't look like it's attached correctly in the edit - joint and socket don't match up and I don't think the back muscles connect the way they should.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Regarding that battering ram, I'm really tempted to make a "scenario-only" battering-ram unit. The idea would be that the ram itself can get damaged by other soldiers, but moves at a glacial pace and has a ton of hitpoints. The ram would move on a pre-scripted (if under AI enemy control) path up to a castle, and just "park" next to the castle for several turns to besiege it, and then the castle is breached, either winning, or losing the scenario.

"Scenario only" meaning this would be only for campaign levels, where it's part of the storyline.
thespaceinvader wrote:Including good portraits in mainline is worthwhile when they fit a current unit, IMO, but including them on the offchance someone might use them for a character seems a little over the top.
Actually, I mostly disagree. Perhaps not mainline, but we really ought to build a repository for such portraits, so they don't get lost.
Play Frogatto & Friends - a finished, open-source adventure game!
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Atz wrote: Shoulder doesn't look like it's attached correctly in the edit - joint and socket don't match up and I don't think the back muscles connect the way they should.
doofus-01 wrote: I did a mostly cut&paste to show what I mean.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

Jetrel wrote:Actually, I mostly disagree. Perhaps not mainline, but we really ought to build a repository for such portraits, so they don't get lost.
Somehow I don't like posting it in this thread, because it's a big off topic, but there was a similar attempt already: After I created the scenario image collection, Neuromancer wanted to create a UMC portrait collection. However, he dropped it again, so I maybe (*maybe*) wanted to take it over. Currently I'm not sure if I really want to do this, but Neuromancer seems to have already collected some images.

Crend
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
eyerouge

Post by eyerouge »

OrcDrummer.png
drummer.png
drummer.png (212.76 KiB) Viewed 6312 times
shareLoad.png
shareLoad.png (196.73 KiB) Viewed 6312 times
sharetheload.png
eyerouge

Post by eyerouge »

GoblinScrapGatherer.png
scrapgatherer.png
scrapgatherer.png (214.43 KiB) Viewed 6196 times
eyerouge

Post by eyerouge »

WTactics brings you some more booty! This time around we present the gorgeous Merfolk Rider, Crazy Orc Dwarf-whooping, a guy that has seen better days and some what-the-frakk useless cogs with kinky writing on them. Forum pooped on me so I'll split this in two for your leisure-pleausure... and as usual, feel free to tell if you use these or give us your hand.
cMerRider.png
MerfolkRider.png
cmovingpiece.png
MovingPiece.png
Attachments
GoblinSacredPlace.png
eyerouge

Post by eyerouge »

cShaman.png
cfirststrike.png
FirstStrike.png
cclockwork.png
Clockwork.png
eyerouge

Post by eyerouge »

Dwarf.png
sentry.png
william150

Post by william150 »

Veeery good. but in my opinion relevant. he seems more human lieutenant than dwarf.
eyerouge

Post by eyerouge »

william150 wrote:Veeery good. but in my opinion relevant. he seems more human lieutenant than dwarf.
I agree he doesn't look like the stereotypical dwarf (short, fat or wide, white, middle-aged and male). Maybe he tries to instill the revolutionary thought that dwarfs can look different, or if that is too much of dogm-breaking, he could be a half-breed. Or, maybe people can ignore us calling him dwarf and call him "human" in their mod. Possibilities are endless. ;)
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

Can we use any of these for Wesnoth UMC stuff? I think I have a use for the raven. :D
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
eyerouge

Post by eyerouge »

vultraz wrote:Can we use any of these for Wesnoth UMC stuff? I think I have a use for the raven. :D
They're GPL 2 or later. They can be used for anything that shares that license.
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

eyerouge wrote:
vultraz wrote:Can we use any of these for Wesnoth UMC stuff? I think I have a use for the raven. :D
They're GPL 2 or later. They can be used for anything that shares that license.
'k thanks :D
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?