Story of the Slimes

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Great_Mage_Atari

Re: Story of the Slimes 0.4.6!

Post by Great_Mage_Atari »

Last edited by Great_Mage_Atari on October 6th, 2011, 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
uncleshelby

Re: Story of the Slimes 0.4.6!

Post by uncleshelby »

Whoa. Maybe I haven't heard of that. Although it did sound familiar.
Timshel
Great_Mage_Atari

Re: Story of the Slimes 0.4.6 (BfW 1.9x)

Just updated the 2nd scenario. See pg. 1.
Great_Mage_Atari

Re: Story of the Slimes Campaign

Hola mis amigos!
I am planning to do a huge facelift of my units, along with some idle and attack animations. During this time, progress on regular updates may be haltered a bit. Not to worry though, as I will continue to create more for your enjoyment. If you have any suggestions on the artwork, I would love to hear it!

Thanks, and stay slimey!
netzakh

Re: Story of the Slimes 0.4.6 (BfW 1.9x)

Post by netzakh »

The campaign is definitely interesting and entertaining.
  • More high-level Slime units are needed, especially L2 for the Slime Pack.
  • Unit ideas: backstab slime, flying slime monster... Cold slimes (can be made cold-breathing at L2) can be useful if there is a scenario against drakes.
  • An idea for one of the last bosses:
    • Type: Iron Mauler
    • Name: Aphrodite Kallipygos
    • Traits: dextrous, feral [sic!]
    • Keep location: a pitch of desert surrounded by snow (snow-sand transitions are cool)
    • Recruits: L1 and L2 Toads from the Era of Magic
    • Intro dialogue:
      Slimely: Wow! A real-life Heavy Infantrywoman? Or is that some kind of cheesy Nude Bike Ride costume?
      Aphrodite: Bite my shiny metal crotch!
Great_Mage_Atari

Re: Story of the Slimes Campaign

netzakh wrote:The campaign is definitely interesting and entertaining.
At least someone thinks so :lol2:
netzakh wrote:More high-level Slime units are needed, especially L2 for the Slime Pack.
Thank you for bringing this up! A L2 addition to the Slime Pack line is in the works. The Plague Slime will also undergo some slight changes and get its own advancement. Slimely will become a new Slime with leadership and a crown on his head (maybe a beard too?). I also plan on making the Wild and Feral Slime more fierce looking, and give them the feral trait. So stay tuned!
netzakh wrote:Unit ideas: backstab slime, flying slime monster... Cold slimes (can be made cold-breathing at L2) can be useful if there is a scenario against drakes.
Backstab Slime is an OK idea, but it doesn't really fit in with my storyline at all, though the idea is starting to make my imagination fly, so it may be possible for me to add it. The Flying Slime is also going through the concept art, so it will be added eventually (possibly to the first scenario and have most of the same qualities as Vampire Bats, but with different resistances). Cold Slimes may appear, but it is unlikely (though I suppose something needs to counter Drakes, so we'll see about it).
netzakh wrote:An idea for one of the last bosses:
Type: Iron Mauler
Name: Aphrodite Kallipygos
Traits: dextrous, feral [sic!]
Keep location: a pitch of desert surrounded by snow (snow-sand transitions are cool)Recruits: L1 and L2 Toads from the Era of MagicIntro dialogue:
Slimely: Wow! A real-life Heavy Infantrywoman? Or is that some kind of cheesy Nude Bike Ride costume?
Aphrodite: Bite my shiny metal crotch!
Not a bad idea, I suppose. I like the intended gender-related humor. Though it seems sort of suggestive in a way. I would like to not use any characters from separate eras, so as to keep the story line full of mainline units and my own creations. A few cameo appearances may make their way in though :wink: I like the idea of an opposite-gender unit of a male unit, since there aren't very many women fighters in the loyalist army, so it may be incorporated at some point. I try to keep the scenarios and language semi-clean though, so as not to make offensive or suggestive comments (even I have my limitations and morals.)
At this point in time, I am working mostly on concepts for artwork and characters, as well as coding for WML. If these ideas are good to you, or you want to throw out your own ideas, please, share!
tr0ll

Re: Story of the Slimes

Post by tr0ll »

i keep getting these messages in the log:
error audio: Could not load sound file 'squishy-miss.ogg'.
error audio: could not find track 'wesnoth-1.ogg'
warning engine: cannot show message

Calvin got killed in the 3rd scenario and it wasnt a defeat condition so i continued. In later scenarios one of the conditions is "Death of a Calvin" and also he seems to have some dialogue.

The game exited after i encountered this error:
error general: An error due to possibly invalid WML occurred
The error message is :
Unknown unit type : Saurian Auger while scoring units.

When reporting the bug please include the following error message :
Condition 'enemy_info' failed at /home/keb/Documents/src/wesnoth-1.9.9/src/ai/default/ai.cpp:415 in function 'get_combat_score_vs'.
Error: No running window found
savegame attached.
Attachments
SotS-Downer-Auto-Save1.gz
savegame just before error.
(54.07 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
Great_Mage_Atari

tr0ll wrote:i keep getting these messages in the log:error audio: Could not load sound file 'squishy-miss.ogg'.error audio: could not find track 'wesnoth-1.ogg'warning engine: cannot show message
Not sure what could be causing this. Make sure you are using BfW 1.9x, as 1.8x and lower is not supported.
tr0ll wrote:Calvin got killed in the 3rd scenario and it wasnt a defeat condition so i continued. In later scenarios one of the conditions is "Death of a Calvin" and also he seems to have some dialogue.
This is now will be fixed in 1/2 hour.
tr0ll wrote:The game exited after i encountered this error:error general: An error due to possibly invalid WML occurredThe error message is :Unknown unit type : Saurian Auger while scoring units.
A mis-spell on my part. Is fixed.
tr0ll wrote:When reporting the bug please include the following error message :Condition 'enemy_info' failed at /home/keb/Documents/src/wesnoth-1.9.9/src/ai/default/ai.cpp:415 in function 'get_combat_score_vs'.Error: No running window found savegame attached.
No idea what this is. Possibly due to last error.
Great_Mage_Atari

Good news! Errors are fixed! Have fun!
death160

Post by death160 »

Great_Mage_Atari wrote:Good news! Errors are fixed! Have fun!
Slimes will conquer the world! Slimes 4ever! :lol2:
I Don't Have A Signature.
Great_Mage_Atari

Hola players!
Just posting this to let you know that the new artwork is in the making, and some scenarios should be improved in a short period of time!
Keep Slimin'!
Ceres
Forum Regular

Post by Ceres »

Scenario 2: <Lua> Unknown condition, ignoring.
If you put condition=lose between lines 126 and 127, that error would disappear, and "Death of Calvin" would actually be listed as a defeat condition in the objectives.

Scenario 6: Oozle (team name "Slimes") and Slimely (teman name "slimes") are on different sides.
(You've got "war hungly" on line 207 there btw)
Great_Mage_Atari

Thanks for your bug report! These issues are fixed and updated to the server.
netzakh

A slime is the universal welcome.

Post by netzakh »

The cave scenario: when I played it in (I guess) 0.4.2, the dwarves did all the job, but I assume now it is better as the previous elvish movetype made all non-cave slimes too slow. Also, I suggest there be a use of Cavemenslimes, or rather their advancements, outside caves.

Now I am looking forward to re-playing the campaign after there is an L2 for the Slime Pack. Though maybe I will learn from the Honey Badger and re-play it anyway.
Great_Mage_Atari

netzakh wrote:The cave scenario: when I played it in (I guess) 0.4.2, the dwarves did all the job, but I assume now it is better as the previous elvish movetype made all non-cave slimes too slow. Also, I suggest there be a use of Cavemenslimes, or rather their advancements, outside caves.
I am so glad you brought this up! I am putting aside some of the art and working on balancing this scenario even further.
netzakh wrote:Now I am looking forward to re-playing the campaign after there is an L2 for the Slime Pack. Though maybe I will learn from the Honey Badger and re-play it anyway.
The Slime Pack (as of the moment) has two advancements in the midst of being added to the campaign. And soon!